Notice about Feature Requests & Bug Reports

The bug reporting and feature request forums (except for the Urgent Help section) are going away soon! Please use Mantis to report any bugs and feature requests. the link to Mantis is:
3d-coat.com/mantis/

Read more about it HERE.

Photo

Shader Shenanigans

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stusutcliffe

stusutcliffe

Novice

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

Er ok,bare with me. When I used to open 3DCoat and select a sphere from the menu that appears mid screen.It had a "clay" type shader ,very similar to the "PicMat-Clay" shader from the Shaders menu....but I think it was slightly different, sort of less shiny? Now I quite liked this one. But if I then chose a new shader from the menu, I could never get the original one back because it didnt seem to be available to choose from the menu! Now, having made a few new shaders based on the simpler one available,I seem to have lost that nice shader forever! So now when I select a sphere it appears as a "Sculptris Grey" one I made.
So I am wondering How do I do a complete "reboot" of my textures?, and get them "factory fresh" . I download each new update which seems to remember all my settings. ( although I think Vers 10 seemed to delete a couple of shaders I had made!?) Do I need to delete something deep within the program file?,then reinstall...

#2 Psmith

Psmith

Helper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

The ultimate "reset to defaults" can be made by deleting your 3DC folders, entirely, and then re-installing the latest version.

Greg Smith

#3 TimmyZDesign

TimmyZDesign

Apprentice

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:3D Generalist

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

Feature request:
An "initialize 3D-Coat" button that will restore all default settings. Zbrush has this feature.
It's nice to be able to reset everything without deleting folders and reinstalling the software.
I guess I should repost this in the Feature Request section of the forum, or perhaps mention it in the Beta thread?
Intel Xeon W3570 (4 core @ 3.2GHz) 6 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro FX 3800 (1GB GPU memory, CUDA, OpenGL)
Windows Vista Professional 64-bit
1st display is Wacom Cintiq 21UX (2nd Gen) (1600 x 1200)
2nd display is ASUS VE245H (1920 x 1080)

#4 Polygoon

Polygoon

Novice

• PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:Graphic art, Sailing, Fishing, Wildlife.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

+1 , I agree

Win.7 64 . DirectX 11.0
Intel Core i7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
4.0.04B1. CUDA 64
Email me

#5 stusutcliffe

stusutcliffe

Novice

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

Thanks! Now I know a "little" bit more in general about Coat,maybe I will be able to configure it a bit neater than I had it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users