Notice about Feature Requests & Bug Reports

The bug reporting and feature request forums (except for the Urgent Help section) are going away soon! Please use Mantis to report any bugs and feature requests. the link to Mantis is:
3d-coat.com/mantis/

Read more about it HERE.

Photo

Short Video Clip: Life Changer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 parel

parel

Novice

• PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:04 AM

I used a little 3d here. Purchased model textured in 3dcoat and rendered in Modo. Video made in After Effects and Premiere.
Crits welcome.

#2 AbnRanger

AbnRanger

Master

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:52 AM

Pretty cool concept initially, just hard to determine what the message is. Is it a Pro Life message? It seems to start out that way, then it turns to a message about sins. I think I would leave out everything after the text "Jesus" is shown. It seems to take a different turn and it's hard to see the connection or exactly what it is you are trying to communicate. Just my opinion.

#3 parel

parel

Novice

• PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:06 PM

Hmmm...Maybe I can pick some clearer verses and clarify the intent. You are right- it is pro-life and perhaps the message is muddled. Might have to clarify. Thanks AbnRanger.

#4 parel

parel

Novice

• PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:36 PM

AbnRanger- Thanks for the comments. I am working on an update based on what you said- which really help the tone a lot. I am trying to tighten the timing and framing.
Will post as soon as I am done :)

#5 parel

parel

Novice

• PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:17 PM

Thanks for the help.

#6 AbnRanger

AbnRanger

Master

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:57 AM

Nice work. It gets the message across...and the best part is, for all the work done on mega films and games, when the project is done, it's done. There really is no lasting impact. It's just a ton of work to turn a buck and entertain folks for a brief moment. But a simple little video such as this can compel that young girl, whose world is upside down...to give the child a chance to live. That has more lasting effect than all the blockbuster movies ever made. Think about that for a minute.

I have a friend whose mother was a victim of rape years before he was ever conceived, yet decided to deliver the baby anyway, and then offer him up for adoption. Years later, that same child (whom the world wouldn't deem fit to have been born) found his biological mother and thanked her for letting him live. He's a successful business man with a beautiful wife and kids. If she had gotten her "guidance" from Planned Parenthood (what an oxymoron if ever there were one?), no doubt that man and his kids would not exist today.

One last suggestion, if I may. A small scripture reference, for the passage at the end of the video, would help I think. Again, good work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users