• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Alco3d

Alco3d

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:04 AM

Few times i try to install Applink for my 3dsmax 2014. I try different version Applink but it doesn't work. When i click on Manual update occur nothing. Can it be, because i have cyrillic letters in the path to Exchange folder? I know some programm (Alias studio, Keyshot) doesn't work for this reason.

Thanks!

#42 nalan520

nalan520

• 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:59 AM

Few times i try to install Applink for my 3dsmax 2014. I try different version Applink but it doesn't work. When i click on Manual update occur nothing. Can it be, because i have cyrillic letters in the path to Exchange folder? I know some programm (Alias studio, Keyshot) doesn't work for this reason.

Thanks!

Yes, it doesn't work for 3dsmax2014.

Keep trying··· ···

#43 carlosan

carlosan

Expert

• Custodian
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,725 posts

• Interests:Character Design, Drawing, Sculpture, Modeling, Texture Paint.

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:24 AM

With the latest BETA19 build my 3ds max AppLink stoped to remember Path and Folder paths between 3ds max sessions. Every time I want to use AppLink I have to setup paths again. Is there a way to fix it on my side?

Update. It looks like AppLink script needs to be updated. There are some text strings which point to 3D-CoatV4 instead of 3D-CoatV45.

if (findString pathtoIO "3D-CoatV4\\Exchange\\")==undefined then (
    a=pathConfig.convertPathToAbsolute "meshes"
    t=(findString a "Documents")+9
    tt=(substring a 1 t)+"3D-CoatV4\\Exchange\\"
    if (doesFileExist tt) then pathtoIO=tt
   )

#44 AbnRanger

AbnRanger

Master

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:54 PM

Just successfully installed it in 3ds Max 2016, so it should be up to date, still

#45 AbnRanger

AbnRanger

Master

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:49 PM

Seems 3D Coat's renaming of the MyDocs/ 3D-CoatV4 directory has made the Applink unusable, now. Probably the case for all the applinks, not just Max. Please fix. I tried to go into the 3ds Max applink.ms file and change the directory name, manually, but for some reason that didn't work.

#46 zFarm

zFarm

• 10 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:33 AM

Hi. I'm new the 3dc but wanted to use my PBR material/tex in max. It there a workflow for that? This is what I have in 3dc and max now. trying mental ray and vray. 

spike_01.jpg

sp_tmprender_01.jpg

#47 AbnRanger

AbnRanger

Master

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:17 AM

The script installs in 3ds Max 2016 ok, but when you begin to try and USE it, the applink is borked. Nothing I tried worked. I even tried to change the filepath in the .ms file, to 3D-CoatV45, but no joy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users