3DCoat Forums

Retopo Room Improvements.

Phizter

Transform gizmo.

The transform gizmo in retopo room currently starts up aligned to global space as default. This makes no sense as you would want it to be aligned to either local or screen space more than 99% of the time when working in retopo. In general I think the way transform Gizmos are handeled in 3D-Coat need an ovehaul. The transform gizmos should have 3 settings that the user can toggle between: Global, Local, and Screen.

Building Quads across Retopo groups.

I cant figure out how to build quads in one group that snaps to vertexes of an other group. If this is not already possible, I think should be.

Inconsistent rules for manipulating non active retopo-groups.

I find it inconsistent that you can delete polygons of retopo-groups that are not selected but you cannot select vertexes of non active retopo-groups. I think That it should not be possible to manipulate, create or delete geometry of a Retopo-group unless it is active. Which brings me to my next feature request.

Working in more than one Retopo-group at the time.

It should be possible to activate more than one Retopo group at the same time. This would come in handy when the user wants to use the brush tool on areas that are split in to separate groups.

Retopo group colours.

Next to the eye icon in the list of retopo-groups there should be a square with the same colour as the retopo mesh in that group. It should be possible to click that square and get the colour picker so the user can change that colour of the individual Retopo groups.

Currently the colour on the mesh in retopo room is not related to retopo-groups but to UVW sets. I think It would be nice to have Colours for both Retopo-Groups and UVW sets. I Imagine that when you work on the actual retopo-mesh the retopo group colours are shown and when you work on UVW layout the UVW colours are shown. This last suggestion here is not fully thought through though.

Also it would be great if one could Alt/click on a polygon to select the retopo-group that polygon is belonging to. The specific key to use here does not necessarily have to be Alt, it could be any key really. And since this functionality would be nice to have inside the inside voxel room as well, It would make sense to chose a key that is not conflicting with keys already used for something else. I think it is important that the key used to select layers and groups is always the same throughout all the rooms in 3D-Coat.