3DCoat Forums

Regarding Wacom

Andrew Shpagin

Our customer Phizter recently got extensive description from Wacom how to solve most common problems with drivers.

The first thing we need is for you to complete a full reinstall as an Admin user.

Please follow the directions below:

• Unplug the tablet from the computer.

• Uninstall the driver from the PROGRAMS AND FEATURES (respectively ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS) section of the Control Panel

• Reboot your system

• Remove any remaining Wacom entries from device manager

• Remove the following files from your system:

• • “tablet.dat “ and “pen_tablet.dat” from all over the hard disk (search as administrator)

• • “wintab*.*” from WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 (and on XP64 in SYSWOW64)

• Reboot your system

• Your tablet driver is now completely removed from the system.

• To install the tablet again, plug in the tablet again and install the latest driver for your tablet (from http://www.wacom.eu/...=en&pid=29&gm=3).

After the reinstall, please check if

A. the driver starts all the time

B. the preferences are stored / used after each restart

• Contributor

I did that a few weeks ago after a crash in 3dc resulting a data corruption of tablet settings, and it actually worked (I'm sorry I couldn't send this bug to you Andrew my computer jsut froze and nothing was left in the event manager). And now I don't have that pression issue anymore. They also advise to use 6.1.5-3 drivers not latest driver if you happen to use an intuos 3 and have pression/pression detection issues.

Thanks for bringing attention on that matter !

• 1 year later...

This worked for my 3DCONNEXION SPACE NAVIGATOR.

Not Wacom, obviously, but I thought it worth mentioning here as it is somewhat related.

I was having problems with it not working at all with 3DCOAT recently. :(

I basically followed the same procedure Andrew outlines above...

(Completely removed everything related to 3DCONNEXION SPACE NAVIGATOR, then downloaded newest Drivers).

...and it now works. :D

• 10 months later...

I unfortunately have the combination of wacom intuos 4 and 5 plus windows8 pro x64. It works, I'm old hat at working through various wacom issues, but for now, with this combination, you can have pressure sensitivity and an annoying click and drag issue, or you can have no click and drag issue at the cost of pressure sensitivity. Some apps that have Wacom tightly integrated do not have this issue... i.e. ZB/ Photoshop. In many apps click and drag delay is a major issue.

Windows8 Pro native touch/pen input system conflicts with portions of the wacom drivers, so far as I know there is no complete workaround or fix as yet though. I just thought I'd share that tidbit in case there are other Win8 Pro/Wacom users that are frustrated to try and save them slamming their head into a wall. If pressure sensitivity is not that important to you, and the Click and drag delay is driving you insane. Use the wacom configuration utility to change the tip function to emulate a left mouse click. The click and drag delay will vanish, but so too the pressure sensitivity.

I had hoped the issue would be solved by now, but Wacom apparently just can't find a way to make all options work as intended in Win8 Pro, and Microsoft doesn't seem to be doing anything to help the situation.

All issues I have had with Win 8 and Wacom were solved when I unchecked the "Use Windows Ink" check box under the latest Win 8 tablet properties.  I am using an Intuos 5

Capture.jpg

Yep, It works with the latest driver release.. So make sure you have the latest driver first.

• 3 months later...

This worked for my 3DCONNEXION SPACE NAVIGATOR.

Not Wacom, obviously, but I thought it worth mentioning here as it is somewhat related.

I was having problems with it not working at all with 3DCOAT recently. :(

I basically followed the same procedure Andrew outlines above...

(Completely removed everything related to 3DCONNEXION SPACE NAVIGATOR, then downloaded newest Drivers).

...and it now works. :D

My fiance bought that model of mouse, Voxel.  He's told me I should give it a try.  What do you feel the pro's and con's are of using the 3D mouse when sculpting?

Okay, so I'm using my fiance's little SpaceNavigator model.  It is taking a *little* time to get used to it, but it is a lot more fun zooming in on models.  I notice that for working in a single area, I do still prefer my Wacom tablet. But for looking over large areas of the model, the 3D mouse is more useful.  We'll see how well this goes!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...
On 7/14/2013 at 1:42 AM, existe said:

All issues I have had with Win 8 and Wacom were solved when I unchecked the "Use Windows Ink" check box under the latest Win 8 tablet properties. I am using an Intuos 5

http://s22.postimg.org/tncxi2175/Capture.jpg

Fantastic. Thank you very much! In many applications I couldn't "left mouse click and drag" with the pencil, but now it works. Working on Windows 11, Intuos3, driver 6.3.15-3