3DCoat Forums

Huge memory leak..

• Advanced Member

I was working on my model and when I saved it it suddenly got 3GB's for 3.5 mil triangles.. this cant be right.. all my other versions are 250mb

Just incremental saved to another version and the file got 8GB!!

And my 16GB ram is filled to the max.. :(

Is there a way for me to report this without sending the scene?

Im using 3.7.18F

Things I did before this happened:

Updated nvidia drivers yesterday, I moved the head of my character down so it intersected with the body and I cleaned up with decimate + smooth.. thats all I did.. :'(

• Reputable Contributor

I was working on my model and when I saved it it suddenly got 3GB's for 3.5 mil triangles.. this cant be right.. all my other versions are 250mb

Just incremental saved to another version and the file got 8GB!!

And my 16GB ram is filled to the max.. :(

Is there a way for me to report this without sending the scene?

Im using 3.7.18F

Things I did before this happened:

Updated nvidia drivers yesterday, I moved the head of my character down so it intersected with the body and I cleaned up with decimate + smooth.. thats all I did.. :'(

I glad you are pointing this out, It has come up a few times now in the last week, Other users have commented on it. I only manually save so I would not have noticed it myself.

I think your are signed up at Mantis now, correct. That really needs a Mantis bug report also asap...

• Advanced Member

Posted it.. wanted to post it yesterday but it got 2 oclock in the morning from where I live when I noticed the bug.. :(

Still looking for workarounds to fix this, hopefully I wil find one..

• Advanced Member

Ok.... finally found a way to fix this...

Convert evrything from surface mode to voxel mode then save it and then re-open the file and then you can switch back to surface mode and save it properly..

If you convert from surface to voxel and then back to surface BEFORE saving you will still have a memory leak somehow it clears the ram when you convert from surface to voxel, save, close, reopen.. :)