Notice about Feature Requests & Bug Reports

The bug reporting and feature request forums (except for the Urgent Help section) are going away soon! Please use Mantis to report any bugs and feature requests. the link to Mantis is:
3d-coat.com/mantis/

Read more about it HERE.

Photo

Massive Render Voxel (no retopo)

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 artman

artman

Expert

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts
  • Interests:Henri Corbin
    Brian Wilson
    Hikaru No Go
    Noah23
    and 3DCoat.

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:50 PM

Fantastic pieces!I really like the Cubic ones.
I've set Cubo devoxel 45 dgrs as a wallpaper,its a great image to wake up to. :)
Lest limbs be reddened and rent--I spring the trap that is set--As I loose the snare you may glimpse me there--For surely you shall forget
"The Wind In the Willows", Chapter 7 "The Piper at the Gates Of Dawn"

#22 Francesco Mai

Francesco Mai

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:03 PM

@Artman: Hello my dear "old"friend..I am very happy for this..Great honour for me..In the next weeks I will prepare a lots of new works with 3d coat
with scarification of voxel,so be ready :) Keep in mind that now you see a "small"cube in low resolution but in my hard disk its dimension is 18.000X15.000 pixel..You will need 100 monitors to see it at 100%..(more less 10 in length and 10 in hight).In future it will be fantastic have an exhibition in Kiew with a presentation of Andrew.Only 3d Coat artworks at big size of two meter per one..A dream that comes true.Come on open minded gallery managers and critics,let's shake the flat actual artist situation..

@Michalis I am agree with you dear Michalis..A new Renaissance is coming especially with Digital Art...To be an artist now maybe is enough two layers in Photoshop but when the old school of gallery manager and critics will be sweep away the revolution will begin...It is already begin...

#23 shape shifter

shape shifter

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Animation,canoeing, fishing

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:01 AM

Really cool sculptures i can see these as huge metalic sculptures found in large cities mabey it has something to do with the perspective they are rendered at . There is someting not of this world about these sculptures post more :)

#24 James Thornton

James Thornton

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

I enjoy this workflow, too. Best way to get 3dc meshes into a good rendering app imo. Really amazing works you've done here. Very surreal concepts and great renders.

#25 Francesco Mai

Francesco Mai

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:59 AM

Dear James,thank you very much.Very kind.By the way I am in Bogotá(in Colombia)now for a personal exhibition..For the first time I exhibit
an artworks created in 2009 with an "early"release of 3D Coat and rendered in Cinema 4D.It was very succeed.It is printed on LAMBDA printer machine at large size of 100X74 cm

Attached Thumbnails

• Studi seri voxel 1 SNAPSHOT 1.jpg

#26 Francesco Mai

Francesco Mai

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:49 AM

Ok my dear 3d Coaters...(mmmm strange word but I like it)..Here you are some more images of my artistic research related to the world of Voxel.Same approach of the last ones,modelled in Voxel Room,exported in Zbrush for some beauty treatment with the plugin Decimation Master then render in Cinema 4D at insane resolution...I hope you enjoy them!

Attached Thumbnails

• Half alien bones VERTICAL.jpg
  • Bellissimo esemplare di Voxel ok.jpg
  • Half alien bones in the dester water of Nothing.jpg

#27 Tony Nemo

Tony Nemo

Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:08 PM

Nice work! I especially like the middle one which would make a good civic sculpture. :clapping:

8 core 2.5 Xeon /12 gb RAM DX 64 Cuda / 560GTX-Ti. I always use the latest build.

#28 Francesco Mai

Francesco Mai

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

Thank you Tony Nemo for your kind words...Concerning the suggestion for a civic sculpture you are not the only one that has this idea:) Also a unknown guy called Michalis suggests me :D

Anyway here you are some more...Let me know your thought about them...

Attached Thumbnails

• Ulivosa biomech 1.jpg
  • ulivose z brushate with rusted walls.jpg
  • Ulivosa biomech 2.jpg

#29 michalis

michalis

Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

Great sculpts Francesco. How many poly do you export from voxels?
MACOSX,
3DC bug reports here:
http://www.3d-coat.com/mantis

#30 Tony Nemo

Tony Nemo

Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:19 PM

The union of organic with metallic/hard edge suggests a parallel evolution of a metal based organism or a geological manifestation has eroded away to reveal it's core. Can you imagine casting something like this? Maybe the future will deliver a 3D printer of a scale that would produce a proper size. :good:

8 core 2.5 Xeon /12 gb RAM DX 64 Cuda / 560GTX-Ti. I always use the latest build.

