Notice about Feature Requests & Bug Reports

The bug reporting and feature request forums (except for the Urgent Help section) are going away soon! Please use Mantis to report any bugs and feature requests. the link to Mantis is:
3d-coat.com/mantis/

Read more about it HERE.

Photo

Mac. upgraded version with INSTANCING??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 themacguy

themacguy

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Mac computers, Software Training, Graphics, Photoshop, Animation, StarTrek, Sci-Fi books, DVD's, Lots of Music (all sorts), Ethnic cuisine.

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:38 PM

This INSTANCING tool looks marvelous! I will bet that it saves a LOT of system-resources (eg. RAM) to have ONE model, and a "zillion" instances, instead of a "zillion" separate (but identically shaped) models in the same scene!

Now.. (imitating CLINT EASTWOOD's snarl, in DIRTY HARRY... ;-) "WHERE IS THE MACINTOSH VERSION OF THIS??? ;0/ Please advise! :-)

I'm hoping the next Mac version of 3D-Coat has some major "bug-fixes" as well (first!!) :-)
--still having trouble with program stability, especially when using the "Primitive" tool!!

#2 The Candy-floss Kid

The Candy-floss Kid

Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:54 PM

This INSTANCING tool looks marvelous! I will bet that it saves a LOT of system-resources (eg. RAM) to have ONE model, and a "zillion" instances, instead of a "zillion" separate (but identically shaped) models in the same scene!

Now.. (imitating CLINT EASTWOOD's snarl, in DIRTY HARRY... ;-) "WHERE IS THE MACINTOSH VERSION OF THIS??? ;0/ Please advise! :-)

I'm hoping the next Mac version of 3D-Coat has some major "bug-fixes" as well (first!!) :-)
--still having trouble with program stability, especially when using the "Primitive" tool!!

If you go to your application toolbar> Help > Check For Updates, that should tell you if you're using the latest version.

The most stable/ solid version for the Mac in my opinion is 3.2.01 , doing as much as you can in that before proceeding to the latest version for required features may help your work flow for the time being. 3.5 and multi rez just seemed to choke ,hang or crash my mac so often that I went back for core stability.

I'd be interested to hear from other Mac users on the latest build however.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users