• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stusutcliffe

stusutcliffe

Novice

• PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

Er ok,bare with me. When I used to open 3DCoat and select a sphere from the menu that appears mid screen.It had a "clay" type shader ,very similar to the "PicMat-Clay" shader from the Shaders menu....but I think it was slightly different, sort of less shiny? Now I quite liked this one. But if I then chose a new shader from the menu, I could never get the original one back because it didnt seem to be available to choose from the menu! Now, having made a few new shaders based on the simpler one available,I seem to have lost that nice shader forever! So now when I select a sphere it appears as a "Sculptris Grey" one I made.
So I am wondering How do I do a complete "reboot" of my textures?, and get them "factory fresh" . I download each new update which seems to remember all my settings. ( although I think Vers 10 seemed to delete a couple of shaders I had made!?) Do I need to delete something deep within the program file?,then reinstall...

#2 Psmith

Psmith

Helper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

The ultimate "reset to defaults" can be made by deleting your 3DC folders, entirely, and then re-installing the latest version.

Greg Smith

#3 TimmyZDesign

TimmyZDesign

Apprentice

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Interests:3D Generalist

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

Feature request:
An "initialize 3D-Coat" button that will restore all default settings. Zbrush has this feature.
It's nice to be able to reset everything without deleting folders and reinstalling the software.
I guess I should repost this in the Feature Request section of the forum, or perhaps mention it in the Beta thread?
Intel Xeon W3570 (4 core @ 3.2GHz) 6 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro FX 3800 (1GB GPU memory, CUDA, OpenGL)
Windows Vista Professional 64-bit
1st display is Wacom Cintiq 21UX (2nd Gen) (1600 x 1200)
2nd display is ASUS VE245H (1920 x 1080)

#4 Polygoon

Polygoon

Novice

• PipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Graphic art, Sailing, Fishing, Wildlife.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

+1 , I agree

Win.7 64 . DirectX 11.0
Intel Core i7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
4.0.04B1. CUDA 64
Email me

#5 stusutcliffe

stusutcliffe

Novice

• PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

Thanks! Now I know a "little" bit more in general about Coat,maybe I will be able to configure it a bit neater than I had it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users