3DCoat Forums

Take a look at "Knald" - a bake quality texture generator

It's open beta right now. I imagine when they release it will no longer be free.

I used it yesterday for a little while, it is pretty awesome. Kind of cross between PixPlant and CrazyBump (minus the seamless texture generation of PixPlant).

Nice, but I dont need that, if I have FilterForge?! There are some nice filters for creating normal-maps (also from plane-photos) too ;)

http://filterforge.c...=normal+map&h=r

Yes filtergorge is nice too. I didn't knew you can calculate ambient occlusion and depth maps with filterforge too.

Is filterforge supporting Open CL too? Knald calculates maps in seconds because of Open CL.

Nice, but I dont need that, if I have FilterForge?! There are some nice filters for creating normal-maps (also from plane-photos) too ;)

http://filterforge.c...=normal+map&h=r

FilterForge is pretty cool. But in the end I'm not expecting Knald to cost a whole lot. After all, it is no FilterForge. :)

• 4 months later...

https://www.knaldtech.com/

Hey everyone,

New build ahoy! poly112.gif

We have made quite a few changes to this build as you can see below. Knald is now 64bit only and has the new ability to load 8k maps and bake Mesh AO from multi-million polygonal meshes with UVs in only a few minutes. poly112.gif

New & improved Mesh AO
baked_vs_knald_ao_80pc.jpg
Art courtesy of Dan Roarty

We have even included a new map type for you all to check out too! Transmission maps are designed to be used as omni-directional thickness maps (with an attenuation ramp) for semi-translucent materials.

Transmission
Transmission.jpg
Art courtesy of Warren Boonzaaier

As an added bonus we also have made substantial performance improvements the Integrator (speed has been increased by up to 500%) & to the Mesh AO (speed has been increased by up to 100%) poly120.gif

Have fun, enjoy the new goodies and please accept our heartfelt thanks for all the feedback since the beta started. Your help has been invaluable to us! <3

Release notes:
Build Number: 20130823002 - August 25th, 2013.

Knald Technologies is now on Facebook and Twitter! Like us on Facebook Here & Add us on Twitter Here.

New Features, Improvements and Optimizations
  • Knald is now exclusively 64bit. 32bit environments are no longer supported.
  • Knald has a new map type! Transmission maps are now available and are designed to be used as omni-directional thickness maps (with an attenuation ramp) for semi-translucent materials.
  • Knald now has the ability to use 8192² and larger textures. Texture size is now only limited by the amount of available CPU RAM and GPU VRAM (4GB of VRAM is recommended for 8192²+ maps).
  • Knald now has the ability to load multi-million polygonal meshes for preview in the viewport and use with Mesh AO & Transmission map generation. Mesh size is now only limited by the amount of available CPU RAM and GPU VRAM.
  • Improved Integration accuracy.
  • Added a real-time translucency option in the 3d Preview window for use with the Transmission maps.
  • Added the ability to toggle the colored lights in the 3d Preview window.
  • Substantial performance improvements have been made to the Integrator. Speed has been increased by up to 500%
  • Substantial performance improvements have been made to the Mesh AO (formally Low Poly AO). Speed has been increased by up to 100%
  • Knald now automatically detects the correct balance between integration speed & responsiveness based on the status of your GPU.
  • New 'Prioritize Integration Performance' option added to the preferences. This allows Knald to prioritize integration, Mesh AO & Transmission speed over viewport responsiveness.
  • Rendering compatibility improvements regarding OpenGL.

Bug fixes

• Miscellaneous bug fixes.