Of course V4 beta testing was started long time ago in 3.7 thread. Now we will continue it there.
Mac OS X [4.0.11]:
Mac OS X Download Link
Linux Download Link
- Airbrush - like tools will work even if you will paint one dot with them. First touch dot will always appear. It improves painting precission in general.
- Scripting got major update. Look documentation. Generally it allows to do non-destructive modeling with primitives. It is good to create parametric hardsurface stuff. Scripts may be inserted in any top menu section. Paint layers management via script. Extended control over voxel scene.
- To center mass/to bound center will work correctly for empty objects - it will take point from the summ of children.
- Pivot/transform should work correctly with empty parent layers.
- Several mantis problems solved
- Gizmo for 2D - grid, Materials and masks
- better algorithm for FFD pose deformations - should work cleaner.
- More visible symmetry point.
- wireframe in Edit all layers via PSD
- Big amount of bugs from Mantis fixed - including critical ones, see in Mantis.
- Splines improved - loading splines dialog got major improvement, now it is possible to place splines in space and import them as 3D - shapes.
- export big mesh from MV/PTEX as STL allowed for 3D printing.
- font updated to include all Unicode characters, style changes a little, symbols placement improved - symbols like VA Vo AY stay closer to each other.
On Rauls side: Merged code with Raul. Even if I was trying to do all super accurately and have not found any issues, this area requires additional checks in real sculpting.
- Copy clay (meshmixer-like) - copy pieces from surface and paste on other place - still requires clanup from Raul. Should not be used in real job, it is still in very beta stage.
- Close holes works much more accurate and closes holes with very smooth patch.
- Quadrangulation tweaked to get better capturing of narrow details and better quality in average
- Several critical bugs from Mantis fixed - especially vertex painting with symmetry, see list there - http://3d-coat.com/m...ll_bug_page.php
- script can be called from command line
- PSD files may be exported from File->Export dialog as one of textures type. Also if obj/lwo/fbx files refer PSD file, it will be imported correctly as well. It is especially important for AppLinks.
- VoxLayer got Round profile for edge as option
- quadrangulation is very close to be finally done, improved stability and predictability of the result.
1) Essentially updated quadrangulation.
- quads only in very most cases
- adaptive density, much better features capturing (like fingers)
- users strokes will create exact edges if tangent post-smoothing is turned off
- hardsurface retopology. But it is a bit experimental.
- good symmetry support. Symmetry improves quality drastically.
- no more spirals. Edgeloops are created in almost all cases.
2) Clone/Cut&Clone problem fixed (reported by philnolan)
- sticky keys implemented. Description -
You may define a hotkey to almost any action that you may perform via UI. To define a hotkey please hover your cursor over the required action and press the END key. Then press the required keys combination. Keys can be specific for the current room or even a tool. One key may be assigned to multiple actions or tools simultaneously (called Stacked Keys). Stacked Keys allows you to cycle through multiple tools with a single hotkey. If you defined a single action, tool or preset to a key, then you can use Sticky Keys. Pressing the key will activate tool and if you continue to hold it then release, it will activate the previous tool. In such a way you may temporarily activate some tool like freeze for example. With Sticky Keys, if you activate tool via hotkey and press the assigned key again, it will re-activate the previously used tool. Sticky keys does not work with Stacked Keys.
- Hint may be assigned to any preset
- Artman's presets updated.
- Pinch improved a lot - now it applies displacement + more accurate + separate pressure curves for depth and pinch
- Brushes improved even more, rotation stabilisation improved, nuw Rapid brush is very accurate and nice.
- Sync with Photoshop/other psd editors keeps correct visibility of layers exchange.
- Baking is more clean now, especially on thin surfaces and harsurface geometry and on seams.
- surface mode brushes tuned a lot to produce good and predictable result. Especially that ones:
Draw, Clay, Flatten, Chiesel, Rapid, Rqapid2, Claws, Claws2, Mud, Mud2, LC
I especially recommend Rapid, Rapid2 and Flatten with Buildup.
- Problem (relatively rare) with first big spot when brushing with pen finally resolved.
- Better stability of LC & Remove stretching brushing, no more black dots
- Loop subdivision tool implemented in surface tools. It is just regular mesh subdivision, very helpful for accurate detailing.
- Smoother tool to smooth selected area at infinity degree. This is valence independent smotthing of some area regardless on it's topology. Instead of iterative smoothing it solves directly the Poisson equation. There is option to preserve details and get area that preserves general shape but vanishes details.
