Notice about Feature Requests & Bug Reports

The bug reporting and feature request forums (except for the Urgent Help section) are going away soon! Please use Mantis to report any bugs and feature requests. the link to Mantis is:
3d-coat.com/mantis/

Read more about it HERE.

Photo

Mudbox AppLink

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 haikalle

haikalle

Journeymen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

Hi DreamboxDigital! 

I haven't updated the script for long time. Are you saying that the plugin dosen't work with mudbox 2015?? If this is the case I can take a look what's wrong.

Also if you have good ideas how to improve the plugin, I'm open for it. But my time right is limited so I can't promise anything thou :)

Edited by haikalle, 15 July 2014 - 01:48 PM.

#42 DreamboxDigital

DreamboxDigital

• 7 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:45 AM

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Well, Mudbox 2015 gives an error on startup after placing your script in the /plugins directory, so maybe it needs recompiled for 2015?

Mudbox::LoadPlugins: Failed to load the following plugin(s):

C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Mudbox 2015/plugins/ApplinkBeta.mp

This is with the attachment that you posted, and also the installer file from the main Applinks page: same result.

Transferring polygons (on layers) between the two apps is all I personally need for conceptual 3d work, though I suppose preserving mudbox/3dc paint layers and UV channels would be desired if I was doing more painting: your plugin may already do this flawlessly, but I have used it for quick geometry transfers/retopology between the two programs.  UV work in 3d-coat makes perfect sense after quick retopology.  The option to paint in either app can be a personal choice so long as data is not lost in the transfer.  My feature requests are more on the geometry/UV side of things, as I would use Mudbox to paint with.

Many thanks for all you've done with it!  Let me know if I can help test or anything.

#43 haikalle

haikalle

Journeymen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

Here is recompiled version for Mudbox 2015. No added features, not yet at least ;)

Attached File  ApplinkCore.rar   26.27KB   2 downloads

• DreamboxDigital and carlosan like this

#44 DreamboxDigital

DreamboxDigital

• 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:00 AM

Ohh, many thanks!  I downloaded and will test tonight or tomorrow... will let you know how it goes!  Thanks again :)

Edited by DreamboxDigital, 28 July 2014 - 04:00 AM.

#45 DreamboxDigital

DreamboxDigital

• 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

Sorry, crushed by work - it's looking like a weekend thing to try it... just wanted you to know!  Thank you.

#46 AbnRanger

AbnRanger

Expert

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

Suddenly, this Applink seems pretty important to me. Going to try to switch to using Mudbox and 3ds Max for most of my asset creation > Texturing work. I'm just totally exhasperated with 3D Coat's Merging to the Paint Room baking. Sometimes it works pretty good, and other times it wants to fight. I don't need more stress added to my work day. But there are some areas of the app that I can still use, such as the UV tools, and maybe the Texture Painting, but getting texture maps to Mudbox is a real pain in the bum...using this applink. It requires a lot of workarounds because of the naming conventions used in both apps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users