3DCoat Forums

Noob Retopo issues

Marsleader

I did the autopo and I got this green mesh. I want to see the topology but i cant separate the voxel model from the topology or get the green polygons to go away and leave just the lines so i can see it better... What do I do?

(by the way this model is for a Halloween model set)

post-14853-0-23206000-1349666084_thumb.p

• Reputable Contributor

Hide or delete that mesh layer and run Auto-Retopo (Autopo) again. If you created some splines for guides, they will appear again, in the same place you left them. This time, disable symmetry while you run it. I just tried it and I can see the wireframes just fine.

http://www.screencast.com/t/ZaRld3qjk

• Reputable Contributor

Run the DX version of 3DCoat to see if you still have the wireframe issue. If not then it could be related to open GL / 3DCoat OpenGL and your video card drivers... Just a possible reason...

What kind of video card do you have?

There is no way to change the retopo color. That has been requested a few times just to let you know...

• Reputable Contributor

I noticed your using 4.o beta. Would that have something to do with it? I bought 3Dcoat from steam so would i still be able to use v4.o?

Yeah...that's a good catch by Digman. Probably does have something to do with OpenGL. I would highly suggest anyone not using a workstation card (cause they have better GL drivers than game/consumer cards), to use DX. Less buginess and performs a LOT better.

As for the build...I'm not sure what the deal is with Steam licenses, but if you bought a license through them, you still should be able to download new builds from this forum (V4 Beta thread...always on the 1st page) and use them. Also, since you bought very recently, you will qualify for the V4 upgrade of that version (Non Commercial or Professional). Try to use the registration number you got at the time of purchase (save the key to a text file somewhere so you can retrieve it easily), if you get a prompt for it. May not, if it just installs over your current build.