• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 alvordr

alvordr

Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

Already introduced a problem with the latest beta.  If you try to paint without depth over a material, it simply paints color, but not the material.

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T (6-core 3.3 GHz) | 16 Gb RAM | Win 7 64-bit SP 1 | GeForce GTX 550 Ti | Dual Gb LAN | Dual Monitor

#22 AbnRanger

AbnRanger

Expert

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:24 AM

Try and close the app > Restart and see if that doesn't help. Sometimes little glitches like this occur and it helps...but not always.

#23 ren

ren

• 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

If 3DS_AppLink.mzp drag and drop to 3d max 2014, applink don't install. i open mzp file and install script manualy. When i start script in 3d max it don't work and write message: "--Unknown property: "isOpen" in undefined)"

#24 AbnRanger

AbnRanger

Expert

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

It needs to be cleaned up and spelled out clearly. I was able to get it to work, but it takes a lot of trial and error trying to figure which one works and which one has the icons in it for the toolbar, etc. It was/is a hassle...for sure.

#25 ren

ren

• 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:30 AM

To make script 3DS AppLink work in 3d max 2013/2014 you should follow instructions:

Install

Put macro_3DS_AppLink.mcr and folder macro_3DS_AppLink into folder Max_Folder\MacroScripts

Create folder UI\Icons
Put files macro_3DS_AppLink_16i.bmp and macro_3DS_AppLink_24i.bmp into UI\Icons

Put 3DS_AppLink.ms into folder Max_Folder\scripts\Startup

While closing the window an error may occur:  can't write pathtoIO file
You can also delete a piece of code into Max_Folder\scripts\Startup\3DS_AppLink.ms

if (doesFileExist pathtoIO) then (

s=getFilenamePath (getSourceFileName())
   pathtoIOfile=s+"pathtoIO.ini"
   if doesfileExist pathtoIOfile then deleteFile pathtoIOfile

vecbut=[0,0,0]
   if chkStartTimer.checked then vecbut.x=1
   if chkDeleteOld.checked then vecbut.y=1
   if chkNoPrompt.checked then vecbut.z=1
   out_pathtoIOfile = createfile pathtoIOfile
   format "%\n" vecbut to:out_pathtoIOfile
   format "%\n" pathtoIO to:out_pathtoIOfile
   if arr.count>0 then for i in arr do format "%\n" i to:out_pathtoIOfile
   close out_pathtoIOfile
   )

Probably, this fault is caused by denied access. I deleted checkout and now it works.

http://rghost.ru/49132967 - 3d coat v4 applink for 3d max 2013/2014

#26 ren

ren

• 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

3D Coat AppLink only for 3D Max 2014. 2013 - ? because i don't know structure of folders in it.

- icons fixed

- start link fixed

Attached Files

#27 Orzene

Orzene

• 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

I'm currently using 3D Studio Max 2011, and I'm unable to get it to work. I'm having the same issue as Newbie, where I'm forced to manually install the necessary files, and I still received an error.

I'll try to clarify. I'm not familiar with any scripting, especially not MaxScript. Now, I can understand if 2011 is incompatible or whatever. I'll have to make some workflow changes, but that's on me.

Anyway, to make the problem a bit more clear, the exact error text is:

• "--Unknown property: "isOpen" in undefined"

Behind the error window, is the MaxScript editor window, with the, what I'm assuming, is the macro script for the applink. It has this line high-lighted when it pops up:

• "else CreateDialog floatercoatconverter pos: floatercoatconverterpos style: #(#style_titlebar, #style_border, #style_sysmenu, #style_minimizebox)"

Like I said, I'm not familiar with how MaxScript works, maybe that's just the last line that it highlights automatically because that is how the editor works. I don't ever really mess with it unless I KNOW what I need to change per exact instructions.

Anyway, I don't mean to seem ignorant to the process. I'll mess with it and see if there's anything that I messed up myself, and if so, I'll repost and say if anything I did made it work for me.

