Notice about Feature Requests & Bug Reports

The bug reporting and feature request forums (except for the Urgent Help section) are going away soon! Please use Mantis to report any bugs and feature requests. the link to Mantis is:
3d-coat.com/mantis/

Read more about it HERE.

Photo

Unity 3D for windows!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GED

GED

Novice

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:52 AM

I just got an email about this, it looks really cool!

Windows Editor Support
Unity 2.5 adds full support for Windows Vista and XP, with 100% feature parity and interoperability with Mac OS X. The Unity Editor has been rebuilt to look, feel, and function identically on both operating systems, each running the same underlying engine. The best part? Unity on either platform can build games for either platform -- cross-platform in the truest sense.

http://unity3d.com/u...-soon/unity-2.5

I tried a trial of this a while ago and the interface was great and I could make a fps style run around of my 3D models it was really good but only on mac, now its out for windows soon :)

#2 kay_Eva

kay_Eva

Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:39 PM

I just got an email about this, it looks really cool!

Windows Editor Support
Unity 2.5 adds full support for Windows Vista and XP, with 100% feature parity and interoperability with Mac OS X. The Unity Editor has been rebuilt to look, feel, and function identically on both operating systems, each running the same underlying engine. The best part? Unity on either platform can build games for either platform -- cross-platform in the truest sense.

http://unity3d.com/u...-soon/unity-2.5

I tried a trial of this a while ago and the interface was great and I could make a fps style run around of my 3D models it was really good but only on mac, now its out for windows soon :)

yeah it's really nice - kind of expensive too = $2000

if you want the advanced shadows and fully featured webplayer
"Uploading 08O. But problem - no electricity now. Notebook shows 35 min to the end of power, upload - 30. Who will be the first? :)"

#3 lc8b105

lc8b105

Journeymen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:12 AM

Cheaper than Quest3D :)
Real World Lathe with 3D-Coat - sculpting has never been so fun(HD Video Tutorial)
3D-Coat Hotkeys Master - Speed up your workflow, free PDF ebook
Free OS X Style 3D-Coat folder icons
CGDigg: Your daily fresh CG News Discover, share, vote, comment CG News everyday
http://resizeMyBrowser.com

#4 GED

GED

Novice

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:52 PM

yeah I dont see how they can charge $200 for indie which is pretty good just doesnt have fancy bells and whistles, and then almost $2000 for the same thing with a couple of extra shiny graphical features. I should imagine $400 for pro would be more realistic, I think most people who arent a big studio would be fine with indie and using baked lighting and textures to get professional looking results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users