3DCoat Forums

Why do smooth brush not realy work ?

vidi

• Advanced Member

I love 3D coat ,

but I do not like  the smooth brush in the paintroom.
This Tool never works for me constantly , also not a workaround with  another brush  tools ,  but I need a smooth Brush for my texturing

Am I the only one, that disturbs this ?

Also the airbrush tool  should  improve . More spraying feeling  not painting. I use 3D coat in combination with  MangaStudio(aka clip Studio ). The brush feeling is so nicely there , I wish I could it have in 3D coat.

The smooth feature in the paint room is dependant on pixel count as opposed to brush size, so the higher the resolution of your texture the worse it'll work. It's basically worthless on a 4k texture.

To give an example, here's smooth being used with the same brush size and pressure (using a mouse) on a texture across several resolutions. Notice that by 4096 it essentially does nothing:

dsNWMrk.gif

Edited by PolyHertz

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I have just tested mudbox , but nothing there what do the job better as 3D coat for me ... Except the airbrush and the smootbrush in the painttab works  just how I want

if 3d Coat get this brushfeeling it would absolutly perfect for me.