• 3D-Coat Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:27 PM

I have made retopo tool tutorial. You can find it there:

www.3d-coat.com/tutorials/Retopo/retopology.htm

Offline version:

www.3d-coat.com/tutorials/Retopo/retopology.zip
Attention! If I have not answered on your question on your thread please write me to support@3d-coat.com. Sometimes I may loose the thread, so prease continue conversation with me via e-mail if you see silent. 3D-Coat on twitter
www.3d-coat.com
Frequently asked questions
Brushing improvements thread

#2 rimasson

rimasson

Novice

• PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Interests:CG, photo, art, music, book, and movies.

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:17 PM

thanks for this tuto. i discovered a few things.
Win XP 64 Pro
Inter Core 2 Duo , 6420, 2.13 Ghz
3.25 Go ram
Quadro Fx 1500

#3 demether

demether

Neophyte

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:10 PM

Yes good tuto
thank you very much andrew
if you could do one (i know your time is precious) for uv-set manager it will be great too (for me though)
cause i feel very confused with managing multi uv-set on a human for ex (uv for head, one for body etc...)

so if you please then thanks a lot

#4 StereoMike

StereoMike

Novice

• PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:42 AM

Thanks Andrew!
But I find it hard to follow, cause there are not enough break points or pauses (where you have to click the green arrow). Often a yellow textbox appears and before I can read it it disappears. You also can't pause the player to read it.
Can you add more pauses?

Thanks,
mike

#5 Frenchy Pilou

Frenchy Pilou

Novice

• PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:33 PM

Often a yellow textbox appears and before I can read it it disappears

Curious that works fine for me!

Pilou (Frenchy)

Is beautiful that please without concept!

#6 wailingmonkey

wailingmonkey

Apprentice

• PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:15 PM

Andrew,

Thanks for sharing that! (think my two favorite tools are 'add points and faces' and 'draw
strokes' (makes re-topo on arms and legs a breeze!). :)

StereoMike,

Just use the play/pause button instead of clicking the arrow, and you can control where
you want to stop (to read). You can also 'scrub' through as you would with a quicktime
video as well.
-portfolio-

Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit | Q6600 2.40 GHZ | 8GB RAM | Nvidia GTX 560ti

#7 JULEZ4001

JULEZ4001

• New User
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:16 AM

On the wold tutorial , when you showing how ot use the draw stroke tool on the arm where it makes the mesh wrapped around the arm..when I duplicate the demo, i just get a strip of mesh and not the whole "bracelet".
Am i doing something wrong?

#8 Andrew Shpagin

Andrew Shpagin

3DC creator & admin

• 3D-Coat Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:54 AM

On the wold tutorial , when you showing how ot use the draw stroke tool on the arm where it makes the mesh wrapped around the arm..when I duplicate the demo, i just get a strip of mesh and not the whole "bracelet".
Am i doing something wrong?

Please show screenshot of what you getting.
Are you painting only one line across slices and press enter?
Attention! If I have not answered on your question on your thread please write me to support@3d-coat.com. Sometimes I may loose the thread, so prease continue conversation with me via e-mail if you see silent. 3D-Coat on twitter
www.3d-coat.com

#9 Hroethbert

Hroethbert

• 15 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:03 AM

Is there any way to position an imported 'external mesh' as a whole for a better fit when retopolising?

I was experimenting with this feature by trying to retopolise the 3DC standard head (man2.obj) with a mesh of a male head that I have, the imported mesh was never centred on reference mesh, only a couple of polys where attached to the reference.

(edit: added attachment)

Attached Thumbnails

• retop.jpg

#10 Andrew Shpagin

Andrew Shpagin

3DC creator & admin

• 3D-Coat Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:12 AM

Is there any way to position an imported 'external mesh' as a whole for a better fit when retopolising?

I was experimenting with this feature by trying to retopolise the 3DC standard head (man2.obj) with a mesh of a male head that I have, the imported mesh was never centred on reference mesh, only a couple of polys where attached to the reference.

(edit: added attachment)

No, there is no such possibility... Not sure that it is easy, but I will think how to do this.
www.3d-coat.com

#11 Hroethbert

Hroethbert

• 15 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:53 AM

... Not sure that it is easy, but I will think how to do this.

Hhhm...I guess that means that you will have it done by dinner tomorrow evening. :lol: :lol: :lol:

#12 theSemple

theSemple

• New User
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:3D fantasy art/worlds, and landscape/weather photography.

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:53 AM

Hello total newbie user here following the excellent tutorial for retopo. I can't seem to figure out when I use the split poly tool how to disengage it. Meaning when I'm done with the operation I hit enter but I'm still in the mode. How to I "finish"? For now I just choose another tool but I can see that creates problems when I go back to split polygon again. I prefer the ring split tool but that's not always the answer.

Love 3DC can't wait to finish the tech burn-in so I can start creating amazing art with it.

Found my own answer, the esc key seems to work just fine.

LOVE the draw strokes tool and tweak with brush softening tools. I build a lot of complex branching trees and these tools are wonderful.

on to more learning...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users