SERGYI

Developer

• 3D-Coat Developer
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:13 PM

moska
Applications > Utilities > Terminal
>cd /Applications/3D-Coat-V3-5 (or any other path where you’ve placed 3D-Coat)
>open 3D-Coat.app

Oh, and I forgot to ask everyone: does the Wacom tablets work in 3D-Coat 64-bit?

#22 michalis

michalis

Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:31 PM

Hi SERGYI
Excellent work in any case

1. ctrl-cmd as in 32 bit 3dc
2. A jpg B&W same resolution as screen (OK solved, 3DC likes RGB for background, B&W was the problem)
3. Moska, drag and drop from finder to terminal window the app (the real exe app). right click on 3dc icon / show package contains - see attachment
4. 3dcoat 32 bit never crashed OSX here. I have to see OSX crashing many years.

(dual nehalem xeon, 12 gb ram, nvidia, (cuda drivers installed - testing new blender cycles engine)
Orthographic projection is another issue. Especially under retopo room

Attached Thumbnails

• 3dc.jpg

MACOSX,
3DC bug reports here:
http://www.3d-coat.com/mantis

#23 moska

moska

Novice

• PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:25 PM

hi
didnt open trough terminal thi time
opens sometimes normally
thanks anyway
its not usable for me as is

#24 pavig

pavig

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:42 AM

UV Unwrap of models with previously marked seams is not working correctly. The unwrapping code seems to be ignoring some seams. I will test further and see if I can get a repro.

#25 ifxs

ifxs

Novice

• PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:14 AM

@Sergyi
if the CMD key must duplicate a function key, I'd vote for CTRL.
8x cores XEON
16+gig RAM
OSX / Linux / (and reluctantly sometimes Windows)

#26 michalis

michalis

Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:08 AM

Oh, and I forgot to ask everyone: does the Wacom tablets work in 3D-Coat 64-bit?

It works fine for me.
We don't have to vote for cmd key. It should be as in the 32 bit build.

Macs have ctrl key alright, all 3d apps I know are using this.
MACOSX,
3DC bug reports here:

#27 robotbob

robotbob

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:12 PM

thanks for the 64 bit update. sadly i wont be able to do any real work with it for a few more days at least, however i did streak through to check the wacom tablet ( as that was mentioned ) and for a 2 minute test, it worked well. thanks again for this update
mac 10.6.6 | 2 x 2.26 GHz quad core Xeon | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 | http://www.bitstate.com/

#28 michalis

michalis

Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:02 PM

Just a question, should we use mantis bug reporting for this?

I did some serious sculpting work meanwhile, I managed this cmd issue anyway.
Up to millions of faces, what a difference. Though, practically speaking, performance was slightly better than the 32 bit. It's the method wrong, you can't work to millions of voxels, you don't have to. Detailed sculpting, after retopo, please!
MACOSX,
3DC bug reports here:

#29 ifxs

ifxs

Novice

• PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:09 AM

so far, no major "out of the ordinary" crashes. I'm really enjoying the speed of this build. And a ton of the Ui graphical bugs I still get with the 32bit builds are gone in this 64bit build
8x cores XEON
16+gig RAM

#30 michalis

michalis

Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

I'm really enjoying the speed of this build. And a ton of the Ui graphical bugs I still get with the 32bit builds are gone in this 64bit build

Me too, up to 10M and performance is great (voxels mode only)

Still the same old bugs though, orthographic projection gives an empty screen!, renderer still renders shaded non active layers (you have to turn it off first) , color picker when trying to setup a third render light hangs 3dc, trying to retopo at 8k hangs 3dc... who knows what else. All these deleted-fixed from mantis, now they're back. Nice.

One tip, when 3dc 64bit hangs, DON"T open activity monitor! It will probably crash OSX. Just force quit the app (right click on dock icon)

Here a 10M try, though it started in sculptris. A way to have some idea what we can do when UC will be implemented. Of course, tools behavior in sculpris (and zbrush) are much superior to the 3dc toolset (who listens, who can understand this?). I'm not alone on this.

