Of course V4 beta testing was started long time ago in 3.7 thread. Now we will continue it there.
Google drive mirror
Mac OS X [4.1.16]:
Mac OS X Download Link
Linux Download Link
The latest build for Linux is postponed because 3D-Coat now uses FBX SDK 2015.1 which requires GLIBC 2.7 but development system has been built around CentOS 5.10 with GLIBC 2.5. Upgrading the development system will take some time.
- multithreading problems fixed in ppp painting - so it will work much faster (strokes, layers visibility etc)
- Paint room text tool aliasing problem fixed (but still needs some work even if become much better)
- Put picture along curve correctly works with opacity in depth channel
- swap YZ completely implemented in al tools (including axis and arrows colors). So Z-up mode should work correcty now.
- Constructor tool enabled. It was developed previously but was not open to everyone. This is lego/minecraft style of cell modeling - mainly aimed to children. Together with symmery, pose and wrapping it may help in "serious" modeling as well.
- RMB controls radius in more predictable way in 2d texture editor
- Swap YZ option in preferences (to work with editors that has Z - axis - up) globally exchanges Y and Z everywhere (in dialogs, naming etc)
- Tapering tweaked - pressure at the end of curve will be used even after the end of tapering length. In this way tapering may be use to start strokes smoothly regardless on initial "pen strike".
- Rapid brush tweaked to work closer to previous version but bake advantage from newer approach. This is done to preserve compatibility with presets.
Paint room curves fixed:
- rmb controls radius correctly in both - 3d and 2d modex
- fixed problem of incorrect normal in some cases of windows configuration (blocking problem)
- rmb click toggles hardness
- Tapering introduced! Look icon near the radius control.
- Fixed major bug related to symmetry & presets "desease".
- Lag after stroke fixed, Undo speeded up. This should improve sculpting experience greatly.
- "Frame" correct.
- Symmetry copy problem solved.
- Rapid/Claws corrected to be less bumpy (but still rigid).
- "Apply" overrides Enter in all tools
- Rotate along stroke/strips does not lead to initial round spot in some tools.
- Layer blending popup polished
- Quick access to layer's blending options - hover layer, press small triangle that appears on the right.
- "Rotate along stroke" tuned to avoid trajectory twisting, many surface brushes got trjectory improvement that should lead to more predictble sculpting.
- Retopo with symmetry improved . Points will be automatically snapped and weld to the symmetry plane. It is especially important in non-virtual mirror mode.
- slide edges correctly works with non-virtual symmetry
- Splinestroke E mode works correctly with multiple strokes - no more random dots.
- Set of problems related to fill/ fill with freeze fixed in vertex paint mode.
- New retopo tool - scale. It scales clusters individually. Bewel, select sharp edges got better dialog and realtime preview.
- Fixed a lot of problems related to symmetry. Clone with symmetry problem solved.
- Fixed problem of "Simple" triangulation, compatibility presets tweaked. I still need help in 3D-Max compatibility.
- Better support of highpoly meshes import via File->Import for vertex painting. It works faster and requires less memory.
- Import images as mesh supports tiff-s
- normalmapping standartized. Presets for normalmapping introduced. It is in preferences, inport dialog, normalmap import dialog.It was big inversigatoon - usually software vendort does not whare methods of calculation of tangent space. So I was testing and checkng a lot. Now need your help to create presets itself. Especially I have problems with 3D-Max. If someone wants to help to create preset - please drop me mail to support. I need help with Modo.
I also discovered that in most cases 3D packages not woring corectly with normalmaps/tangentspace. Even in best case (baked in maya, rendered in maya) it will not show completely correctly. But in 3D-Coat it will show correctly! We tested Maya, Unity, both have problems in shaders.
- We moved to FBX SDK 2015, solved a lot of different FBX export/import problems.
- Normals/Tangentspace will be exported together with FBX, but in Maya you will need smooth normals from menu to show perfectly. Unity catches all well without additional actions (except it's own internal probems that we may not solve).
- Retopo menu split in 2 parts - Retopo and Bake.
- Text/hints refined
- Symmetry polished to work in all modes.
- Symmetry dialog is now popup and dockable.
- Step symmetry
- Split tool fixed
- Blending modes corrected for better compatibility with PS
- opacity of layer transferred correctly from PS to 3DC
- Tangent space/triangulation options introduced into Preferences. This requires some additional work to understand what setting are best for each external software. I will publih test files very soon to check on different software.
