3DCoat Forums

An old sneezing Utah Teapot video

ajz3d

• Contributor

When I was but I kid, I once saw a Utah teapot video (I didn't even know it was called like this back then). The teapot was pink and it kept sneezing. Each consecutive sneeze sent it higher into the air (or so I think). Then it burped or something and sprang so high up the sky that after it dropped back on the table it shattered into pieces. I was so impressed by this animation that I remember it to this day. It must have been a video demonstrating some newest technology (deformation and shattering perhaps?). Has anyone have a link to it? I've gone through YT from Α to Ω, but I found no trace of it. :( The video was from the 80's or early 90's.

Edited by ajz3d
  • Like 1

• Contributor

Hahah, Timmy. Many thanks! This is ALMOST the same video I was watching as a kid. But this one has textures and much more objects on the table. The one I have seen had maybe only one vase and none of the objects had textures. Also, everything seemed to play at a greater fps. :) Maybe it was some early version of the one that you linked?

---

You probably posted it while I was still writing my reply, Timmy. I would have never ignored you!

Edited by ajz3d

• Contributor

Ha ha ha! You guys crack me up! (like a Utah teapot)

Anyways, no worries, I was just kidding about the ignore list.

Also I'm amazed that the video I linked wasn't the one you were talking about! How many sneezing/exploding teapot videos are there in existence? Ha ha ha ha!

Then again, maybe sneezing teapots were the benchmark tests for early animation software (Maxon Sneezabench 1.0) :)

• Like 1