- Delete all layers changed to Delete unused layers
- Top panel optimized for lower resolution, it may work correctly on 1280x... screen
- Artman's preset included by default. It overwrites existing artman tools once after installing
28.05.2013 RC01 (+Linx,Mac)
- Several UI tweaks: shader right free space removed, default windows placement adjusted a bit, UV preview window in retopo/uv room.
- updated default brushes/strips/materials/masks set
- fill tool lines mode problem fixed
- LC like tool upper range of details changed from 3 to 5
- little fixes from mantis
- Important! LC detils parameter changed to be in consistency with V3.7.18. Now it produces 2x more detils than before, othervice even maximal value 3.0 gives not enough details. Pay attention to that change, if you set hight value for LC details, decrease it twice. Default spacing adjusted a bit to produce more comfortaable result.
- brush option "rotate along stroke" improved a lot
- FipX/Y/Z fixed
- set of defult brushes/strips/masks updated
- Increse/Decrease 2X problem fixed
- pencil tool for single pixel painting
- new icons in navigation panel for ease of access
- a lot of refinement and bugfixes from mantis
- Bake occlusion tool may bake direct light
- flattern tool in Paint tool will work correctly for PPP
- a lot of work done to fix bugs reported by mantis, crash reports, issues sent to support
- ptex painting speed improved, random quads issue fixed
- fixed problem of using spline stroke with small pen radius (there was radius when nothing was drawn)
- fixed problem of seams over UV pieces that are outside of [0..1] UV square
- fixed different problems related to seamlessness of painting
- boolean operations shuld work faster. It is especially related to merging surface volumes. Color information will be correctly transformed. It is recommended to merge small volume->big volume, it will work faster.
- a lot of mantis related problems fixed.
- possibility to specify distance between UV islands when packing (see command in left panel with settings)
- a lot of major mantis-reorted problems fixed including dots and falloff problem.
- when loading model with extenal textures each texture will be placed on separate layer, better support of bump in ext textures.
- lwo import improved, now if multiple surfaces refer the same texture they will be gathered to single UV set.
- Main problems of ppp are solved. Now possible to paint even deep displacement without artifacts. Before you were able to paint only small bump-like displacement, now the normal map is calculated correctly for deep displacement, too. Painting quality comparison - http://www.3d-coat.c..._comparison.png
- Seamless painting in ppp mode improved a lot. Compare seams quality - http://www.3d-coat.c...s/SeamsV3V4.png . Baking voxels -> ppp displacement is not tuned well, but will be improved in next build.
- LC reduce reduces more powerfully, cap turned off, LC tools are working much better on mixed big/small triangles scene.
- Primitives gizmos polished a to act more convenient and look better.
- Clone, Cut&Clone extended to surface mode too.
- Auto pick option in most tools will allow to switch to other volumes automatically while drawing without need to switch there manually.
- Split tool extended to surface mode too. It allows to split through all scene, split instances. <-- good for making broken objects.
- Rendering semi-transparent objects improved, now will be rendered correctly (sorted from back to front) almost always.
- Painting conditions preview will work correctly for all conditions and all paint modes (ppp/mv/ptex/voxels)
- A lot of mantis reported problems fixed
- Important! Baking settings improved a lot to get full control over the baking - http://bit.ly/154tlJd
It allows to set different scan depth for different areas of the mesh.
- Baking will take into account externally loaded normalmap
- Tiled voxel space introduced to produce tiled textures in voxel room. It is easy to export result via File->Export->Export depth along Y. See wizard in Start menu->Surface mode
- File->Export->Export depth along Y may be useful to produce textures, masks and alphas too.
- Huge amount of typos fixed.
- improved compatibility with LW11, now textures will load automatically.
- Auto seamo will act on current group only.
- A lot of mantis reported problems fixed, a lot of work done for stabilisation and cleaning.
- Main intension of the build is bugfixing, big amount of mantis reported problems fixed. A lot of critical problems solved. Often mentioned lags problem fixed too.
- camera position will be stored in save file, it is convenient to open file and occur in last saved camera state.
- Important change in masks painting - there is volume preserving mode that is now default. In this mode instead of just modulating effects by mask surface may be displaced in both sides - back and forward so that in average volume will be approximately preserved. It is very important if you use mask for detailing. This mode allows to avoid constant surface growing when painting.
- Models palette is now available in Retopo room to be merged directly in retopo room. Retopo layers may be dragged to that palette.
- E-mode circle/lasso/rectangle/spline etc will work closer to PS style - SPACE + LMB will move whole shape.
- Render room got improvement - prossibility to render blended states between several saved scenes. In so way short animated illustrations may be easily rendered. It was done mainly for my son's personal project, I think it will be helpful for community too. I expect to be criticized for this little animation support, but it was my personal needs, not just new feature, so I will be really sad in case of critics.
