3DCoat Forums

Remember 3DCoat version 2

digman

• Reputable Contributor

A walk down memory lane before we get the official 3DC version 4.5 released.

I remember those days before voxels, surface mode, retopo, PBR and the slew of powerful features added since then...

I enjoyed 3DC back in 2007 and still enjoy it today! Way to go Andrew...

Pipe up if you were around in those days...

Oh yeah, back then it was called 3DBrush...

post-518-0-77379400-1421818576_thumb.jpg

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member

I think I got if for 60 bucks.

Saved me tons of time texturing even up to now. The only other option I had was bodypaint which was too expensive at that time.

I am very thankful to Andrew for changing the way I work ever since then. Literally I'm healthier and happier now spending less hours in front of the computer because of tools that speed up work like 3dcoat.

• Reputable Contributor

Yeah, I had been using a then dead app, called DeepPaint3D...which was really powerful in it's own right and had a UI very similar to Photoshop. It was the only other 3D texture painting app that allowed painting on multiple channels (depth, color and spec) simultaneously. But there were very almost no video tutorials for it, and it's parent company (Deep Hemisphere) just decided to stop developing it. It cost a few hundred dollars, so it wasn't cheap. Then came along this awkward looking little app that (late) Larry Shultz turned on to the Lightwave community. Even in early V3 beta stage, it was much better than what I had with Deep Paint, and BodyPaint was too expensive.

• 2 weeks later...