- a lt of mantis problems fixed.
- Symmetry finished in good beta stage. All tools supported.
- presets support symmetry (optionally)
- primitives history store symmetry as well
- pose tool got 3d lasso support
- one baking problem fixed - sometimes after baking, saving and re-opening scene tangent space was different and seams appeared. I need your help in testing this change -
Plese set Preferences->Local space normalisation to Normalize T by B, bake scene, open object with normalmap in your favorite modeler/render
then set the value to Normalize B by T, re-bake, open in modeler/render as well. Where the quaity is better (I mean sems and normals quality).
- general case of symmetry introduced. All tools but Autopo support new symmetry. Autopo support for miltiple mirrors expeted in next build.
- fixed gizmo problem in transform tool.
- fixed stamp mode problem in vxelmode.
- fixed retopo FBX crash
- fixed problem that was breaking pipeline Voxels->Retopo, Bake with triangulation->Exort.Final object was not triangulated.
- autopo dialog problems fixed.
- Merge, curves text parameters stored in History window as well.
- Rect/Ellipse E - modes may become square if 'Q' pressed (may be changed in settings)
- fixed a lot of scripting bugs, manual updated
- Chiesel/Flattern brushes tuned a lot. Now they easyly produce flat surfac even undr aggressive sculpting. It hould work much more prodictable. Changes was done under gudance of on russian artist.
- Primitives history window. It keeps history of primitives usage (Windows->Primitives history). It opens way to nondestructive modeling. Further I will add curves, merge, cutoff and possibly stroking history.
- problem of curves preview wnen node scaled fixed. RMB & drag will scale node, RMB click will toggle sharpness (for uniformity with other curve-like tools)
- UV-sets names correceted - if symbl like : happens there - it will be replaced with _ to be able to export textures correctly.
- Scripts will not be paused on inactive windows
- Scripts updated a bit - naming in comboboxes changed a bit for getting unique identifiers, some functions related to uv selection introduced, command line accessing.
- Fixed Undo in UV/Retopo - no more switching to zero UV set after Undo
- Hardsurface autopo disabled if voxelize turned ON in AUTOPO dialog.
- fixed crash in UV room -> Hide. Hide/invert hide/unhide different problems fixed.
- Chiesel/flattern got improvement - much more predictble trajectory and better quality. Normals sampling got better algorithm - nrmals are sampled along trajectory, non in just end spot.
- Noise tool introduced in surface mode with realtime preview and infinite details. Pay special attention to anisotropic mode. It is good for natural stones. In Normal mode it is good planet generator. This tool is only initial iteration for future noise tool, node editor expected there.
- Vertical lathe curve
- ui in primitives polished a bit (tooltips, icons).
- fixed very important problem that was happening sometimes (mostly depending on computer and OS, most frequent on Win 8.1) that was causing strokes screwing.
- realtime preview for Textures->Adjust->... Multithreading optimisation applied to adjust operations.
- Improved interaction with photoshop in case of mirrored UV sets - you may paint on both of mirrored sides and they will be merged correctly.
- copy clay updated - but still in very beta stage. Pay attendion to bend->Laplacian
- Hints over primitives restored
- Res+ in surface mode subdivides whole mesh
- dragging layer inside layers folder works correctly
- ALT+layer click works correctly
- stamp mode in paint room and Texture->Apply-> works correctly now with multiple volumes (stated by artman, but it seems to be longstanding problem)
- VoxTree RMB -> Put on ground, Lay on ground (Object will be moved and rotated to get physically stable position on the ground.)
- found and fixed retopo merging problems - one crash and one major slowdown while merging retopo -> paint room. Last one - longstanding problem, relatively highpoly meshes from retopo room was producing huge lags while merging in paint room.
- Inverse function for Chiesel tweaked to produce less wavy surface.
- retopo groups random color change fixed. Now you may edit retopo palette
- Pen rotation interpolation tweaked to avoid inintial rotation of the brush - no more this -
- Layers groups introduced. Interaction with PS completely supported.
- Primitives UI essentially changed to icon-based style.
- Normalmap layer may be locally magnified or reduced with Magnify tool
- Text primitive supports bending, text may be conformed to surface using bending with pen click or "Conform to surface" button.