#28 AbnRanger

AbnRanger

Expert

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:10 AM

3D Coat AppLink only for 3D Max 2014. 2013 - ? because i don't know structure of folders in it.

- icons fixed

- start link fixed

I followed the instructions to the letter and still get Maxscipt errors popping up, when I click on the icon

#29 ren

ren

• 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:34 AM

I followed the instructions to the letter and still get Maxscipt errors popping up, when I click on the icon

I don`t know what is wrong. On the new computer I installed 3D Max 2014 and 3D Coat v4. Copied all from 3DS_AppLink_3DCOAT_to_Max_2014.rar and run 3D Max. Everything works.
For dark theme "macro_3DS_AppLink_16i.bmp" and "macro_3DS_AppLink_24i.bmp" must be copied to "... 3ds Max 2014 \ UI_ln \ IconsDark"

#30 ren

ren

• 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

- I did a little video "how to install 3dcoat applink for 3d max 2014"

Edited by ren, 14 January 2014 - 01:03 PM.

• Javis and carlosan like this

#31 AbnRanger

AbnRanger

Expert

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:02 AM

- I did a little video "how to install 3dcoat applink for 3d max 2014"

Thanks for the update/video. :good:

#32 ScrotieFlapWack

ScrotieFlapWack

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Game Development, 3D Modelling, Sound Design, Technical Art, Coding/Scripting.

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

Hi Guys,

I am having problems installing the App-Link for 3D Coat and 3DS Max 2014. Any help would be great.

Thanks!

#33 kiwiness

kiwiness

• 2 posts
  • Interests:Photography, 3D Modelling in 3DS Max, learning 3D-Coat now :)

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:23 AM

Thanks to the video I was able to install the Applink without any problems, thank you!

I have one question though. When I send off an editable Poly to 3d-Coat work on it and then send it back, it arrives back in 3DS Max as an editable Mesh instead of an editable Poly. Is this usual or do I have to change a setting somewhere?

Thanks.

#34 kiwiness

kiwiness

• 2 posts
  • Interests:Photography, 3D Modelling in 3DS Max, learning 3D-Coat now :)

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

Doesn't anyone have a solution to this problem? It really is buggin me :( I am sure it must only be a setting somewhere which I am overlooking.

#35 alvordr

alvordr

Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:24 AM

Many programs do this.  I can't be sure at the moment, as I don't have time to test, but I believe this could be an import setting in Max.

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T (6-core 3.3 GHz) | 16 Gb RAM | Win 7 64-bit SP 1 | GeForce GTX 550 Ti | Dual Gb LAN | Dual Monitor

#36 ren

ren

• 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

Thanks to the video I was able to install the Applink without any problems, thank you!

I have one question though. When I send off an editable Poly to 3d-Coat work on it and then send it back, it arrives back in 3DS Max as an editable Mesh instead of an editable Poly. Is this usual or do I have to change a setting somewhere?

Thanks.

I think It`s normal for import of 3d max. Import/export mostly working with triangles. I have this problem, but i don`t think what is it realy bug.

#37 grocer

grocer

• 11 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:37 PM

how to get rid of that "function for undefined" with max 2012  ( line "t=(findString a "Documents")+9" ??)

#38 vivi

vivi

Novice

• PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:19 AM

I am glad to present 3D-Max applink written by 1acc (scriptattack.com) from Russia.

All instructions are in readme_eng.txt. Please give your feedback.

attachicon.gif3DS_AppLink (3).zip

sources of the plugin:

attachicon.gif3DS_AppLink_source.rar

Edit: 12 Oct 2010 - updated to release version
Edit: 22 Oct 2010 - updated with several fixes
Edit: 01 Nov 2010 - updated
Edit: 19 Jan 2011 - updated
Edit: 15 Jan 2012 - updated

doesn't work for me. When I click the applink Icon..i get an error "no + function  or undefined" and makes keeps beeping. 

<_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users