3DCoat Forums

Numerical Units for Masks and Textures

Paint Guy

• Advanced Member

post-920-1247521762_thumb.jpg

Please Add Numerical Indicators for Mask and Texture Scale, Rotation and Position

Would it be possible to add a percentage% in the Mask Preview Options to indicate the mask and texture sizes. (See Image)

Problem - Masks can be scaled but there is no indicator of mask size. This is problematic if you scale a mask (like a brick texture for example) to a specific size and then need to come back and use that same brick scale again.

Solution - What if you could select a mask and there was an numerical indicator in the "Mask Preview Options" (see image) listing the size, rotation or position of a mask or texture. This would allow a person to scale a mask or texture to a particular size then resize the mask or choose another mask and still be able to come back to the original mask and key in the size and not have to worry about it not matching a previously scaled size.

For starters it would even be good to have the ability to have a percentage for the "Scale" to start then this would be very helpful so when I apply a mask I will know the sizes are consistent.

• Advanced Member
Abso-freakin-lutely.

I just wrote this one down the other day on my notepad (for stuff exactly like this) as I was working, thanks for posting this one.

It is MUCH needed.

OK, glad someone else would find this helpful! I wasn't sure if this was already in 3DCoat and I just couldn't find it but apparently not. :)

• 2 years later...

+1 to this idea.

I am painting brick textures across separate but multiple objects that sit next to each other in a scene, I am bringing them into 3D Coat as separate objects and it is a real pain trying to paint them to the same size and scale, has anyone any suggestions?

Thanks,

Andrew.