- bugfixes (mentioned by BeatKitano and artman)
- fixed shaders crash
- Split&Joints got delta distance between joints sides
- more safe cached volumes - I vanished all known ways to destroy it (it was possible for example with Resample)
- Merge tool got "To main axis".
- different problems related to primitives density in surface and voxel modes solved. Previously merging primitive in dence volumes took too much memory and was not stable.
- UV & Retopo unwraping tool will not crash on non manifold meshes and will even try to unwrap them correctly.
- importing mesh for Ptex will trigger warning dialog if there are triangles/ngons.
- RMB->Extrude will work in real units as other tools
- Merging new mesh in retopo room will remove alone empty uv set to avoid accamulating void unnecessary uv sets.
- fixed airbrush in paint room
- fixed problem of 2x lathe size
- improved autopo usability, UI a bit changed. For complex shapes using of "Voxelize" recommended.
- New primitive - Text.
- Sketch tool problems fixed.
- Merge tool + Merge as skin works in real units and draws preview.
- Pick from retopo centrifies gizmo.
- Undo with intersect fixed in voxel mode.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 4.1 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- pen picks something only within work area on screen to avoid random clicks out of work area.
- Edit projection in PS improved - now it supports mirrored UVs. In case of painting on both sides of mirror Coat prefers closer polygon.
- several instabilities fixed.
- uv-related problems fixed
- Attempt to resolve "loosing pressure" issue on Wacom. It is Wacom's bug so I need to do different sort of "strange hacks" to avoid this.
- Retopo groups may be treated as Objects, not as Materials (as before, but you may switch to old style in preferences). It is much more logicat, but this change requires careful check, it is potentially unsafe.
- Stability of strokes shape on very curvy shapes improved - http://www.3d-coat.c...iew.php?id=1440
- Steady Stroke AUTO OFF when press Shift key for quick smooth
- Freeze->Hide frozen areas !!!
- Fixed crash in mark seams
- Fixed sketch tool problems
- Adjusted depth in pinxch (3x)
- fixed: Decimation removes specularity!
- fixed: Specular channel deleted in Proxy mode
- fixed: Specular channel deleted in Proxy mode
- fixed: Polygonal spline tool doesn't close
- fixed: Materials In Paint Room Disappear When Inverting
- fixed: "More/Less on heights" masking only works with positive heights
- fixed: Changing texture size to a factor of 1:2 changes existing uvs and UVs results in streches
- fixed problems with unclosed splines
- fixed superlongstanding issue of GL version when depth shader are freezing depth when shadow enabled.
- several important stability issues resolved
- improved: Adjustable scale for palette colors/shaders
- New method of unwrapping - GU (globally ungorm unfolding) along with ABF, LSCM. It was not intended to be new feature, but idea appeared during fixing the crash in unwrap procedure.
There are comparison images:
- Crease clay completely changed. Now depth defined by depth slider and strength determined by slider. Each has pressure curve. Adaptive details algorithm specially adopted to procuce cleanest result with Crease clay.
- several mantis problems fixed.
- RMB menu shifted to right, items rearranged a bit to avoid random activation of commands whilesculpting.
- Flattern got CTRL action similar to clay to be able to buildup among flettering sessions.
- Crease clay works independently on pen's radius - extrusion is proportional to pen radius.
- InstallToMenu script problem fixed
- several mantis issues resolved
- Very important UI improvement. Now you may press RMB and get properties window - http://pilgway.com/files/DirectRMB.png
- Pose problems fixed.
- Strokes in surf mode will be even more uniform and precise. Any bumpness removed that was possible with soft stroke mode. Brushes depth generally normalized to produce adequate result under medium depth values.
- Specular works correctly in clone/smudge for vertexpainting in Paint room.
- A lot of mantis problems solved
- Pose tool got regular gizmo (optionally) + good bending algorithm - 3d-coat.com/files/newpose.gif
- Pose tool got "Adjust transition area" checkbox to adjust bending area accurately without re-selecting.
- several mantis fixes.
- Surface Clay modified a bit to increase predictability (now it does not lift surface)
- Buildup tool changed to correspond to it's description and to be good start point for building surface.
- Pose tool corrected to avoid problems of switching between FFD and regular mode.
- two new specular blending modes - Overwrite and Alpha-blend. Overwrite acts only if specularity is above zero.
- UI stability improved, solved several problems that may lead to crash.
