Notice about Feature Requests & Bug Reports

The bug reporting and feature request forums (except for the Urgent Help section) are going away soon! Please use Mantis to report any bugs and feature requests. the link to Mantis is:
3d-coat.com/mantis/

Read more about it HERE.

Photo

3D-Coat 3.7 updates thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1786 replies to this topic

#741 BurrMan

BurrMan

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

I have had the same problem for a while in the 3.7.x.x series I just put it down to my machine specs,I get about 10 seconds of white screen on startup
and about 6 seconds wait after selecting a voxel primitive,most annoying.

The only other thing would be vid driver update.. A new driver was also recently released for my card, which got changed in this last week also.... I'm on ver. 295.73

FYI

#742 JimB

JimB

Novice

• PipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:3D work (time permitting)3DCoat,ZB4r6

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

The only other thing would be vid driver update.. A new driver was also recently released for my card, which got changed in this last week also.... I'm on ver. 295.73

FYI

I have been using 295.73 since its release Feb 21st

Btw from the lack of responses it would appear that it does'nt affect Macs.
Amd Quad Core FX-4100 3.6MHz, GTX550 Ti 1GB GDDR5, 8GB DDR3
Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch Small (CTH-461)   
Windows 8.1 Pro , Silo 2.2 ,3D-Coat V4 Pro,  TrueSpace 7
ambassadorgcaliavatar6250.jpg

#743 LetoAtrell

LetoAtrell

• 13 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

I have had the same problem for a while in the 3.7.x.x series I just put it down to my machine specs,I get about 10 seconds of white screen on startup

Same here on MacOS X 10.7.3

#744 The Candy-floss Kid

The Candy-floss Kid

Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:40 AM

JimB, on 07 March 2012 - 06:20 AM, said:

I have been using 295.73 since its release Feb 21st

Btw from the lack of responses it would appear that it does'nt affect Macs.

Some start up flickering has always been part of the Mac release but for no more than about one second I am thankful to report.
But tell me because I am unclear? After the 6 seconds lag on pulling out the voxel primitive does all run smoothly henceforth?

For me the glitchy start up elicits concern , sometimes alarm yet thankfully to date, not harm. It is to user expectation the equivalent of the curtain that pulls back jerkily before the movie starts and for conveying certainty it would be cosmetic but nonetheless pleasing to see it improved.

In a similar vein I would prefer to see a progress bar on operations not a spinning beach ball. Beaches for mac users have become places of trauma where spinning beach balls are psychologically associated with peril , doom and disaster. When 3DCoat goes into to operation and the spinning beach ball starts I grip my seat until the lights come back on and it is safe for the angels to leave my side.

#745 JimB

JimB

Novice

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

As far as I can tell yes.

But tell me because I am unclear? After the 6 seconds lag on pulling out the voxel primitive does all run smoothly henceforth?

#746 JimB

JimB

Novice

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:30 AM

I just sent this crash report :-

I started 3.7.06C(CUDA)(DX64)
I then started Windows task manager to check on processor usage,that is when 3.7.06C(CUDA)(DX64) crashed.

Windows also produced this message box

Attached Thumbnails

• wm.JPG

#747 JimB

JimB

Novice

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

Make sure you launch it as administrator (compatibility option in properties of the executable) and if that doesn't work I suggest you to reinstall your video drivers (or update them if you're not up to speed).

Thanks BeatKitano,
I dealt with the UAC around ten seconds after installing Windows 7 for the first time it is no longer a problem :)
Compatibility tried that makes no difference.
I have been running the latest nVidia drivers (295.73) since thier release 21/02/2012

The only thing I can think of is that the delay is caused by a serial number check?

I seem to remember that there was a file we could delete to help solve problems ..trouble is I cant remember
what it was ... anyone remember?

Thanks

#748 BurrMan

BurrMan

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

I just sent this crash report :-

I started 3.7.06C(CUDA)(DX64)
I then started Windows task manager to check on processor usage,that is when 3.7.06C(CUDA)(DX64) crashed.

Windows also produced this message box

Hey Jim,
Running the same driver as you.... Somethimg for me, but has been around for a bit, is if I put the cursor down to the taskbar (I have autohide on my taskbar set on), and then move the cursor from the taskbar to the 3dc area, my 3dc interface does a hop-skip-andajump... I havnt figured out if it's the "popup/rollover" code from 3dc, or some other tie-in... Anyway, maybe you were launchiing your taskmanager with the right clcik on the taskbar??

#749 moska

moska

Novice

• PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:20 AM

There is no any reason why 3D-Coat should not support Lion :-D Please try this test executable.
http://www.3d-coat.c...D-Coat-10.6.zip
It has been compiled against the latest SDK. But frankly speaking I think that the reason is within another video driver,
which, most probably, was also updated during system update.
Maybe it doesn't support big textures like 8K and above? Have you tried 4K, 2K?
What exactly do you see during import for PPP: crash, flickerings. hang over?

hi Sergy
dont understand this build number,its 10.6(snow)shouldnt be 10.7?whats diferent from last build?
-during PPP import the program stop work ,dont present window for import settings and i quit
ill try this build in lion later
thanks

#750 Gravin

Gravin

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

In a similar vein I would prefer to see a progress bar on operations not a spinning beach ball. Beaches for mac users have become places of trauma where spinning beach balls are psychologically associated with peril , doom and disaster. When 3DCoat goes into to operation and the spinning beach ball starts I grip my seat until the lights come back on and it is safe for the angels to leave my side.

