Notice about Feature Requests & Bug Reports

The bug reporting and feature request forums (except for the Urgent Help section) are going away soon! Please use Mantis to report any bugs and feature requests. the link to Mantis is:
3d-coat.com/mantis/

Read more about it HERE.

Photo

3D-Coat V3 BETA2 for Linux

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#21 vil

vil

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:39 AM

This is awesome news. I did make some tests on my computer and was amazed. I think the performance is better than on windows on my machine...I was able to sculpt this in 3 hours, and do the retopo in about 1.5 hours, than had trouble with right projection(around mouth and ears)into high-poly mesh for texturing and finishing(8 hours or so without being really perfect :) ), texturing took about 1.5 hours,the rest in blender(shaders, hair, light, displacement map baking and corrections)took about 5. Uv was done in blender, after I gave up trying to do it in 3d-coat, I had it within few minutes in blender.
During this process it crashed quite often, but usually during complicated operations, like micro poly projection or some auto uv attempts...overall I am very satisfied, but still have to figure out how to do the conversions better. Also, there were problems with symmetry not being perfect. In voxelsculpt it was quite easy to correct(with symm copy), but I didn't know how to do that in painting/sculpting modes. There were more little buggies, but I believe they are similar to other platforms, so won't write all of them here...

Forgot about another problem, which was rather big - no tablet pressure. I have ubuntu 8.10 which uses some kind of auto confing for wacoms. The pressure works for me in gimp and inkscape, but not in 3d-coat or blender. I'm not sure if this is issue on ubuntu 9.04, since I think they changed something again about this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 SERGYI

SERGYI

Developer

• 3D-Coat Developer
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:57 AM

Thanks for your report! Please download RC3 which has been updated today. If you still will not be able to use eraser and pressure features of the tablet, please post here and attach “Log.txt” file from the 3d-coat root folder. Maybe it will be possible to figure out the problem.

#23 slegrand

slegrand

• 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:48 PM

AWESOME! I will try this as soon as I get home! Thank you!

#24 Javis

Javis

Pilgway Helper

• Custodian
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,434 posts

• Interests:3D, Swimming, Hiking, Motorbiking, Shooting, Archery, Militaria, Green Technology, Sustainability, Ancient History & The Future

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:34 PM

The Linux build is long out of beta, as such this topic is now locked. Please post any questions regarding the Linux build in an existing corresponding thread, or start a new one.

Vimeo|3DC Training Videos|Portfolio

Report any bugs & post feature requests on the 3DC Mantis page: http://3d-coat.com/mantis/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users