- Specularity blending modes introduced
- pose falloff applicable for lasso/rect selection inPose as well.
- different proxy mode problems solved
- camera shortcuts problems solved
- several mantis problems solved
- Undo/Redo for Pose tool works correctly now
- Pose tool got super important addition - selection spline profile + free form deformation strictness.
- [forgot to mention in 14] Cloth relax in Retopo room to make all islands edges to be nicely corresponding to each other, important to decrease square/length trash to very minimal degree.
- LiveClay-like brushes are well compatible now with boolean operations - no explosions/legs/stretched triangles on edges, no broken edges outside of pen influence.
- export vector displacement accessible after baking as well.
- 3D Lasso selection for freeze/vox/layer/vox extrude - see illustration - http://www.3d-coat.c...3dselection.jpg
Further it will be extended to other tools.
- Major scripting update, see manual (parametric dialogs, script - controlled strokes, retopo layers management, several examples)
- General cleanup and fixing Mantis issues.
- Flatten clay got to well working state. Indent and regular smoothing introduced. Now this may be really useful and powerful brush.
- General brush got a lot of refinements, some sub-brushes was not working at all, now all works nicely. Regular (non - tangent) smoothing introduced there as well.
- Flatten works correctly with normals sampling>100%
- Picking the surface in LC-based tools fixed. It was not average point and sometimes was flying on some offset from the surface. Now it is much more predictable.
- Several problems related to voxel <-> surface transition fixed
- Several mantis bugs fixed
0001362 Tool preset names are not remembered by 3DC
0001360 Crash when changing surface tools presets
0001366 Relax in Retopo Room not functioning right w/ Symmetry on
0001365 Retopo_Welding_Deletes Faces
- LC-based tools polished. With new fast approach of LC color/specular will be correctly kept during all paint operations.
- several Mantis problems fixed. Especially important fixes:
0001327 "Pick from retopo" loads every single retopo group from the scene
0001336 Vertex Paint Preview Window Bug
0001339 Scene Scale Corrupts Clone Tool
0001077 LiveClay creates holes
- Airbrush - like tools will work even if you will paint one dot with them. First touch dot will always appear. It improves painting precission in general.
- Scripting got major update. Look documentation. Generally it allows to do non-destructive modeling with primitives. It is good to create parametric hardsurface stuff. Scripts may be inserted in any top menu section. Paint layers management via script. Extended control over voxel scene.
- To center mass/to bound center will work correctly for empty objects - it will take point from the summ of children.
- Pivot/transform should work correctly with empty parent layers.
- Several mantis problems solved
- Gizmo for 2D - grid, Materials and masks
- better algorithm for FFD pose deformations - should work cleaner.
- More visible symmetry point.
- wireframe in Edit all layers via PSD
- Big amount of bugs from Mantis fixed - including critical ones, see in Mantis.
- Splines improved - loading splines dialog got major improvement, now it is possible to place splines in space and import them as 3D - shapes.
- export big mesh from MV/PTEX as STL allowed for 3D printing.
- font updated to include all Unicode characters, style changes a little, symbols placement improved - symbols like VA Vo AY stay closer to each other.
On Rauls side: Merged code with Raul. Even if I was trying to do all super accurately and have not found any issues, this area requires additional checks in real sculpting.
- Copy clay (meshmixer-like) - copy pieces from surface and paste on other place - still requires clanup from Raul. Should not be used in real job, it is still in very beta stage.
- Close holes works much more accurate and closes holes with very smooth patch.
- Quadrangulation tweaked to get better capturing of narrow details and better quality in average
- Several critical bugs from Mantis fixed - especially vertex painting with symmetry, see list there - http://3d-coat.com/m...ll_bug_page.php
- script can be called from command line
- PSD files may be exported from File->Export dialog as one of textures type. Also if obj/lwo/fbx files refer PSD file, it will be imported correctly as well. It is especially important for AppLinks.
- VoxLayer got Round profile for edge as option
- quadrangulation is very close to be finally done, improved stability and predictability of the result.
1) Essentially updated quadrangulation.
- quads only in very most cases
- adaptive density, much better features capturing (like fingers)
- users strokes will create exact edges if tangent post-smoothing is turned off
- hardsurface retopology. But it is a bit experimental.
- good symmetry support. Symmetry improves quality drastically.
- no more spirals. Edgeloops are created in almost all cases.
