3DCoat Forums

Yes Sir We Got Paint

The Candy-floss Kid

• Advanced Member

Voxels and vertex paint - pretty fabulous I would say even it's early state.

It'll open up a whole avenue of creative expression.

Behold a sloppy sketch - ropey as heck , low poly, 0 thought , 0 endevor - throw in some slap dash texture painting and yet.....

a realization occurs that with 3D Coat's ability to render in perspective with decent shadows - something starts to cook.

The quality of being able to work with such renders starts to show an imediate aesthetic quality regardless of my rubbish and purely by chance likeness of Jonathan Richman.

The character is given prescence and weight within the outcome of 3DCoat's render, leading the artist to believe with a little more planning than none at all - what else could be possible?

Strokes candly-floss beard.

post-2166-0-83807300-1329961314_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• Contributor

One of the things I like best about 3D-Coat is the ability to express our feelings or our thoughts quickly.Sometimes we artists get

caught up in meticulous details and strive for technical perfection,which is fine, but other times it's nice just to express ourselves

with quick sketches.

Imagination has no limits

• Advanced Member
Tree21: One of the things I like best about 3D-Coat is the ability to express our feelings or our thoughts quickly.Sometimes we artists get

caught up in meticulous details and strive for technical perfection,which is fine, but other times it's nice just to express ourselves

with quick sketches.

I couldn't agree more. It's been a real pleasure since the addition of vertex paint to skip back a little with 3D Coat and sketch again just for kicks rather than using it just for worky work work and all that tricky stuff. I've been looking forward to this moment since I first picked up 3DCoat and have been playing late into this evening to enjoy it.

It's great to feel like a kid and just slap some paint on some clay.

Occasionaly I would happen upon an issue when attempting to paint on voxels , right clicking the voxel layers panel and selecting "to global" fixed matters.

If you're new to 3DCoat is to save a camera view (camera shortcut ) of your render window when you've set up your scene by pressing >cntrl + up arrow

Thanking you Grandmaster B and Chingchong for so kindly sharing.

Here, two more from speed sculpt , to paint, to lighting and finally render in one evening.

1, Kitty Portrait Of

2, My Very Own Zephyr

post-2166-0-96573300-1330055349_thumb.jp

post-2166-0-63669400-1330055459_thumb.jp

• Like 1