3DCoat Forums

Space Battle Character Contest by Mixamo - $1000 + Unity3D Pro First Prize!

mixamo

CharacterContestWebImage.JPG

Mixamo is excited to announce our second official character contest. The Mixamo Space Battle Character Contest. Choose one of the two sides below, create your character based off the three requirements and be as creative as possible! We know there are a lot of talented character artists out there and we have some awesome prizes this time around!

Prizes

1st place: $1000 cash - Unity3D Pro License - 50 Mixamo Credits -Interview and Featured on Mixamo - Professional Rendering of Your Character

2nd place: $500 cash - Unity3D iOS or Android License - 30 Mixamo Credits - Interview on Mixamo

3rd place: $250 cash - 15 Mixamo Credits

Deadline : April 27th

Submission Process

1. Create your character (Choose one of the sides below, include the requirements and be as creative as possible)

2. Stick to the rules, under 40k tris!

3. Send three images [beauty Shot, Construction, and Texture Sheet] to contest[at]mixamo.com

Get all the details here: http://www.mixamo.com/c/user-contests/2012-3d-modeling-contest

====================================

CHOOSE YOUR SIDE

THE VANGUARD

Sworn defenders of the Galactic Nations. These super soldiers are cybernetically enhanced, gifts granted to them by the power source Heluim3. Because of these man made super powers they are only dispatched in the most dire of situations. Now an attack on the one of the largest heluim3 mining outposts in the system has forced the hand of the Galatic Nations and the Vanguard has been sent in.

• Male

• Super Soldier

• Cybernetic Super Power

VS

VOID PIRATES

These femme fatales descend from the Eridanus Supervoid, a dark matterless sector of deepspace and ransack mining outposts for Helium3, equipment and machinery. Because of their harsh living conditions they often have artificial limbs and support themselves on whatever they can steal. They've just begun an attack one the of the largest Helium3 outposts in the system, if they can make it out alive they will live like queens!

• Female
  • Space Pirate
  • Artificial Limb

• Advanced Member

to tell you the truth, i entered your character contest last year, with a nice and gentle creature of mine.

ok, may be the normal map had some problems,because that can change between builds

but my beloved criture wrent shown between your choosen ones

so we must have oposite artistic opinions at least

good luck with your galactic manga

thanks for sharing

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Must be one object ? one mesh ?

Or can be separate pieces ?

Texture Sheet (A single images displaying all used texture maps)

One single image displaying all used texture maps ?

Or all textures maps MUST BE SUBMITTED ?

ty !

I think your getting caught up in the needless details.

Keep to the poly count. Mesh organization is unimportant.

We would like a texture sheet, an image with all the textures in one so we can see them all at once. If submitting the maps is easier just do that.

12DAYS remain!

i'm still doing my entry and i think i will not make on time ...is it possible to extend the deadline. tnx. please.

my colleagues and i was only inform last week about the contest...... if you will be kind enough to extend the deadline....

Great news, the Contest has been extended based on contestants requesting more time. We've agreed to end the contest by one week.

The new END DATE is MAY 4th @ 11:59PM PST

If you have already submitted feel free to refine the entry and resubmit! Otherwise, we'll see you at the end of the contest!

@Carlosa pictures are fine some users have sent objs and proof of ownership, not required.

@Elizeusz the blog.mixamo.com will be showing them all after the contests ends.

• 2 weeks later...