3DCoat Forums

Reference mesh invisible after reloading a retopo scene

Tiles

Go to solution Solved by Carlosan,

Not sure if it is a bug with the new Beta, which i have installed today. I never made a retopology before.

I have loaded a reference mesh, have started to do some retopo, and then i have saved the scene. Now i have reopened the scene, and my reference mesh is invisible. All i see is the contour, and the grey background squares, moving slowly from down right to up left.

My guess is that the material linking is missing. Is there a way to reassign a material to the now invisible reference mesh? It's nowhere in the list since i have loaded it as a reference.

EDIT, i can repeat this flaw in the new Beta version. Just tested it from scratch. All is fine until i save and reopen the scene. Then the reference mesh is invisible again. The old version 4.1 of 3D Coat keeps the mesh visible after reloading. So this smells like a bug.

The file is a bit too big to append it here. 250 Mb. Any advice?

post-37735-0-81942700-1429116429_thumb.j

Edited by Tiles

• Reputable Contributor

In the newest Windows Beta16B Andrew said he fixed the bug. I tested it but did not save the file as you did. I will test later today on saving the file...\

Bug Confirmed. Saving the file and reopening, the mesh is displayed incorrectly.

Edited by digman