3DCoat Forums

Trouble With TF2

I'm having trouble using this software. I bought it specifically to create TF2/Dota 2 items however I'm experiencing some trouble doing that. I followed the instructions in the "Making a TF2 Item" video, but nothing came up when I selected "Merge TF2 model as a reference for Voxels" nothing appeared. (And yes Source SDK is installed though I'm not sure if I need a specific version installed.) Can anyone help? 

MAriskaDeville 21 Oct, 2013 @ 6:30pm

Try using the first import option in the retopo room to bring in your model, and select no if asked to snap the mesh. Then in the voxel room use MERGE tool, and select the pick from retopo option.

If you want your model as polys, be sure to set your current layer to surface mode first, and then select the merge without voxelizing option in the merge tool. Also try both with and without skin options in the merge tool.

Before you bring your model in as voxels, use the Res+ option a few times, on the active layer before merging. This will increase the layers density and capture more detail.

Source

I you had got a good result using the version v.11, stick with it until the next release.

The beta 12 release had some troubles with big files, the development team is working in the fix , but we need to wait the beta v.13 release to test again.

Hope this help.