Notice about Feature Requests & Bug Reports

The bug reporting and feature request forums (except for the Urgent Help section) are going away soon! Please use Mantis to report any bugs and feature requests. the link to Mantis is:
3d-coat.com/mantis/

Read more about it HERE.

Photo

3D-Coat 3.0 ALPHA

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4486 replies to this topic

#4481 akira

akira

Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:29 PM

It doesn't happen with every border, mind. But yeah, I'm running 87(RC) GL64 Cuda-enabled.
And I'm afraid I can post anything else, as this is under strict NDA. All I can say is that it's happened on multiple meshes. The only constant has been that the meshes were exported from Max, and that the textures were 1024x1024 maximum. Overlapping uv-islands are moved outside of the 0-1 space (for bakes).
If this was an internal project I could request to be allowed to send the model to Andrew, but this is a customer's mesh.

You can detach the buggy portion of the mesh and send only that part to Andrew, I don't think anyone would recognize what that is. :)

It's very difficult even for Andrew to solve this mesh specific problem without having a sample to test.

#4482 WillBellJr

WillBellJr

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:18 PM

You shouldn't be on the v8x Alphas any longer - you should be using the 3.00.xx releases from this thread:
http://www.3d-coat.c...?showtopic=2683

I was doing that myself for a while... :blink:

-Will

#4483 Paint Guy

Paint Guy

Novice

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:59 PM

Posted Image

The green area is what I painted, the red area is which wasn't effected. Brush-size doesn't matter, I can actually make it as big as the screen and it'll miss those pixels. This is a pretty big problem, and I've ran into it with every model I've tried so far!

Mighty Pea, It looks like the area is getting painted, but the geometry/mesh has a tear or problem with it. I think what you are seeing is the "shadow" which is the result of the torn mesh and not a paint problem.

#4484 Javis

Javis

Pilgway Helper

• Custodian
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,675 posts

• Interests:3D, Swimming, Hiking, Motorbiking, Shooting, Archery, Militaria, Green Technology, Sustainability, Ancient History & The Future

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:36 PM

You shouldn't be on the v8x Alphas any longer - you should be using the 3.00.xx releases from this thread:
http://www.3d-coat.c...?showtopic=2683

I was doing that myself for a while... :blink:

-Will

Yep yep! What Will said.

You'll find these builds do not have this problem. :)

Vimeo|3DC Training Videos|Portfolio

Report any bugs & post feature requests on the 3DC Mantis page: http://3d-coat.com/mantis/

#4485 Jimstein

Jimstein

• 9 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:38 AM

I could not get the 3.00.05 to working on my machine so I could not confirm if this is still issues in the final but as it is important to me I feel I have to put it out there as perhaps the last bug report on ALPHA-87.

There is a big difference between voxel-merging in geometry from the topology versus directly in from .obj file. The positioning is totally different. Importing geometry in toplogy will regard the pivot point from the model. Mergin in different parts of a model into voxel layers from the topology will place the geometry in the right location in space.

If one merge .obj directly into a voxel layer it places the pivot point in the center of the geometry, and importing different part of a mesh this why will have the geometry overlap and one will manually have to compensate for this with tedious translations.
Also. Merging geometry from .obj directly also imports everything in that file into the same layer – it would be much nicer if every sub mesh in the.obj was imported into separate layers automatically – so before importing today one have to split the sub mesh into separate .obj files in some other 3d app and import them independently from each outer through the topology path described above… very tedious and boring labor this is. I hope the workflow will be improved in the final release.

See you in version 3... I will get it after returning from my vecation

Sheers!

PS. One more bug is that my app craches if I save the mesh in OpenGL with some of the advanced shaders and then try to open it up in DX.

#4486 e214

e214

Novice

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:44 AM

Hi Jim
Latest version is 3.00.07.
Maybe first try out the latest.

#4487 Jimstein

Jimstein

• 9 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:16 AM

Hi Jim
Latest version is 3.00.07.
Maybe first try out the latest.

Oki, I tried it in 3.00.07 (demo mode as it is not remembering my old serial even if I get a confirmation it was approved it hangs, and asks for the serial on every restart... strange).

The workflow problem above is still there. The shader problem is gone though. I Ill see if I can post this topic in a more appropriate thread as this tread probably should be closed down.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)