Posted Image
MACOSX,
3DC bug reports here:

#31 ifxs

ifxs

Novice

• PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:43 PM

its starting to seem that this 64bit build doesn't include some of the recent OSX fixes performed in the last few builds, I cant repeat the issues often enough, but If can later, I'll report them. I'm still constantly impressed with the speed gain

ATI RADEON 5770, 16+gigs RAM, 8-core 2.8xeon

now if only STRONG consideration would be given to OpenCL support, then I might not have to buy Mari (immediately ;-)) when the OSX version(of Mari) is released ;-)
8x cores XEON
16+gig RAM

#32 moska

moska

Novice

• PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:05 PM

hi Sergyi
now i have a 3D-Coat-V3 folder(the 32b)and a 3D-Coat-V3-5 folder (the 64b)in Applications.
i was thinking about uninstaling and instal again 3DCoat,well may be both versions
is it just drag the aplication folder on trash?
and moving user data before that
but what about the 3DCoat folder in the User?
and other things and places like libraries prefs .xml?
because i would like to use next 64b beta (with cmd/ctrl fixed)
and as i told this beta is not opening most of the time,and i wonder why?
may be is the beta itself but others use it
or its my system or instalation somehow corrupted?
thanks for your help and advise

#33 michalis

michalis

Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:46 AM

@moska

I noticed that both apps are sharing the user's data 3dcfolder, but as I had some shaders in 3dc 32 bit (applications) from the past, I can't access them running 64 bit 3dc.
Meaning that the 32 bit and 64 bit apps don't conflict. I think so...
MACOSX,
3DC bug reports here:

#34 BeatKitano

BeatKitano

Expert

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:57 PM

its starting to seem that this 64bit build doesn't include some of the recent OSX fixes performed in the last few builds, I cant repeat the issues often enough, but If can later, I'll report them. I'm still constantly impressed with the speed gain

now if only STRONG consideration would be given to OpenCL support, then I might not have to buy Mari (immediately ;-)) when the OSX version(of Mari) is released ;-)

You should have gone the green path, opencl on ati is a joke... You can buy mari if you want, it's useless without a pro card anyway...

#35 AbnRanger

AbnRanger

Expert

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

OpenCL support does not mean your ATI card will work with it. NVidia right now is the only card supporting both CUDA and OpenCL. ATI still hasn't gotten their act together in that regard. They are too busy selling gaming cards to...gamers. They could care less about CG content creation. That's just the reality of it. VRay 2 for 3ds Max utilizes OpenCL for it's RT (IPR) renderer, and there is still no ATI support. Works great on NVidia cards.

#36 michalis

michalis

Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:09 PM

Nvidia is the only choice for the moment, I agree.
+1 abn, BeatKitano
MACOSX,
3DC bug reports here:

#37 LorenzoS

LorenzoS

Novice

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:43 PM

Thanks for the 64bit build Andrew. Testing now.
God is my favorite artist. He created the Heavens and the Earth!

Macbook Pro4,1 - 10.6.8 - 2gb Ram - 512mb VRAM

#38 jwiede

jwiede

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:26 PM

First off, thanks again for 64-bit beta! Are either a 32-bit or 64-bit version of 3.5.20 for OSX expected anytime soon?
John W.
MacPro(2x2P/10.7.2),12GB,ATI HD X4870
"Who are you supposed to be? 'Topper Bottoms', the stern-yet-sensual skipper of the U.S.S. Rough Service?"

#39 ifxs

ifxs

Novice

• PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:20 AM

Is the plan to discontinue the 32-bit beta builds of 3DC for OSX? After using the 64bit version now for a while, I'd prefer not to use the 32bit build any longer(except for occasions that cause major crashes in the 64bit build, till they're fixed).

As an aside, the ATI SDK for OpenCL came out some time ago. I personally prefer NVidia cards, I just happen to have an ATi card in the Mac that I do my 3DC work on. There are a number of external render engines & high-end compositing apps that support ATI cards for OpenCL acceleration, Eyeon Fusion, Octane Render, Luxrender, Indigo Render, and the list goes on. CUDA is great, just VERY proprietary IMO.

has anyone in this thread seen/tested an Ati FirePro V8800, pretty darn decent competition with even a NVidia Qudro FX in SOME cases(if not many ;-).
8x cores XEON
16+gig RAM

#40 michalis

michalis

Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

As ifxs I also prefer to work on the 64 bit. I almost forgot the ctrl cmd issue. LOL
No need to continue the 32 bit version for mac users.
MACOSX,
3DC bug reports here:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users