3DCoat Forums

Question on Sculpt to Paint

Gregie

Hey gang, I'm somewhat new to 3D Coat, still testing out the trial but I'm quickly falling in love with it. The one issue that has me stumped is getting an item from Sculpt to the Painting process. 

For instance I can Sculpt then Retopo and Unwrap, but I can't for the life of me get the retopo model and the UV's to show up in the Paint and UV rooms unless I export the object and then import it back for per pixel painting. When I was choosing the option to Autopo from my base sculpt , it then has a choice for Autopo for Per Pixel Painting, which is what I choose. So am I missing something between Retopo and Paint? Only way I currently get amodel in Paint using the start to finish route is when I enable the "show voxels in paint" option or import an already exported obj.

Thank for any help.

• Reputable Contributor

I tested and believe you might have come across a bug... Autopo with Per Pixel should do an automatic seam creation and un-wrapping, then go through the rest of the steps to merge to the paint. The routine is skipping the automatic seam creation an unwrapping to a uv set, instead it is going straight to the baking process.

There is no uv-set with seams model for 3DC to bake.

For now use just the Autopo (top of the list). It will create your retopo mesh or manually create your own.

Use the tools under the UV section (left toolbar) to create your seams and unwrap your mesh to a uv-set.

Under the Bake menu, you can bake your model for Per-Pixel mode to the paint room.

A video to help you get around 3DC's YouTube channel for using the functions of 3D-Coat...A lot of new videos but older ones too. Parts of the interface have changed or or new stuff added...

Edited by digman