3DCoat Forums

3.1.24 Surface Mode - Use sf.Freeze mask for Pose

3DArtist

• 1 year later...

I absolutely agree.

I too find it a bit confusing that the visual language used by the freeze and the Pose tools is not the same. The terminology and visual feedback here could definitely be more streamlined.

When using the Freeze tool, the freezed part of the model are rendered dark and the non-freezed parts are left bright. When using the pose tool it is opposite. Now the freezed parts of the model are rendered bright and the non-freezed parts are rendered dark. This, I think, is inconsistent and unnecessary. I believe that it is one of those little cosmetic details that makes 3D Coat look more complicated, less intuitive and less user friendly than what it deserves. I suggest that Frozen and non manipulatable parts of a model are always dark whereas unfrozen and manipulatable parts are always bright, regardless of what tool is activated. This, I believe, would make for a more consistent experience.

Currently when going from e.g. the Rapid2 tool too the Pose tool the Freeze settings are being reset and this is also the case the other way around. It would be nice if Areas marked as freezed would stay freezed when going from one tool to another.

Finaly I think it would be great to have a key assigned to Freeze similar to what they have in Zbrush where holding down Ctrl will activate the masking brush. This would definitely speed up workflow.

Best regards

Martin

• Like 1