3DCoat Forums

What do I wrong, smooth face (after export)? And OBJ Artefacts by export ...

• Advanced Member

Hello dear 3DCoat Users, what do I wrong? I did export my Voxelobject (around 5 Megatries) into the paintroom - for voxelpainting - (100.000 was the resolution for the retopology/painting room, if I set more then 100.000 for retopology/export I risk a crash with an "out of memory" message and so on, even with only 100.000 3DCoat was working around 30-60 Minutes for retopology/painting - My System: 16GB RAM, I7-2600k) but its ok if would be look my output object inklusive textures well in other 3D Applications.

But what should I do against these artefacts (after the export)? U see the distortions at the former symmetrie axes, it looks like small blossoms - you see this on the rib-cage of my 3D human.

And I'm also not happy about the lost details in the face :( - my face is in the voxelroom with nice details. After the fast paintiung test - I did export my object - 4times biger as the original - But its to smooth here - It dooesnt looks like a 1.5 Megs-Polygon-Human.

5 MEGA polygons (Voxelroom) -> 100.000 polygons (Painting/Retopo) -> 1,5 MEGA for the obj Export => the result u see in the picture :(

What do I wrong?

P.s.

Is Modo 601 a good applictaion too, for resculpting/repairing lost details - I'm so unhappy that Silo didnt support big files. I could repair with Silo very easy wrong polygon-artefacts with the smoothbrush and could also do some basic sculptings. But Silo is a 32bit appliction :( so I can not work with too big obj files e.g. from 3DCoat.

P.s.s.

the thread about my wip is here - here you can see more details in the voxelroom.

http://3d-coat.com/f...?showtopic=9647

p.s.s.s.

I wonder me. coz I didnt see any displacement or normalmap after my export?! I used AUTORETOPO/VOXELPAINTING

Today it was a lost day for me hmmmppp ... plz show me what I did wrong --- thnkz

Edit: This File I could opening with Silo. Hmmmm. This are not artefacts, 3DCoat did build holes to the exportet OBJ Mesh

post-6985-0-99352900-1334514413_thumb.jp

post-6985-0-15795800-1334516509_thumb.jp

You can ask questions like this in the regular "3D-Coat" section of the forum - no need for posting in "Off-Topic", because it is "On-Topic".

You've got a lot of things going on, so understanding what it is you are doing and what it is you are trying to accomplish is difficult.

It would be best if you could produce a short video showing your processes. You can use "Jing" and a free "Screencast" account to do this.

Greg Smith