I have to agree with this, a progress bar would be nice for those operations in 3dcoat that cause the program to become unresponsive until completion. I'm using Windows so there isn't even a spinning beach ball, just a blind wait until the number crunching is done.
  • Zeddicus likes this

#751 bisenberger

bisenberger

Novice

• PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:06 AM

Thanks BeatKitano,
I dealt with the UAC around ten seconds after installing Windows 7 for the first time it is no longer a problem :)
Compatibility tried that makes no difference.
I have been running the latest nVidia drivers (295.73) since thier release 21/02/2012

The only thing I can think of is that the delay is caused by a serial number check?

I seem to remember that there was a file we could delete to help solve problems ..trouble is I cant remember
what it was ... anyone remember?

Thanks

Was it "Options.xml" in the "Documents/3D-CoatV3" folder?
GeoForce GTX 460, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

#752 JimB

JimB

Novice

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:37 AM

Was it "Options.xml" in the "Documents/3D-CoatV3" folder?

I dont know , I deleted it but I did'nt notice any difference.
Thanks

#753 Andrew Shpagin

Andrew Shpagin

3DC creator & admin

• 3D-Coat Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,602 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

Updated to 3.7.07 (win)

- Voxel LC tools may be duplicated by RMB click. You may customize new tool in own way and share new brush. In so way you may create for example variation of GeneralBrush and store/share it.
- much faster initial loading
- Sketch tool got improvement. Now it is possible to assign images as top and bottom stencils and set tapering angle (positive and negative). Examples - http://bit.ly/xv0491 http://bit.ly/yTHhh9 . It works as advanced loft tool that may join contours of different topology.
- fixed several UI glitches.
- fixed problem http://3d-coat.com/m...hp?id=486#c1396

#754 JimB

JimB

Novice

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

Ah.. much much faster startup :)
Thank you

#755 Andrew Shpagin

Andrew Shpagin

3DC creator & admin

• 3D-Coat Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,602 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

Also removeclay does indeed removeclay:

I also got a crash (but no report form !) after trying to delete a liveclay brush I just duplicated.

I found and fixed crash. But I can't reproduce smoothing problem.
Removelay is still not ready, I forgot to exclude it. It is intended for global removal of details, will work like hypersmoorh to get clean smoothed surface even if there was many details and even holes.

#756 SERGYI

SERGYI

Developer

• 3D-Coat Developer
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

whats diferent from last build?
during PPP import the program stop work

The difference is that regular builds are compiled against older SDK 10.5, because there were some requests to include Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard support. When you click File/Import/Model for per pixel painting do you see file selection dialog? Does 3D-Coat stop responding after selecting model file and closing file dialog?

#757 Zeddicus

Zeddicus

Novice

• PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

I docked my UV preview window on the left and noticed while clicking on UV islands that my clicks were going through the window and onto the mesh behind it. This results in marking seams you don't want marked, often without realizing it's happened. Doesn't seem to be an issue with Add clusters and Edge loops modes, just Mark seams.

Also is there a way to keep 3D Coat from destroying my smoothing groups? I bought a mesh over in OBJ format so I could do the UV's and discovered after finishing and exporting back to the originating app that my smoothing groups were gone. I asked about this in the new user area but never got an answer. They were time consuming to set up in the first place, and took just as long to redo them. On top of that I may need to send my mesh back to 3D Coat for more UV work. If there is something I'm missing or some trick to it, please let me know.

4.1.12 x64 DX CUDA || Windows 7 SP1 x64 || Nvidia GTX670 v331.65 || Intel 3770K @ 4.5 GHz || 16 GB DDR3-1600 || SpaceMouse Pro v10 Beta 16 || Intuos4 v6.3.7-6

#758 moska

moska

Novice

• PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

@Sergy
using last build(6b)in lion:it allows to chose mesh in window and then stops (now it flickers)so no new window for import settings.
note:it allows PPP import through the launch window.

your build 10.6 dont work at all in snow or lion
-it shows a crazy frozen window with items from 3dcoat interface and or desktop or whatever.does it work for you?how can it be?
cheers

#759 BurrMan

BurrMan

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:58 AM

What should happen is that a second list should show next to the first, when the first list reaches the boundary of the Viewport.

Or a means to have a persistent dialogue. Like a modifier key click. With possibly a higher power of management tools and buttons avaiable. Like an "advanced" one.

#760 Andrew Shpagin

Andrew Shpagin

3DC creator & admin

• 3D-Coat Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,602 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:10 AM

I docked my UV preview window on the left and noticed while clicking on UV islands that my clicks were going through the window and onto the mesh behind it. This results in marking seams you don't want marked, often without realizing it's happened. Doesn't seem to be an issue with Add clusters and Edge loops modes, just Mark seams.

I agree. Very annoying problem. Same thing happens when you click the Retopo menu...the dropdown list is so long that when you choose an option that is over an object or UV island, it will select through the menu.

Can't reproduce any of that problems even if tried a lot. Maybe short video will help a lot.

Also is there a way to keep 3D Coat from destroying my smoothing groups? I bought a mesh over in OBJ format so I could do the UV's and discovered after finishing and exporting back to the originating app that my smoothing groups were gone. I asked about this in the new user area but never got an answer. They were time consuming to set up in the first place, and took just as long to redo them. On top of that I may need to send my mesh back to 3D Coat for more UV work. If there is something I'm missing or some trick to it, please let me know.

If you exporting from some 3D package you should export OBJ file with normal. 3DC uses normals to detect smoothing groups.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users