3DCoat Forums

Hard Surface Modeling

Mike Pauza

All,

Right now I'm just too slow at creating low poly realtime objects with LightWave/xNormal/Photoshop.

The hard surface spaceship modeling video "Rich Primitives" is quite impressive, but are there step by step tutorials that shows how to do this?

Also, would it be quick to retopo, UV, and paint a low poly version of "that" in 3DCoat?

Thanks. -Mike

• 5 months later...
  • Advanced Member

I too am interested in using 3DCoat to model hard surfaces, especially automotive designs... I do have the 3DCoat DVD on modeling hard surfaces but would prefer something with a more automotive slant.... Any ideas?

Cheers

• Contributor

Kenmo-

Cars are somewhat difficult to model in 3d-Coat at this time.Of course it can be done ,but Coat needs more precise controls over the voxel surface in order to manipulate shapes.Some proposals have been made in hopes to improve the ability to control the manipulation of shapes.This car concept was created primarily using boolean operations and the E-Panel.Hopefully in the future we will have more of a spline based or cage based control set to help with more precise adjustments to the meshes.

post-913-0-93940500-1302699462_thumb.jpg