3DCoat Forums

Nice "wet/slime - paintroomview" in 3DCoat, want the same result in C4D?! What the best material-settings (render/light) there?

• Advanced Member

Hello guys,

I have a nice painting texture, it looks really pretty on the paintroom. Very slimy/wet with nice textures. But in Cinema 4d the colors are okay, but the nice slime/wet reflections are not so good.

Can someone plz help me, what are the best c4d setiings, for the 'same' nice result like in 3D Coat?

I mind also, that "glanzlicht/glanzfarbe" is the specular.

question.jpg

Hi!

I am not entirely familiar with C4D, it looks like you have the spec map applied and strength of the map on. Maybe it's simply an OGL thing? Are there options for spec in the viewport? Does it show up at render time?

• Advanced Member

One thing to know in C4D is when you use a specular map you have to go to the specular tab(glanzlicht in your case) on you shader and set the specular mode to coloured, or else Cinema4D will igonore specular map entirely.

The standart specular setting of every shader is plastic, which ignores specular maps from the specular color tab.