ddo 5.3 free for all commercial use

is a campaign to capture user for the new quixel suite

something as:

use ddo 5.3

make money

buy the new suite

a win win scenery for all

• Advanced Member

ddo is a ps plugin. not sure how it could have plugins for max. As far as i see anyway.

what would be awesome is if 3d coat could bake models with maps ready for ddo.

so you could press bake for DDO and you would get both normal maps and stuff all at once.

• Reputable Contributor

ddo is a ps plugin. not sure how it could have plugins for max. As far as i see anyway.

what would be awesome is if 3d coat could bake models with maps ready for ddo.

so you could press bake for DDO and you would get both normal maps and stuff all at once.

I was reading the product page and it mentioned "dDo Fusion"...which fuses it with these apps. This could be an upcoming feature in the next release. Not sure. The pre-release price is only $100, so it would still be very reasonable compared to Substance Designer.

http://dev.quixel.se/ddo

• Contributor

you can make yourself 3DCoat voxel shaders corresponding to  Ddo material id colors swatche so when assigned  to voxel volumes  they all gets bakes and load proper materials in ddo...its very cool combination.

For normal map well,...Xnormals is still superior as it offers antialiasing 2x-8x and 3dCoat do not.Also 3DCoat does not bake true occlusion and curvature maps....

As for a 3DC plugin...well,3DCoat only have one shader in ppp mode....DDO,Substance DEsigner ect..all works together in order to provide integration with pbr display of shaders in engines (like marmoset ,unreal ect..) So to have a 3DC/DDo plugin Andrew would need to give access to those kind of shaders in paintroom...I think 3DCoat is really far behind on this matter,Im not sure Andrew understand the importance to jump on that bandwagon as soon as possible.Im afraid of a day when people wont be using 3Dcoat to texture anymore as integration is borderline inexistent...

a little note on ddo:

all videos showcasing ddos are using very carefully layed uv shells.... ddo works on Uvs shells in 2d and shell scale,position.orientation and separation is very important....it does not works as well on big unified UV shells covering many parts...also the feeling of succesive PS scripts running in your face is not as good as the instant feedback of Substance designer/painter.

• Like 1

• Contributor
Substance Designer is only $99.
Not the commercial version. That might be the price for the indie version now I think. You can only earn up to $10,000 per year using Substance Designer with the indie license.

As Artman said, Substance Designer is much easier in this regard. It doesn't feel like a bunch of scripts flashing before your eyes. It's really intuitive, and easy to use. Easily worth it's weight dollar per dollar versus nDo and dDo combined.

• Contributor

As Artman said, Substance Designer is much easier in this regard. It doesn't feel like a bunch of scripts flashing before your eyes. It's really intuitive, and easy to use. Easily worth it's weight dollar per dollar versus nDo and dDo combined.

if your uv shells are layed out properly, DDo is a better timesaver as it litterally make details for you,

while in Substance designer you have to build all your scratches masking and noises fiddling with nodes 

for quite a long time to get DDO outofthebox quality level.DDo also gets your gloss/spec totally insync with chosen material while in substance designer you have to figure that all out by yourself.

But someone really good with Substance Painter and with a good  substance Library can paint those details pretty quickly.

So I guess this is why substance painter was made...it really speeds up the areas where substance designer is slower.

But for people doing environnement work DDO is just pure magic...

Buying both is really not wasted money....

• Like 1

I bet! I'm really comfortable with nodes, so it feels quite natural for me. I just got it last week, and decided to use it on a project, I quickly created a swanky paint with rust material, with all sorts of controls. So for me, it was a good fit.

I also got Substance Painter with the recent indie pack, I agree that they made it so you can paint your substance materials quickly. It's quite nice. 

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

http://www.maxunderground.com/archives/21272_quixel_suite_open_beta_now_available.html

Comments

by Deck - June 11, 2014 3:43 pm

i got the suite and it is by far the worst money i have spent on software.
trying to learn the program but it´s buggy beyond comprehension:

-the ndo2 breaks license and cant be run offline. too bad for me since my main workstation is offline.
-ddo previewer apparently cannot be navigated with a wacom pen.
(other users reported it – i just was baffled how i couldn´t rotate a model)
- some 3d models imported into previewer appear triangulated with each other triangle transparent. some wont load at all. tried multiple obj export settings.

i have other gripes but these are the main ones.

the web presentation is sleek and looks professional but in my experience the software is a piece of crap at this stage.
i have lost i dont know how many hours trying to figure out if its me or the software so excuse the angry tone.

- See more at: http://www.maxunderground.com/archives/21272_quixel_suite_open_beta_now_available.html#sthash.vmuoC0D5.dpuf

I've been using the Quixel Suite for a few days now, and it's pretty nice overall. But I've also seen quite a few errors, had it crash completely once or twice, and the level of control isn't where I'd like it to be just yet. It's worlds better then the old dDo which I couldn't stand at all, but I'm not completely sold on it just yet either. I'd say for those that havn't, give the suite a try, its free until Septemeber 8.

Still havn't tried substance designer, but will get around to it sooner or later.

• 3 weeks later...

Beta lasts until September 8. It may be used commercially.

Special thanks to the folks at Blur, Valve, Blizzard, ILM, Rockstar, Infinity Ward, Riot, 343 Industries,
Sony Santa Monica, Respawn, Crystal Dynamics and Neversoft
for the invaluable feedback sessions.

wow ! :blink:

• Reputable Contributor

Beta lasts until September 8. It may be used commercially.

Special thanks to the folks at Blur, Valve, Blizzard, ILM, Rockstar, Infinity Ward, Riot, 343 Industries,

Sony Santa Monica, Respawn, Crystal Dynamics and Neversoft for the invaluable feedback sessions.

wow ! :blink:

And the whole suite is just $99 for the freelance version. I'm gonna have to jump on that, myself. With it working directly in PS, and with 3D Coat having such tight linkage with PS, it's a no-brainer. A lot less to learn that Substance, IMHO

• Advanced Member

Sorry to barge into this discussion, but seeing that some users here seem to be using DDO to Texture 3D Coat models, I would like to ask people who successfully used it a question:

I am also in process of testing DDO at the moment... currently with mixed feelings. The amount of weird behaviours, bugs-or-features and other silliniess ist baffling, I can only bear the flashing PS Scripts because PS runs on my cintiq while I use the DDO GUI on my Main Screen, and while my first test model came out fine after I got around the first few roadblocks (how to start the thing up, how to get the color ID File in without DDO crashing), my second model somehow exposed a weird bug other DDO users reported in the Quixel forum but no one ever gave a definitiv fix or workaround for.

Its basically the weird Edge Bleed Issue with the DDO Mask that is ruining my current texturing efforts. I tried about any combination of Input maps save curvature (no Idea how to generate this from the output 3D Coat provides me with), made sure the transparency is gone that 3D Coat causes in the maps, and so on.

I cannot get rid of these edge bleeds. I guess, to quote artmans opinion on the topic, with carefully laid out UVs (leaving a big border at the edges) I might get around the problem, but I rather not start tweaking UVs just to patch a bug in another tool.

Anyone had this Problem before? What did you do to get around it?