3DCoat Forums

View Flip on Merge

ekunzendorf

This is an oddity, and it may be user error, but when I merge an object into the Voxel Room, the camera view flips upside down. I fix it by hitting the default view button above, but it is a bit disconcerting. Is there a setting to prevent that, or should I just live with it. I created the obj in Maya, if that helps.

Excelsior!

Eric Kunzendorf

Jacksonville University

• Reputable Contributor

This is an oddity, and it may be user error, but when I merge an object into the Voxel Room, the camera view flips upside down. I fix it by hitting the default view button above, but it is a bit disconcerting. Is there a setting to prevent that, or should I just live with it. I created the obj in Maya, if that helps.

Excelsior!

Eric Kunzendorf

Jacksonville University

You might first try changing under the camera menu(upper right) and select Maya naviagation. If this would fix the problem or not I do not know. I do not have Maya on my computer. You can download Wings3D (free) and load the obj in there to see if it is flipped in Wings3D. Obj models from Wings3D load correctly into 3DCoat. That way you would know that Maya is flipping the cordinates in the export... Anyway I hope this is somewhat helpful.

http://www.wings3d.com/

Also did you change the default Y is up in Maya to Z is up?

Hi digman,

Thanks for replying! Changing the Navigation setting to Maya navigation seems to have done the trick. I think the weird part is that I don't remember doing that for 3.5.x; but I may have. Also, I just deleted preferences to get my interface back to the default, so I thought that might have been it. It was weird also because the object itself wasn't flipped at all, it just flipped the view. Clicking the reset camera (registration mark looking thing in the navigation bar) fixed it right up. But alls well that ends well...Thanks again!

Excelsior!

Eric Kunzendorf

Jacksonville University

• 1 year later...

Hi digman,

Thanks for replying! Changing the Navigation setting to Maya navigation seems to have done the trick. I think the weird part is that I don't remember doing that for 3.5.x; but I may have. Also, I just deleted preferences to get my interface back to the default, so I thought that might have been it. It was weird also because the object itself wasn't flipped at all, it just flipped the view. Clicking the reset camera (registration mark looking thing in the navigation bar) fixed it right up. But alls well that ends well...Thanks again!

Excelsior!

Eric Kunzendorf

Jacksonville University

I have the same problem but when i try and change navigation nothing happens or changes at all. Please advise if anyone can help. Cheers.