- a lot of small but important changes that I forgot to mention because stopped to tweet last couple of weeks. Seems should start it again.
- с++ like script langualge (angelscript) will be available soon within 3D-Coat's shell.It allows to perform batch actions, create macro commands and interactive tutorials. It has very basic functionality now and will be extended on requests. c++ like scripting chose becaus of speed, possibility to include good scripts directly into 3D--Coat's engine.
- Transform gizmo related changes:
1) Leave rotated axis turned ON by default
2) Gizmo direction&position stored for each volume. Both are correctly transformed when parent gets some transform
3) "To main axis" button - same as in retopo room. Retopo room's button renamed to "To main axis" because it has no relation to any local space.
4) Mannequin model rearranged - correct parenting, pivots and axis direction. It was very easy with new command. Now posung mannequin is pure joy.
5) To center mass/bound center are changing only position, not direction
6) [X] button near coordinates to clear them quickly
7) In primitives ahis directions are hidden by default, but you may show them if need (axis coordinates was cluttering panel a lot)
- masks preview for cubemapping (when navigating)
- lag problem when switching rooms and tools fixed
- different mantis reports fixed
- Magic wand tool in Paint room
- New items in VoxTree->RMB menu: Show all, Shoaw subtree (to make nodes visible)
- All applicable brush jitters will act on merge tool in "On pen" mode - http://t.co/JynOj0D2
- VoxExtruude works now correctly with different combinations of symmetry/extrude directions/flattern
- a lot of mantis reported problems fixed, big work done there
- Important change! "Ignore backfaces" works basing on Z-Buffer, not on normals direction. It makes possible to work correctly over multilayered structures correctly (example - thin pants).
- Curve stroke improved to work well with thin walls even if b-splines are used.
- a lot of mantis bugfixes
- fixed major problem of broken SHIFT smoothing in LC tools
- improved Absolute/Extrude/LC Extrude bruhes (how they work with pen pressure), fixed dots in General brush
- some Mantis issues fixed
- fixed problems with precission in spline stroke mode
- CTRL in VoxExtrude will invert extrusion
- Smooth all may work over frozen area and will work much faster. It gives good and predictable way to smooth selected areas.
- fixed all reported mantis problems
- Extrude/Flattern area in voxel suraface mode done - http://bit.ly/RlzRts , http://bit.ly/RlzWgw , http://bit.ly/RlzYoG
- VoxLayer/Extrude got nice preview of future shape - http://bit.ly/VbgTU5
- VoxLayer/Extrude will make spots that will create shapes of pen's size - http://bit.ly/VbhpBz It gives much better control.
- Surfacial smooth polished a lot, now it has a lot of useful options and has become very powerful tool - http://bit.ly/RlzKxQ
- all problems reported by e-mail and Mantis fixed (windows storing, occlusion, spline stroke problems and other).
- polished spline stroke. Multiple strokes per pass, closed strokes allowed. Different radius per control point if need (optional). Better spline preview. Progress shown. Good description in hints. Splines shapes tuned to be very nice and predictable.
- selecting islands in UV mode by clicking on object
- Retopo->Export groups for exporting group as separate file
- arrows icons for swapping color
- bugfixes from Mantis, forum and bugreports
- Important! New E-mode - spine stroke mode. It allows to model very nice and accurate stroke with spline and pressure graph in ANY tool where it has sense. Example - http://www.screencas.../t/8RJ8C0g5naY2 It should be very useful for painting and sculpting, you may do predictable, accurate strokes.
- TSmooth tweaked as SHIFT action
- Sevral mantis issues fixed.
- big work performed over stabilizing and optimizing 3D-Coat. I hope LC tools will work much more predictably and faster. Many areas of 3D-Coat including paint, retopo, voxels was tested and a lot of bugs fixed. A lot of Mantis bugs fixed.
- Zooming in/out speed will depend on distance from the pivot point to perform better navigation
- options how ghosting will be treated (see top panel)
- Direct uploading to sketchfab.com done
- new Bridge tool
- Decompose (Separate disconnected pieces) tool
- a lot of bugfixes to stabilize 3DC. Many of them are critical fixes.
- you may choose if material is tiled or not
- Save files will be saved to temporary file an then renamed so that previous version of file will not be corrupted if crash happens.
- Relaxation tool
- better smoothing algorithms
- Reconstruct tool
- a lot of bugfixes and small tweaks, see mantis
- Different actions assigned to SHIFT and CTRL SHIFT - see at top in surface mode. Powerful smooth is not polished enough, will be improved.