2) Clone/Cut&Clone problem fixed (reported by philnolan)
- sticky keys implemented. Description -
You may define a hotkey to almost any action that you may perform via UI. To define a hotkey please hover your cursor over the required action and press the END key. Then press the required keys combination. Keys can be specific for the current room or even a tool. One key may be assigned to multiple actions or tools simultaneously (called Stacked Keys). Stacked Keys allows you to cycle through multiple tools with a single hotkey. If you defined a single action, tool or preset to a key, then you can use Sticky Keys. Pressing the key will activate tool and if you continue to hold it then release, it will activate the previous tool. In such a way you may temporarily activate some tool like freeze for example. With Sticky Keys, if you activate tool via hotkey and press the assigned key again, it will re-activate the previously used tool. Sticky keys does not work with Stacked Keys.
- Hint may be assigned to any preset
- Artman's presets updated.
- Pinch improved a lot - now it applies displacement + more accurate + separate pressure curves for depth and pinch
- Brushes improved even more, rotation stabilisation improved, nuw Rapid brush is very accurate and nice.
- Sync with Photoshop/other psd editors keeps correct visibility of layers exchange.
- Baking is more clean now, especially on thin surfaces and harsurface geometry and on seams.
- surface mode brushes tuned a lot to produce good and predictable result. Especially that ones:
Draw, Clay, Flatten, Chiesel, Rapid, Rqapid2, Claws, Claws2, Mud, Mud2, LC
I especially recommend Rapid, Rapid2 and Flatten with Buildup.
- Problem (relatively rare) with first big spot when brushing with pen finally resolved.
- Better stability of LC & Remove stretching brushing, no more black dots
- Loop subdivision tool implemented in surface tools. It is just regular mesh subdivision, very helpful for accurate detailing.
- Smoother tool to smooth selected area at infinity degree. This is valence independent smotthing of some area regardless on it's topology. Instead of iterative smoothing it solves directly the Poisson equation. There is option to preserve details and get area that preserves general shape but vanishes details.
- Delete all layers changed to Delete unused layers
- Top panel optimized for lower resolution, it may work correctly on 1280x... screen
- Artman's preset included by default. It overwrites existing artman tools once after installing
28.05.2013 RC01 (+Linx,Mac)
- Several UI tweaks: shader right free space removed, default windows placement adjusted a bit, UV preview window in retopo/uv room.
- updated default brushes/strips/materials/masks set
- fill tool lines mode problem fixed
- LC like tool upper range of details changed from 3 to 5
- little fixes from mantis
- Important! LC detils parameter changed to be in consistency with V3.7.18. Now it produces 2x more detils than before, othervice even maximal value 3.0 gives not enough details. Pay attention to that change, if you set hight value for LC details, decrease it twice. Default spacing adjusted a bit to produce more comfortaable result.
- brush option "rotate along stroke" improved a lot
- FipX/Y/Z fixed
- set of defult brushes/strips/masks updated
- Increse/Decrease 2X problem fixed
- pencil tool for single pixel painting
- new icons in navigation panel for ease of access
- a lot of refinement and bugfixes from mantis
- Bake occlusion tool may bake direct light
- flattern tool in Paint tool will work correctly for PPP
- a lot of work done to fix bugs reported by mantis, crash reports, issues sent to support
- ptex painting speed improved, random quads issue fixed
- fixed problem of using spline stroke with small pen radius (there was radius when nothing was drawn)
- fixed problem of seams over UV pieces that are outside of [0..1] UV square
- fixed different problems related to seamlessness of painting
- boolean operations shuld work faster. It is especially related to merging surface volumes. Color information will be correctly transformed. It is recommended to merge small volume->big volume, it will work faster.
- a lot of mantis related problems fixed.
- possibility to specify distance between UV islands when packing (see command in left panel with settings)
- a lot of major mantis-reorted problems fixed including dots and falloff problem.
- when loading model with extenal textures each texture will be placed on separate layer, better support of bump in ext textures.
- lwo import improved, now if multiple surfaces refer the same texture they will be gathered to single UV set.
- Main problems of ppp are solved. Now possible to paint even deep displacement without artifacts. Before you were able to paint only small bump-like displacement, now the normal map is calculated correctly for deep displacement, too. Painting quality comparison - http://www.3d-coat.c..._comparison.png
- Seamless painting in ppp mode improved a lot. Compare seams quality - http://www.3d-coat.c...s/SeamsV3V4.png . Baking voxels -> ppp displacement is not tuned well, but will be improved in next build.
