3DCoat Forums

General AppLinks info

Andrew Shpagin

We got the GoZ plugin for Carrara a few months ago, but I dont have ZBrush, and really dont think in buy it. 3DCoat is fa rmore easy to use an is powerfull like it. I think a lot of other Carrara users would love to have tha applink too.

completamente de acordo. Let us carrara/daz users play directelly with 3dc.

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, Andrew Shpagin,

Is it possible to support alpha channel for emissive map? (custom option in export dialog may be?). LW doesn't have separate channel for emissive color. I can place emissive map over basic color in layers, but this method requires alpha channel in texture.

Edited by Styler

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Andrew Shpagin,

Is it possible to support alpha channel for emissive map? (custom option in export dialog may be?). LW doesn't have separate channel for emissive color. I can place emissive map over basic color in layers, but this method requires alpha channel in texture.

Lightwave does support it. You need to make your shader setup with nodes.

Edited by mifth

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member

So glad there are applinks to other programs.  I did notice there was a PS logo floating around in the animation.. I don't see one for Photoshop.  Is there one?  I snagged the ZBrush one, so thanks so much for that!  :-)

• Contributor

So glad there are applinks to other programs. I did notice there was a PS logo floating around in the animation.. I don't see one for Photoshop. Is there one? I snagged the ZBrush one, so thanks so much for that! :-)

When painting a model in 3D-Coat you can sync with Photoshop and once you Save in Photoshop, the changes you make in Photoshop will update automatically back to 3D-Coat.

• Advanced Member

When painting a model in 3D-Coat you can sync with Photoshop and once you Save in Photoshop, the changes you make in Photoshop will update automatically back to 3D-Coat.

Thanks.  When installing though, made me a bit nervous... the applink native built in link is for ZBrush 4 not ZBrush 4.7. Had to change the path a bit too.  Hope it works....

• 6 years later...
  • Advanced Member

I decided to give the Blender applink a try again. I can honestly say it is working flawlessly with Blender 2.93 and 3DC 2021.61 and it has no problems with the fact my 3DC assets are on my E drive. 

Many thanks for resolving this issue and sorry if I offended you in the past.

Cheers

Kenmo

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Contributor
On 11/17/2022 at 5:18 AM, Flipper said:

Will 3dcoat 2022 work with blender 33.1?

Hi!

3DCoat 2022.50 Applink is also working with 3.4 Beta and 3.5 Alpha.  And USD uncompressed export without the Applink. Turn on 'usd preview shader' when import. Specular has to be set to 0.5. It is early stage for both blender and 3dcoat but very promising.

• Thanks 2