Notice about Feature Requests & Bug Reports

The bug reporting and feature request forums (except for the Urgent Help section) are going away soon! Please use Mantis to report any bugs and feature requests. the link to Mantis is:
3d-coat.com/mantis/

Read more about it HERE.

Photo

Mudbox 2011 Subscription looks great !

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gogolo

gogolo

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:25 AM

two movie
http://area.autodesk.com/ibc/movie12
http://area.autodesk.com/ibc/movie13

new pose tool and ptex support looks great,and the rebuild subdiv very useful too.

#2 Grandmaster B

Grandmaster B

Novice

• PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:10 PM

Thanks for posting the advertising...

#3 AbnRanger

AbnRanger

Master

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,152 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:36 AM

I can see one thing for certain that I'm going to have to start using my seat of Mudbox for, and that is the new posing tools. At first I didn't think they were anything different from 3DC's, but this video shows in fact that they are more fully developed. I haven't been able to get any decent posing (for characters anyway) with the Pose tool in 3DC. It takes some real patience and skill to massage something workable. It's good for a number of things, but I can see right now that it's waste of time trying to pose characters, when MB has better developed tools to handle the task.

No worries, though. Each application has their own unique strengths and I'm just going to have to learn to fit MB into the process, at certain points, more often.

#4 SonK

SonK

Novice

• PipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:3DCG!, video games.

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:03 AM

I can see one thing for certain that I'm going to have to start using my seat of Mudbox for, and that is the new posing tools. At first I didn't think they were anything different from 3DC's, but this video shows in fact that they are more fully developed. I haven't been able to get any decent posing (for characters anyway) with the Pose tool in 3DC. It takes some real patience and skill to massage something workable. It's good for a number of things, but I can see right now that it's waste of time trying to pose characters, when MB has better developed tools to handle the task.

No worries, though. Each application has their own unique strengths and I'm just going to have to learn to fit MB into the process, at certain points, more often.

QFA, i bought a copy of Zbrush, but i like the painting tools and posing tools in MB better, so i may drop some money on MB later in the year.
Freelance Character Artist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users