- LC reduce reduces more powerfully, cap turned off, LC tools are working much better on mixed big/small triangles scene.
- Primitives gizmos polished a to act more convenient and look better.
- Clone, Cut&Clone extended to surface mode too.
- Auto pick option in most tools will allow to switch to other volumes automatically while drawing without need to switch there manually.
- Split tool extended to surface mode too. It allows to split through all scene, split instances. <-- good for making broken objects.
- Rendering semi-transparent objects improved, now will be rendered correctly (sorted from back to front) almost always.
- Painting conditions preview will work correctly for all conditions and all paint modes (ppp/mv/ptex/voxels)
- A lot of mantis reported problems fixed
- Important! Baking settings improved a lot to get full control over the baking - http://bit.ly/154tlJd
It allows to set different scan depth for different areas of the mesh.
- Baking will take into account externally loaded normalmap
- Tiled voxel space introduced to produce tiled textures in voxel room. It is easy to export result via File->Export->Export depth along Y. See wizard in Start menu->Surface mode
- File->Export->Export depth along Y may be useful to produce textures, masks and alphas too.
- Huge amount of typos fixed.
- improved compatibility with LW11, now textures will load automatically.
- Auto seamo will act on current group only.
- A lot of mantis reported problems fixed, a lot of work done for stabilisation and cleaning.
- Main intension of the build is bugfixing, big amount of mantis reported problems fixed. A lot of critical problems solved. Often mentioned lags problem fixed too.
- camera position will be stored in save file, it is convenient to open file and occur in last saved camera state.
- Important change in masks painting - there is volume preserving mode that is now default. In this mode instead of just modulating effects by mask surface may be displaced in both sides - back and forward so that in average volume will be approximately preserved. It is very important if you use mask for detailing. This mode allows to avoid constant surface growing when painting.
- Models palette is now available in Retopo room to be merged directly in retopo room. Retopo layers may be dragged to that palette.
- E-mode circle/lasso/rectangle/spline etc will work closer to PS style - SPACE + LMB will move whole shape.
- Render room got improvement - prossibility to render blended states between several saved scenes. In so way short animated illustrations may be easily rendered. It was done mainly for my son's personal project, I think it will be helpful for community too. I expect to be criticized for this little animation support, but it was my personal needs, not just new feature, so I will be really sad in case of critics.
- a lot of small but important changes that I forgot to mention because stopped to tweet last couple of weeks. Seems should start it again.
- с++ like script langualge (angelscript) will be available soon within 3D-Coat's shell.It allows to perform batch actions, create macro commands and interactive tutorials. It has very basic functionality now and will be extended on requests. c++ like scripting chose becaus of speed, possibility to include good scripts directly into 3D--Coat's engine.
- Transform gizmo related changes:
1) Leave rotated axis turned ON by default
2) Gizmo direction&position stored for each volume. Both are correctly transformed when parent gets some transform
3) "To main axis" button - same as in retopo room. Retopo room's button renamed to "To main axis" because it has no relation to any local space.
4) Mannequin model rearranged - correct parenting, pivots and axis direction. It was very easy with new command. Now posung mannequin is pure joy.
5) To center mass/bound center are changing only position, not direction
6) [X] button near coordinates to clear them quickly
7) In primitives ahis directions are hidden by default, but you may show them if need (axis coordinates was cluttering panel a lot)
- masks preview for cubemapping (when navigating)
- lag problem when switching rooms and tools fixed
- different mantis reports fixed
- Magic wand tool in Paint room
- New items in VoxTree->RMB menu: Show all, Shoaw subtree (to make nodes visible)
- All applicable brush jitters will act on merge tool in "On pen" mode - http://t.co/JynOj0D2
- VoxExtruude works now correctly with different combinations of symmetry/extrude directions/flattern
- a lot of mantis reported problems fixed, big work done there
- Important change! "Ignore backfaces" works basing on Z-Buffer, not on normals direction. It makes possible to work correctly over multilayered structures correctly (example - thin pants).
- Curve stroke improved to work well with thin walls even if b-splines are used.
