Photo

Blender Applink "Simple3DCoat" (Fork of the official)

blender applink 3dcoatapplink import export

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 mifth

mifth

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:34 PM

The add-on installs ok for me. I change the exchange address, but the drop-down doesn't appear unders SCENE. If I uncheck "Simple" and check "3d-Coat Applink" it shows up. Blender 2.74 / Both Mac & Win8.1 

I moved it into 3dViewport T Panel.

GKj008U.png

#22 3DNut

3DNut

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:02 AM

I am having a problem where if I export an object from Blender to 3D-Coat using Simple3DCoat Applink and the Mesh As Voxel export type, then when it imports it comes in with the last imported object's transform, rotation and scale.

Here is a video explanation of the problem that I am having.

Why is this happening? Where is the info being stored that tells 3D-Coat to import with the last used transform, scale or rotation and more importantly, how do I clear that data so that I can start fresh?

Thanks for your help,

Bryson

#23 mifth

mifth

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:29 PM

I am having a problem where if I export an object from Blender to 3D-Coat using Simple3DCoat Applink and the Mesh As Voxel export type, then when it imports it comes in with the last imported object's transform, rotation and scale.

Here is a video explanation of the problem that I am having.

Why is this happening? Where is the info being stored that tells 3D-Coat to import with the last used transform, scale or rotation and more importantly, how do I clear that data so that I can start fresh?

Thanks for your help,

Bryson

Dunno know. Try to press ResetOrigin in 3dc when you import the model. Or download latest version of 3dc.

Here is my test:

#24 Ballistic_Tension

Ballistic_Tension

• 12 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:17 PM

I am using Blender 2.75a and 3dcoat 4.5.03  I enable the add-on ver. 3.521   does this ver work with 2.75a ? it seams broken on both ends . any help/direction would be helpful .ty

#25 carlosan

carlosan

Expert

• Custodian
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts

• Interests:Character Design, Drawing, Sculpture, Modeling, Texture Paint.

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:23 PM

The addon was moved to Scene Tab

Isnt there anymore ?

#26 Ballistic_Tension

Ballistic_Tension

• 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:19 PM

Yes its there but shorter as in just Export type (DROPDOWN) list and 2 buttons Update and Transfer. All the rest that use to be there is gone as in / apply modifiers,texture path,export type, im thinking I need to set the exchange folder to 4.5.03a ? IN 3DCOAT there use to be a option when the app-link was set in the drop down list under file I think to send it over. As long as I know the app-link works with these 2 versions I will keep at it. Thanks for your time Carlosan 

#27 mifth

mifth

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:24 PM

Yes its there but shorter as in just Export type (DROPDOWN) list and 2 buttons Update and Transfer. All the rest that use to be there is gone as in / apply modifiers,texture path,export type, im thinking I need to set the exchange folder to 4.5.03a ? IN 3DCOAT there use to be a option when the app-link was set in the drop down list under file I think to send it over. As long as I know the app-link works with these 2 versions I will keep at it. Thanks for your time Carlosan 

I think you enabled the official addon. You need to enable Simple3DCoat addon from here https://github.com/m...o_simple_3dcoat

#28 Ballistic_Tension

Ballistic_Tension

• 12 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:02 AM

do I have to sign up at github in order to copy the simple_coat.py   and yes I have the official add-on so I will uncheck it and do this one thanks mifth for your time helping.

#29 Britain

Britain

Novice

• PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Back Packing, Rock Climbing in modified vehicles.

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:45 AM

Using Blender 2.75A , 3DCOAT 4.5.07  Mesh for Auto retopology crashes 3DCoat.

#30 mifth

mifth

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:30 PM

do I have to sign up at github in order to copy the simple_coat.py   and yes I have the official add-on so I will uncheck it and do this one thanks mifth for your time helping.

https://github.com/mifth/mifthtools - you can download zip archive at the right corner. See the big button.

Using Blender 2.75A , 3DCOAT 4.5.07  Mesh for Auto retopology crashes 3DCoat.

Possibly this is 3DCoat issue.

#31 Britain

Britain

Novice

• PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:03 AM

It appears to be pulling up an older Retopology. There also is no option for Hardsurface Retopology. It is referencing and older 3Dcoat version.

#32 mifth

mifth

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:43 PM

It appears to be pulling up an older Retopology. There also is no option for Hardsurface Retopology. It is referencing and older 3Dcoat version.

Should I remove something from the addon or fix it?

If yes, just describe it please more. :)

#33 Ballistic_Tension

Ballistic_Tension

• 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:06 AM

ok I downloaded and unzipped mifthtools  thanks  now in blender I go to addons  from file and go to io_simple_3dcoat  there are 2  _init_.py and simple_coat.py  are both the same I tried both but no go for the add-on.thanks for your time on this.

#34 Britain

Britain

Novice

• PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:48 AM

The app is using an older 3dcoat retopo. The newer 3dcoat has an option for hard surface retopo.

The retopo  either needs to be fixed or removed from the app.

#35 carlosan

carlosan

Expert

• Custodian
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts

• Interests:Character Design, Drawing, Sculpture, Modeling, Texture Paint.

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:19 AM

Is 3DC issue

the 3D-Coat applink addon call the old retopo routine, and crash 3DC too.

Some specifications change on 4.5

#36 mifth

mifth

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:23 PM

@Ballistic_Tension you need to copy the entire forlder "simple_3dcoat". Not a separete py file.

@carlosan @Britain there was changed the specification? Just let me know when i need to remove something. :)

#37 Ballistic_Tension

Ballistic_Tension

• 12 posts

Posted Today, 02:01 AM

Hey mifth ok it works great,  Thanks for all your help and the add-on.    app-link enabled in 3 .. 2...1 ...  :D export object  then BAM :D 

#38 Britain

Britain

Novice

• PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted Today, 03:01 AM

@ mifth  There could be other painting imports ( per pixel painting for one) crashing 3dcoat also. Carlosan  would know more on the changes.

Real cool Miratool and mifthtool thanks for those!

umm per pixel painting started working.....

#39 Ballistic_Tension

Ballistic_Tension

• 12 posts

Posted Today, 03:15 PM

Hey Britain the app link works for me in per pixel painting sometimes I need to hit the Export 2-3 times in blender to get it in 3dc side. I cant transfer any color info/material from blender over to 3DC it says its a UV set name.3DC into Blender works fine the 3 texture maps are named KD=color  KS=spec  and  Bump  . Can you get the color /mat  from blender over to 3dcoat or no? thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blender, applink, 3dcoatapplink, import, export

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users