3DCoat Forums

Painting a mask?

jasonwf

Couldn't find info on this anywhere. Can you paint masks on voxels at all? When using zbrush I use this feature a lot to aid in sculpting. If it's not available is it a feature that is planned? I saw a video where you could paint influence when doing a pose operation, but nothing just for blocking areas for straight sculpting.

thanks

• Advanced Member

Thanks. Hope it's planned for future releases.

Masking on voxels is actually KINDA possible with one tool. (unless you count the screen based masking, but that's not what you, or I, are talking about)

POSE Tool! Supprisingly, or rather, NOT supprisingly, it's WAY MORE than just a pose tool. Change the method to selection by PEN, tick off Airbrush, or on for slower build-up of selection. you can smooth the selection too, and you can subtract from selection. The painted selection is fully 3D too, so it can be complicated to use/understand at times. HOWEVER it's a freakin' NEAT modelling tool!

Check it out.

My point isn't that the functionality that you want is there already, it's that the core functionality is already within 3DC... we just need it to be available for all tools!!! it's not just for being a poser.

• Like 2

Masking on voxels is actually KINDA possible with one tool. (unless you count the screen based masking, but that's not what you, or I, are talking about)

POSE Tool! Supprisingly, or rather, NOT supprisingly, it's WAY MORE than just a pose tool. Change the method to selection by PEN, tick off Airbrush, or on for slower build-up of selection. you can smooth the selection too, and you can subtract from selection. The painted selection is fully 3D too, so it can be complicated to use/understand at times. HOWEVER it's a freakin' NEAT modelling tool!

Check it out.

My point isn't that the functionality that you want is there already, it's that the core functionality is already within 3DC... we just need it to be available for all tools!!! it's not just for being a poser.

Cool thanks, I'll check it out.

• 3 years later...
  • Advanced Member

Check it out.

Thank you Cakeller

http://i.imgur.com/YPt4qZV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/z6qL0jP.jpg