- Set of retopo bugs fixed
- Close/make holes improved a lot, but we continue to work over it
- Wireframe rendering speed and quality improved a lot. Now it works according to View->Show wireframe. By default W assigned but F4 may remain from previous install. Then you need to re-assign it manually.
- LC & close holes issues fixed. There is check box "Quality" to determine what you prefer - better quality or speed. Actually speed differs not much.
- some Undo issues fixed
- At least it looks a bit like V4
- New start dialog, I hope this time it will be more useful. The main purpose was to expose different workflows there (they was usually hidden deeply in different submenus), it may be useful not only at start but in process too. You may customize it (but it is for experienced users, it is relatively not hard via xml files in StartMenu folder)
- New LC changes from Raul. But we contitue hammering there.
- New fit tool to combine separate pieces that look similar but has different topology. Important to handle scan data.
- Remove undercuts tool.
- E modes improvements: new modes for square and circle instead of SHIFT&drag because SHIFT conflicts with other modes - http://bit.ly/OrVYxS
- Recangle&circle modes will show dimensions, in ortho mode - with real world values, SPACE allows to enter numbers - http://bit.ly/UO5InH
- 3DC got 2 choices how to calculate normals - as before or as in Maya for better compatibility.
- 3D-Coat got most common TBN space used in most 3D-applications (Maya, Blender) - Morten Mikkelsen's TBN space
- N-gons with complex shape will be correctry supported in paint and retopo rooms. It was done by the way wnen solving normalmapping issues.
- a lot of refinements in Primitives tool, especially for surface mode
- Fixed a bib load of mantis repiorted problems + blob tool problems (was working randomly)
V4 BETA (experimental)
Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:10 PM
- Javis, L'Ancien Regime, fuad3d and 1 other like this
Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:16 PM
"The Wind In the Willows", Chapter 7 "The Piper at the Gates Of Dawn"
Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:04 PM
Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:47 PM
After another stroke on that area:
This kind of issues won't be fixed until there's a limit on the number of edges linked to one vertex.
Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:04 PM
And if those explosions/holes issues are solved, pinch in surface mode will be extremely useful to define edges
Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:02 PM
"The autolod is auto adjusted regarding brush size. Problem is it's very localized, which can be cool, but currently on the border area it creates superpoles. And that's where the holes/explosions happen:"
That is how I thought it might work. Sometimes though you want a smaller brush size without increasing the detail or increasing only slightly. RefineSteps made that possible as you could adjust it. I hope we can have an option to use refinesteps and not completely do away with it.
RefineSteps was very handy and a big part of my workflow. Sculptris has a detail slider which is more or less like RefineSteps, so having it all auto LOD might not be the best solution as the user has no control over the amount of detail except brush size...
if you want to sculp without increasing resolution, why not switching to normal surface mode tools... its not that hard
Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:17 PM
I put my old video card back in to get windows working. I get this error in the picture when I load the non cuda 32 bit version of 3DCoat beta 4.A1. I had no problems running 3DCoat before with my older video card.
Both DX and Open GL get the same error.
Running XP Pro
Downloaded 3.7.18H and it runs fine but in the top title bar it still saids 3.7.18F,a typo oversight I believe either in the web site update page or in the program.
It appears the error I get when trying to run the new Beta 4 version is limited to that version.
Picture included to show the error dialog box...
Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:38 PM
I deleted my posting on the subject...
Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:14 AM
8 core 2.5 Xeon /12 gb RAM DX 64 Cuda / 560GTX-Ti. I always use the latest build.
Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:59 AM
Oh yes, I can confirm big poles, will try to fix them asap,it should not happen
Also default detail in remove strtching is too high
Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:25 AM
Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:38 AM
Thanks Javis! in fact I was going to sleep after a long working nigth but this bug will not allow me to rest so better to squish it fast
I hear you there, I have had long nights where I need to do something like that before I can even consider sleep!
When you get there (sleep), make sure you capitalize on it. Your brain wont stop processing those problems, and may even solve it when you're asleep.
- stusutcliffe likes this
Messiah|Modo|3DC+Video Training Bundles
Report any bugs & post feature requests on the 3DC Mantis page: http://3d-coat.com/mantis/
Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:30 AM
Let me know when I can upgrade. Egad, I just noticed the "free upgrade to Version 4". Somebody should tell Kay-Eva who expressed concern as to whether it could be afforded. The splash screen looks great and the new GUI tempts more exploring. Congratulations Andrew and team.
free upgrade to Version 4?
Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch Small (CTH-461)
Windows 8.1 Pro , Silo 2.2 ,3D-Coat V4 Pro, TrueSpace 7
3 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users