3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

• Contributor

I ended up decimating the object and quickly redoing the specular channel. It took some time, but I couldn't wait for a patch. Nevertheless, many thanks for fixing this Andrew, because it was a really nasty bug!

I haven't downloaded the latest, but I don't think this was covered as an issue.

With 16A, I brought some meshes over for UVing. When trying to just create a new UV set other than default and name it, 3D-Coat crashes every time.

Yes I have been experiencing that too. I told Andrew directly and gave him some mesh files to debug. I think he has fixed it now, it will likely be in build 16D or 17.

• Advanced Member
I haven't downloaded the latest, but I don't think this was covered as an issue.

With 16A, I brought some meshes over for UVing. When trying to just create a new UV set other than default and name it, 3D-Coat crashes every time.

This is in fact addressed in 16C, I've been using it with no issues so far in this version.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

This is fixed in 16C - see first page.

Issue mentioned by Javis fixed as well, but the build 17 is still not uploaded.

Hi,

I'm running into this problem with 16 and 16C:

http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15859&p=106265

In a nutshell: I can't offset the Pivot position in the Spherical mode panel in the Materials panel. If I enter a value, the preview will update but the values remain at 0,0,0. Changing any other setting or option resets the offset in the Preview. Closing the panel also resets the Preview and the actual Pivot setting will fall back to 0,0,0.

Curiously, I got this feature to work briefly earlier today but I'm not sure what I did to trigger the correct operation. After that session, I haven't been able to get it to work correctly again. I'm seeing the same problem on my other computer. I'm running 3DC x64 CUDA.GL on Windows 7.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

G.

I think I figured out the 'trigger' for making the feature work correctly. If I first open the Cylindrical mode Settings panel and enter an offset, the value will persist. Then if I switch back to Spherical mode, I can use the value entered from the Cylindrical mode settings or change it, and the new value will persist for Spherical mode after clicking OK.

I'm not 100% certain this will work every time but right now I'm afraid to close and restart 3DC until I finish my current task. Will check on the accuracy of the above statement later today.

G.

Edited by D.R. Greenlaw

Confirmed!

Spherical mode suddenly stopped accepting offset values for Pivot but when I entered the offsets in Cylindrical mode the settings persisted when I switched back to Spherical mode. Whew! I can actually finish my task now.

Hope this gets fixed soon. Today was the first time I used this feature and it was extremely helpful. (When I got it to work I mean.) :p:

G.

Edited by D.R. Greenlaw

Hi,

I'm running into this problem with 16 and 16C:

http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15859&p=106265

In a nutshell: I can't offset the Pivot position in the Spherical mode panel in the Materials panel. If I enter a value, the preview will update but the values remain at 0,0,0. Changing any other setting or option resets the offset in the Preview. Closing the panel also resets the Preview and the actual Pivot setting will fall back to 0,0,0.

Curiously, I got this feature to work briefly earlier today but I'm not sure what I did to trigger the correct operation. After that session, I haven't been able to get it to work correctly again. I'm seeing the same problem on my other computer. I'm running 3DC x64 CUDA.GL on Windows 7.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

G.

Ok, fixed it as well. Thanks for reporting!

Andrew, thank you for acting so quickly!

Today I think I found another one: in the Voxel room, when I tried to create a Cone Primitive, the tool created a Cylinder instead. I haven't had time to fully investigate this yet but I thought I should mention it.

Will check if this error is repeatable tomorrow. (Oh...it's 4 am...I guess I mean later today.) :)

G.

Edited by D.R. Greenlaw

4.0.17 (win) mac+lin expected after initial check of this build

- fixed: Decimation removes specularity!

- fixed: Specular channel deleted in Proxy mode

- fixed: Specular channel deleted in Proxy mode

- fixed: Polygonal spline tool doesn't close

- fixed: Materials In Paint Room Disappear When Inverting

- fixed: "More/Less on heights" masking only works with positive heights

- fixed: Changing texture size to a factor of 1:2 changes existing uvs and UVs results in streches

- fixed problems with unclosed splines

- fixed superlongstanding issue of GL version when depth shader are freezing depth when shadow enabled.

- several important stability issues resolved

- improved: Adjustable scale for palette colors/shaders

• Like 3

• Reputable Contributor

Windows Version ---- 4.0.17

You still are unable to drag voxel or surface model layers to the Model or Spline panel and drop the model into the panel.

Palette scaling is great news...

Edited by digman

• Contributor

thanx for update and fixes.

Could CreaseClay depth 0-100% be equivalent to 0-300% please? Small brush sizes only graze the mesh

,it does not even look like any stroke were made on surface unless higher than 100% values are used.

(Im using intuos4 wacom default settings)

Thanx.

thanx for update and fixes.

Could CreaseClay depth 0-100% be equivalent to 0-300% please? Small brush sizes only graze the mesh

,it does not even look like any stroke were made on surface unless higher than 100% values are used.

(Im using intuos4 wacom default settings)

Thanx.

Ok, done this as well.
  • Like 1

Ok, done this as well.

Can you fix the Voxel Sketch tool?

*I reported this with a video over a year ago

Not hard to repo....just Click "Reset sketch" or "Fill current", tool stops working (it won't apply/build object)

• Contributor

Im getting tons of crashes when in "mark seams" or "Edge loops" mode in Uv section of retopo room in build 4.0.17.

I'll slim file (remove all sculpt volumes) and I'll send it to support tommorow  with bug report.

(3Dcoat does not let me send the usual bugreport ,it just generates a .txt )

Crashes happen after a few seconds not exactly when pressing button,but crash always happens.

Im getting tons of crashes when in "mark seams" or "Edge loops" mode in Uv section of retopo room in build 4.0.17.

I'll slim file (remove all sculpt volumes) and I'll send it to support tommorow  with bug report.

(3Dcoat does not let me send the usual bugreport ,it just generates a .txt )

Crashes happen after a few seconds not exactly when pressing button,but crash always happens.

It could be so good if you will drop me scene where it crashes frequently. Then I will fix in within half of hour.

• Contributor

It could be so good if you will drop me scene where it crashes frequently. Then I will fix in within half of hour.

here is file,I deleted all voxel stuff so its very tiny I also put crash report with.

uv crash.zip

On another subject:

there seem to be quite some bugs with shader making at this moment:

1)when using Edit permanent shader  ; clicking on colors inside shader opens 4 time out of 5 a random color instead of the color which was previously selected inside the shader.

2)sometimes when I try to make a shader from a Lamblight shader...3DCoat produce a weird cook-torrance shader with none of the color I choosed in Lamblight settings....happens a lot.

3)pressing Cancel also does not stop the creation of the shader .

here is file,I deleted all voxel stuff so its very tiny I also put crash report with.

attachicon.gifuv crash.zip

On another subject:

there seem to be quite some bugs with shader making at this moment:

1)when using Edit permanent shader  ; clicking on colors inside shader opens 4 time out of 5 a random color instead of the color which was previously selected inside the shader.

2)sometimes when I try to make a shader from a Lamblight shader...3DCoat produce a weird cook-torrance shader with none of the color I choosed in Lamblight settings....happens a lot.

3)pressing Cancel also does not stop the creation of the shader .

Thanks! Crash fixed, but I still can't reproduce 1 and 2. If you have idea when it happens - please tell. Maybe it is brush dependent?