3DCoat Forums

Gargoyle

Pilgrim

• Advanced Member

3. Using freeze tool I separate area on hind legs and on chest and fill it with Custom material: “Rough skin” with some anisotropy and using “lines mode”. Small strips on wings were made with Pen shown with arrow and with using curve drawing.

post-453-1196689407_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

4. In Sculpt mode (Free transform regime) using 4 handlers I change geometry of muzzle to made it more fearful. Along this procedure arise a little problem: sphere and base also moved when I move red handler on nose. That is why I had to move them back using “Select and transform” regime of Sculpt mode.

Ears also were sculpted using 4 handlers.

post-453-1196689510_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

6. Than I made custom material from texture.

I use it as color and bump texture. Parameters of custom material are shown on screen.

Than I set layer Transparency to 0.5 and Specular contrast to 1.0. Also some cracks on sphere and base were made.

post-453-1196689663_thumb.jpg

post-453-1196689706_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
6. Than I made custom material from texture.

I use it as color and bump texture. Parameters of custom material are shown on screen.

Than I set layer Transparency to 0.5 and Specular contrast to 1.0. Also some cracks on sphere and base were made.

Wonderful work!! Nicely done, and thank you for the tutorial.

Still trying to understand all the in-between steps. One question at this time though: How did you create the cracks?

rj

• Advanced Member

I am glad that my tutorial is useful for you. :)

To Guest:

"How did you create the cracks?"

Here is workflow of the process:

1. I have used pen shown on the picture, and painted depth and specular

post-453-1199872853_thumb.jpg

2. In start position pen radius was 2.63, depth=0.73 and specular=0.08. From this position I moved pen down to next point, where pen radius was increased to 3.44 and depth=1.00. Than I have moved pen down and in third point pen radius was set to 4.15.

post-453-1199872902_thumb.jpg

3. Than I repeat the same procedure in backward direction and in result we have crack. After calculation of occlusion it will become more contrast.

post-453-1199872931_thumb.jpg