3DCoat Forums

Missing Progress BARS ...

ggaliens

• Advanced Member

Missing Progress BARS ...

I've been importing .OBJ (Wavefront) specifications for atristic fractal-ish shapes into

3DCoat. If I'm importing 256 object into a scene, could the 3DCoat at least toss up a progress

bar that moved along on increment per file ? Maybe no timing per-file ... but at least some

feedback for end user. I don't think it important that progress bars always move linearly

in time. They just have to move at descrete times. End user can usually fill in gap with

some imagination.

Right now I have an import going ... and I just don't know it it will ever end. It might be

one order of magnitue longer than I wanted for various reasons.

• Advanced Member

3DCoat VOXEL import mesh supports an instance aware version of OBJ that Andrew and I hacked up. Call it extended WaveFront or something.

Recursive arrangements can be made with matrices. So really ... only 1 of say the 256 objects would have real geometry. The rest would be

references to the real geometry ... and a matrix ... hidden in a WAVEFRONT COMMENT ... so that it still a legal Wavefront file, although less interesting. Small file ... lots of details and instances.

recursive-dodeca.jpg