#31 Francesco Mai

Francesco Mai

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:24 PM

@Michalis...Usually in Voxel room I reach 8/16 Millions polygons,export as dense quads,import in ZB and decimated at 80/90% less with Decimation Master plugin as you already know.With GoZ (very useful indeed,maybe it is a plug in for lazy people but is fast and comfortable) I "fly"to Cinema 4D with an obj file of 1 Million polygon more less.It is not very light for "old" GForce gtx 260 but it permits to have some features in sculpting (i.e holes,stripping,cut,booleanes and so on)that is possible reach only with Voxel.Maybe in the future also ZB could have these skills but for some things voxel are irreplaceable.And for me it also VERY FUNNY work with Voxel...
In next weeks I want to try to use normal and displacement maps created in ZB starting from a retopologized sculpture and detailed in ZB.

@Tony Nemo...You are right..Some forms of old alien life,some archetypal base of life...It is my dream obtain a real (big)sculpture from my digital ones..For now the prices is rather high but I am sure that in few years they will drop down,I mean for 3D printing.It will be like the 2D colour printers of 15 years ago..Now with few Euro you can buy excellent products (yes,the inks is still expensive :( ).In the future I will have an exhibition of my works with "traditional"Lambda printings at high dimension,then a professional animation in HD,finally I concrete sculpture from the same digital model,
just to demonstrate to the public the versatility of the digital approach to Art.The future is already began...

#32 Tony Nemo

Tony Nemo

Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:09 AM

@Tony Nemo...You are right..Some forms of old alien life,some archetypal base of life...It is my dream obtain a real (big)sculpture from my digital ones..For now the prices is rather high but I am sure that in few years they will drop down,I mean for 3D printing.It will be like the 2D colour printers of 15 years ago..Now with few Euro you can buy excellent products (yes,the inks is still expensive :( ).In the future I will have an exhibition of my works with "traditional"Lambda printings at high dimension,then a professional animation in HD,finally I concrete sculpture from the same digital model,
just to demonstrate to the public the versatility of the digital approach to Art.The future is already began...

It may be that table sized sculptures that faithfully reproduce the digital will have a market as well. You could sign each one in limited editions.

#33 Francesco Mai

Francesco Mai

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

Maybe I am little off topic but I permit to report that on Christoph Werner's blog I have the honour to be the featured artist of the month,so if have some time and want to have some more information about me please click here

#34 michalis

michalis

Expert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

A straight question Francesco
Do you really like the sculpting tools of 3dcoat? Behavior of the tools is the most important to me.
MACOSX,
3DC bug reports here:
http://www.3d-coat.com/mantis

#35 Francesco Mai

Francesco Mai

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:47 PM

A straight question Francesco
Do you really like the sculpting tools of 3dcoat? Behavior of the tools is the most important to me.

Dear Michalis,
I am always happy when I speak with you...But come to your question...Yes I am really happy when I use 3d Coat's
sculpting tools and now I will explain why..Usually I use only Sphere tool with a different type of "painting",I mean box,circle changing some parameters.Consider also some very little use of Extrude,Grow and Plane..always in Voxel room.

#36 Francesco Mai

Francesco Mai

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:47 PM

Hello,good morning,I want to show to you 3 different rendered images of the same Voxel sculpture.100% modelled in 3D coat followed by a "little" reduction in ZB Decimation Master then rendered in Cinema 4D.Nothing very complex,just some training before a new series of works...Anyway I was always surprised what is possible to reach with the Voxel sculpting...

Attached Thumbnails

• uLIVOSA GOTHICHEGGINATE DUO SNAP 1.jpg
  • uLIVOSA GOTHICHEGGINATE DUO.jpg
  • uLIVOSA GOTHICHEGGINATE DUO SNAP 2.jpg

#37 Francesco Mai

Francesco Mai

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:07 PM

Here you are some more pure voxel experiments..Created in Voxel room and rendered in Cinema 4d.I hope you appreciate them!

Attached Thumbnails

• Ulivosa gothic ruotosa con DISPLACEMENT ON WALL.jpg
  • Ulivosa gothic ruotosa SNAPSHOT 1.jpg

#38 Francesco Mai

Francesco Mai

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:15 AM

Very organic series of voxel sculptures..The freedom of voxel it is incredible...Also this one was
rendered in Cinema 4d after a "little"decimation in Zbrush

Attached Thumbnails

• Studi Ulivosa doppia.jpg

#39 Francesco Mai

Francesco Mai

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:50 PM

Doodles not so doodles entirely created in 3D Coat+a little mesh cleaning with DynaMesh in ZB.Rendering in global illumination in Cinema 4d.Results much better beyond all expectations!I love to see the internal structures of these cut voxels in a so defined manner.In my opinion pure voxel sculpting IS the future for digital sculptures.

Attached Thumbnails

• Depth in voxel 2.jpg
  • Depth in voxel 1.jpg
  • Depth in voxel.jpg
  • Depth in voxel 4.jpg

#40 steelbug

steelbug

• 9 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

Superb work. Fanastic form and look at objects

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users