- a lot of mantis bugfixes
- fixed major problem of broken SHIFT smoothing in LC tools
- improved Absolute/Extrude/LC Extrude bruhes (how they work with pen pressure), fixed dots in General brush
- some Mantis issues fixed
- fixed problems with precission in spline stroke mode
- CTRL in VoxExtrude will invert extrusion
- Smooth all may work over frozen area and will work much faster. It gives good and predictable way to smooth selected areas.
- fixed all reported mantis problems
- Extrude/Flattern area in voxel suraface mode done - http://bit.ly/RlzRts , http://bit.ly/RlzWgw , http://bit.ly/RlzYoG
- VoxLayer/Extrude got nice preview of future shape - http://bit.ly/VbgTU5
- VoxLayer/Extrude will make spots that will create shapes of pen's size - http://bit.ly/VbhpBz It gives much better control.
- Surfacial smooth polished a lot, now it has a lot of useful options and has become very powerful tool - http://bit.ly/RlzKxQ
- all problems reported by e-mail and Mantis fixed (windows storing, occlusion, spline stroke problems and other).
- polished spline stroke. Multiple strokes per pass, closed strokes allowed. Different radius per control point if need (optional). Better spline preview. Progress shown. Good description in hints. Splines shapes tuned to be very nice and predictable.
- selecting islands in UV mode by clicking on object
- Retopo->Export groups for exporting group as separate file
- arrows icons for swapping color
- bugfixes from Mantis, forum and bugreports
- Important! New E-mode - spine stroke mode. It allows to model very nice and accurate stroke with spline and pressure graph in ANY tool where it has sense. Example - http://www.screencas.../t/8RJ8C0g5naY2 It should be very useful for painting and sculpting, you may do predictable, accurate strokes.
- TSmooth tweaked as SHIFT action
- Sevral mantis issues fixed.
- big work performed over stabilizing and optimizing 3D-Coat. I hope LC tools will work much more predictably and faster. Many areas of 3D-Coat including paint, retopo, voxels was tested and a lot of bugs fixed. A lot of Mantis bugs fixed.
- Zooming in/out speed will depend on distance from the pivot point to perform better navigation
- options how ghosting will be treated (see top panel)
- Direct uploading to sketchfab.com done
- new Bridge tool
- Decompose (Separate disconnected pieces) tool
- a lot of bugfixes to stabilize 3DC. Many of them are critical fixes.
- you may choose if material is tiled or not
- Save files will be saved to temporary file an then renamed so that previous version of file will not be corrupted if crash happens.
- Relaxation tool
- better smoothing algorithms
- Reconstruct tool
- a lot of bugfixes and small tweaks, see mantis
- Different actions assigned to SHIFT and CTRL SHIFT - see at top in surface mode. Powerful smooth is not polished enough, will be improved.
- Set of retopo bugs fixed
- Close/make holes improved a lot, but we continue to work over it
- Wireframe rendering speed and quality improved a lot. Now it works according to View->Show wireframe. By default W assigned but F4 may remain from previous install. Then you need to re-assign it manually.
- LC & close holes issues fixed. There is check box "Quality" to determine what you prefer - better quality or speed. Actually speed differs not much.
- some Undo issues fixed
- At least it looks a bit like V4
- New start dialog, I hope this time it will be more useful. The main purpose was to expose different workflows there (they was usually hidden deeply in different submenus), it may be useful not only at start but in process too. You may customize it (but it is for experienced users, it is relatively not hard via xml files in StartMenu folder)
- New LC changes from Raul. But we contitue hammering there.
- New fit tool to combine separate pieces that look similar but has different topology. Important to handle scan data.
- Remove undercuts tool.
- E modes improvements: new modes for square and circle instead of SHIFT&drag because SHIFT conflicts with other modes - http://bit.ly/OrVYxS
- Recangle&circle modes will show dimensions, in ortho mode - with real world values, SPACE allows to enter numbers - http://bit.ly/UO5InH
- 3DC got 2 choices how to calculate normals - as before or as in Maya for better compatibility.
- 3D-Coat got most common TBN space used in most 3D-applications (Maya, Blender) - Morten Mikkelsen's TBN space
- N-gons with complex shape will be correctry supported in paint and retopo rooms. It was done by the way wnen solving normalmapping issues.
- a lot of refinements in Primitives tool, especially for surface mode
- Fixed a bib load of mantis repiorted problems + blob tool problems (was working randomly)