Notice about Feature Requests & Bug Reports

The bug reporting and feature request forums (except for the Urgent Help section) are going away soon! Please use Mantis to report any bugs and feature requests. the link to Mantis is:
3d-coat.com/mantis/

Read more about it HERE.

Photo

3D-Coat 3.7 updates thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1786 replies to this topic

#801 Eric Cosky

Eric Cosky

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

Hi Andrew
If you are currently working on emmisive stuff it would be nice to add a post process glow effect to show it off in the render room

Is emissive stuff really on the roadmap or is this just a hopeful post? This is the first I've heard and it would be fantastic news, but I won't believe it until someone can share a link with more info. I hope it's true!

#802 digman

digman

Expert

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

Is emissive stuff really on the roadmap or is this just a hopeful post? This is the first I've heard and it would be fantastic news, but I won't believe it until someone can share a link with more info. I hope it's true!

Here ya go. It is a few post down from the top plus a link to what the first test looks like in another twitter post...
http://twitter.com/#...!/andrewshpagin

#803 Eric Cosky

Eric Cosky

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

Woohoo!

#804 3DArtist

3DArtist

Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

To add to the list, can the spec map in 3DC be broken up into Spec and Gloss maps as well?

Intel Core i7-3770K
16GB RAM
GeForce GTX 570 2.5GB
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

web: gregcopin.com

#805 manticor

manticor

Novice

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

+1 for gloss
Spectrum 48k (rubber keys ) ,kempston joystick , Panasonic tape deck. Alba black and white T.V

#806 Andrew Shpagin

Andrew Shpagin

3DC creator & admin

• 3D-Coat Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,608 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

Win/Mac/Linux builds updated to 3.7.08B
The only change is fixed Autopo that was not accepting density painting correctly.
3.7.08B expected to be stabe - at least better than 3.7.01B that is in regular downloads because many important bugs fixed there.

Next build (3.7.09) will introduce colored specular and emissive for voxels, ppp and mv.

#807 3dnv

3dnv

• 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

Thank You 4 all your hard work!! :D

#808 digman

digman

Expert

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

Thanks for all your great additions and work on 3DCoat. There are so many ways now of using 3DCoat for creative work. Any plans on the improving the renderer inside 3DCoat in the future.?
No time frame, just curious...

I noticed on the download page that under the "List of Changes" that the last two versions are incorrectly named. 2.7.08B and 2.7.08A

#809 wailingmonkey

wailingmonkey

Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

Next build (3.7.09) will introduce colored specular and emissive for voxels, ppp and mv.

:yahoo:
-portfolio-

Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit | Q6600 2.40 GHZ | 8GB RAM | Nvidia GTX 560ti

#810 Eric Cosky

Eric Cosky

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:38 AM

Thanks so much for bringing these features, I expect to use these all the time and I'm very happy to hear this is coming soon.

A couple questions though: Will it be possible to continue to treat specular as a monochromatic value? Will we be also able to use emissive in a monochromatic mode that multiplies against diffuse (or will it always be a color value)? Some game engines (like ours) packs specular, emissive (as a multiplier of albedo), AO and reflection factors into a single 8888 texture is why I ask; it would be convenient to be able to continue to author specular in monochrome mode and being able to manage the emissive channel in the same way would be helpful.

Thanks again for continuing to make 3D coat even more awesome!

#811 Andrew Shpagin

Andrew Shpagin

3DC creator & admin

• 3D-Coat Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,608 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:41 AM

Thanks so much for bringing these features, I expect to use these all the time and I'm very happy to hear this is coming soon.

A couple questions though: Will it be possible to continue to treat specular as a monochromatic value? Will we be also able to use emissive in a monochromatic mode that multiplies against diffuse (or will it always be a color value)? Some game engines (like ours) packs specular, emissive (as a multiplier of albedo), AO and reflection factors into a single 8888 texture is why I ask; it would be convenient to be able to continue to author specular in monochrome mode and being able to manage the emissive channel in the same way would be helpful.

