Notice about Feature Requests & Bug Reports

The bug reporting and feature request forums (except for the Urgent Help section) are going away soon! Please use Mantis to report any bugs and feature requests. the link to Mantis is:
3d-coat.com/mantis/

Read more about it HERE.

Photo

Local Resolution in Voxel mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DRAWINGTANK

DRAWINGTANK

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:49 PM

Hello Andrew !

it would be revolutionary if we could Locally " Step UP or DOWN " in Resolution in Voxel mode

adding detail "only" where it's needed

For the biggest attraction in my opinion, 3DC what sets it apart from the competition ( besides your amazing level of interaction with us ),

is Voxels and if this feature is implemented it makes " surface" mode irrelevant in my opinion

But I am very grateful that you started to tackle voxels and make it more useable..so a BIG thank you

bravo :clapping:

Thank you for your time

The Dude :)

#2 ifxs

ifxs

Novice

• PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:12 PM

+1 for localized voxel res. Anything to make the voxel workflow smoother for higher-detail sculpting in 3D Coat is useful IMO
8x cores XEON
16+gig RAM
OSX / Linux / (and reluctantly sometimes Windows)

#3 splodge

splodge

Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:25 AM

I gotta agree. Moving and posing very high poly meshes is really painful at the moment. The new multires feature does help, but it's still very slow and cumbersome.

I'm not sure, but I think Andrew may have hinted at the possibility of Sculptris like tesselation in the future. Check the post below:

http://www.3d-coat.c...indpost&p=44126

;)

But for now I suppose we could just use Sculptris and retopo and paint the models in 3D Coat?.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users