Thanks again for continuing to make 3D coat even more awesome!

Yes, specular may be treated as monochromatic. Spec color is just additional texture.
Emissive is in general monochromatic channel that highlights specific areas.

#812 cookepuss

cookepuss

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

Is anybody else having trouble with edge highlighting in the OpenGL version? I'm trying to do a UV unwrap and I can't see what edges are being marked. It doesn't happen in the DirectX version. I don't remember having this problem a few updates back.

BTW: My hardware setup is a RadeonHD 5770, Intel i7 980x hex-core, 24GB RAM, & Win7 Pro x64
Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 | Core i7 980 Extreme 6-core @ 3.33GHz | 24GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB

#813 cookepuss

cookepuss

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

Got it solved. Looks like it was a driver issue that ATI just fixed with yesterday's update.

FTR, I actually get far superior OpenGL performance on this card, regardless of drivers. It's the exact opposite situation with my NVIDIA-based systems here, which perform much better with DX.
Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 | Core i7 980 Extreme 6-core @ 3.33GHz | 24GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB

#814 michalis

michalis

Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:40 PM

3.7.08B expected to be stabe

It is!
Keeping it as my basic 3dc build.
Thank you, it passed all my basic tests so far. Remarkable performance in retopo room!
OSX build under Macpro dual xeon 16 threads, Nvidia graphics.
MACOSX,
3DC bug reports here:
http://www.3d-coat.com/mantis

#815 LorenzoS

LorenzoS

Novice

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

Man, this is turning out to be a very sweet app. Great work Andrew.
God is my favorite artist. He created the Heavens and the Earth!

Macbook Pro4,1 - 10.6.8 - 2gb Ram - 512mb VRAM

#816 Andrew Shpagin

Andrew Shpagin

3DC creator & admin

• 3D-Coat Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,608 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

It is!
Keeping it as my basic 3dc build.
Thank you, it passed all my basic tests so far. Remarkable performance in retopo room!
OSX build under Macpro dual xeon 16 threads, Nvidia graphics.

Thanks! Moved it to main downloads especially because in 01B there is bad problem with imprecise scale preserving of imported voxel models.

#817 The Candy-floss Kid

The Candy-floss Kid

Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

Win/Mac/Linux builds updated to 3.7.08B
The only change is fixed Autopo that was not accepting density painting correctly.
3.7.08B expected to be stabe - at least better than 3.7.01B that is in regular downloads because many important bugs fixed there.

Hi Andrew the Pose tool is still very inaccurate across symmetry in the Mac version 3.7.08B. Exactly the same issue as in my original report persists.
Was the fix added to the Mac version?

#818 Andrew Shpagin

Andrew Shpagin

3DC creator & admin

• 3D-Coat Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,608 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:01 AM

Hi Andrew the Pose tool is still very inaccurate across symmetry in the Mac version 3.7.08B. Exactly the same issue as in my original report persists.
Was the fix added to the Mac version?

Probably I missed it. Please point me the link.

#819 The Candy-floss Kid

The Candy-floss Kid

Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:08 AM

Probably I missed it. Please point me the link.

Here it is Andrew

http://vimeo.com/38434511

http://3d-coat.com/f...489

#820 Andrew Shpagin

Andrew Shpagin

3DC creator & admin

• 3D-Coat Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,608 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

Updated to 3.7.09 (win)

- Colored specular and emissive channels introduced in ppp/mv/ptex/voxels. Use new layer blending modes to assign colored specular/emissive to some layers. Pay attention that colored specular and emissive work only for Default shader, so assign it as default and use it to see effect. I will update all shaders after your review of how it works now.
- MV/PTEX got functionality that was previously missing - displacement/color of every volume will be baked into separate paint layer.
- Fixed problem of baking with option "Check groups and volumes correspondence"

Emissive channel is in this implementation monochromatic - it underlines that color on some places emits light. In so way any color may emit even if chanel itself is monochromatic. I think this sort of emissive is very enough, I don't think there should be non-monochromatic emissive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users