3DCoat Forums

Maya appLink

Styler

Hi guys.
Here is my small contribution in 3DCoat. =).
You can also watch preview-tutorial, how to use it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 2.2.2

Fixed:
- The issue with exporting selected objects

3dcoat_for_maya_v2.2.2.zip

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I have a new update. Currently in beta Version: 2.2.0

v.2.2.0-beta.jpg.7a7a0d2a065072b0385b080bb021f9e6.jpgmanual_settings.jpg.6e3cae0d675e205f113a274323796706.jpg

What's new:

• Now you can choose one of 2 approaches. "Use manual setting" uses old method. When you click "Show" button a new dialog will appear where you can find all familiar options plus some extra.
  • In release version will be introduced a new method, using presets. it's temporarily locked, because Andrey have to fix some issues in 3D-Coat, first.
  • From this version you'll be able to choose a shader type for imported object. Currently supported Software and MR, I'll putting more in upcoming versions. (Note!  You have to load Mentalray plugin before running applink. If you still can't see it in settings, try to unload/load applink and run it again).

Found a bug? Report it here. Thanks!

3dcoat_for_maya_v2.2.0-beta.zip

Version: 2.1.2

Fixed:
- various bug fixes

version_2_1_0.jpg

3dcoat_for_maya_v2.1.2.zip

3dcoat_for_maya_v2.2.0-beta.zip

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Applink for maya 2012 x64 worked fine until yesterday... weird enough, today it loads the plugin, but it fails to read any proc. ex: Error: Cannot find procedure "_3dcoatUI". And so on, for all procedures. It makes no sense, it's like twilight zone... So I've overwritten the old py file with a 'fresh copy', in bin/plug-ins, nothing. Since this is a python script I have no idea what's going on with it. : <

and... PS: 2013 support pls, if you have the time... thanks! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I am on v4 beta and there this menu item "open in original app" isnt there anymore. Anyone know how to get stuff from 3dcoat to Maya via appLink? Also wanted to mention that I have a background in Maya API stuff ( Python and C++ ) so if there is anything I can help out with, please let me know.

• 2 months later...

Hi a few things.

I have a prop I am trying to unwrap, when I use this script. I check the box that says, "Perform UV-Mapping in 3DCoat" (checkered icon), when I check that on an object on my prop (which has multiple objects)

I get this error.

[ref] mode

// Error: line 1: line 1: No object matches name: .color //

// Error: line 1: line 1: No object matches name: .ambientColor //

// Error: line 1: line 1: No object matches name: .normalCamera //

export complete

// Error: line 1: AttributeError: file C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2013.5/bin/plug-ins/3dc_connector.py line 1000: 'module' object has no attribute 'MStatus' //

What do the first 3 lines mean?

Either way it works...I loads up in 3DCoat.....So now I do all my unwrapping in, and save the UVS, and go to File> Open in original app

Now when I bring a piece of my prop back in, I chose the IMP icon on my 3DCoat tab, and all the options are checked. I choose ok, and my object is imported.....however....every other geometry in my scene dissapears, and is no longer in my outliner, every object, other than the one I brought in from 3Dcoat just GONE......WTH is that all about?

This is the message I get once I import my object back in from 3DCoat using your script.

C:/Users/Owner/Documents/maya/projects/default/3dcoat/import.obj

Import: can't parse SG

// Error: line 1: AttributeError: file C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2013.5/bin/plug-ins/3dc_connector.py line 1053: 'module' object has no attribute 'MStatus' //

# Error: RuntimeError: file C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2013.5/bin/plug-ins/3dc_connector.py line 641: Error occurred during execution of MEL script

line 1: AttributeError: file C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2013.5/bin/plug-ins/3dc_connector.py line 1053: 'module' object has no attribute 'MStatus' #

Thanks,

Little frustrated, and lost on the matter.

Hi:

The applink is working for i/o of the model, but when I import back to Maya, the textures are not included.

I have used both 'File/Open in original app', and 'export to Maya'. In both cases, an obj, mtl, and texture maps are saved to the 3DCoat folder. When I choose import, the obj is imported and deleted from the dir, so most of it seems to be working correctly.

In the video, you have a separate dialog for importing the textures, but I don't see that in the current version. I'm using Maya 2013, no SP.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys. I just came back from vacation and ready to fix bugs.

Anthony Thomas

May I take a look hierarchy of your object? Will be nice to have a simple scene with the same object hierarchy that you used.

pixeldroid

thx for report, probably i found this broken place.

• 2 months later...

Could you take a look into ScriptEditor? Is any warning message there?

No warnings:

coatImport();
file -import -type "OBJ" -ra true -options "mo=1" -pr -loadReferenceDepth "all" "F:/Docs/maya/projects/default/3dcoat/import.obj";
fileCmdCallback;
renameTextureViewPanel;
animationEditorFileCallback;
optionVar -exists dynPrefRunupToCurrentTime;
// Result: 1 //
optionVar -q dynPrefRunupToCurrentTime;
// Result: 0 //
proxyRefreshUI;
fileCmdRestoreCallback;
// Result: F:/Docs/maya/projects/default/3dcoat/import.obj //
[]
Edited by Lucoat

When you just load the plugin, what Maya says?

Smth like:

------------------------------
maya.exe path: D:/Autodesk/Maya2014/bin/maya.exe
user docs path: d:/Documents/
3dcoat maya dir: d:/Documents/3D-CoatV3/Exchange/Maya/
maya project dir: E:/Projects/MayaTestCases/
maya 3dcoat dir: E:/Projects/MayaTestCases/3dcoat/
Edited by Styler

loadPlugin("3dc_applink.py");
maya.exe path: D:/Progs/Autodesk/Maya2013/bin/maya.exe
user docs path: F:/Docs/
3dcoat maya dir: F:/Docs/3D-CoatV4/Exchange/Maya/
maya project dir: F:/Docs/maya/projects/default/
maya 3dcoat dir: F:/Docs/maya/projects/default/3dcoat/
3dcoat connector successfully loaded.
// Result: 3dc_applink //

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi. I am trying to install Ap link for maya 2014 however all the icons in the shelves do not appear? Any ideas for how to get these to appear and stay? I can load the icons in but they are not functional as I cannot tell what code to connect with which icon... also when I restart maya all the icons are gone again. 

Help!

-ethan Summers

Hm.. Did you copy all file like that?

\shelves\shelf_Coat.mel  -> c:\Users\UserName\Documents\maya\2014-x64\prefs\shelves\

all icons from \icons\ -> c:\Users\UserName\Documents\maya\2014-x64\prefs\icons\

Edited by Styler

• 6 months later...
  • Advanced Member

hmm, I installed it and have the shelf and the plugin loaded.  but when I try to export I get this error in maya.  

export complete
// Error: line 1: AttributeError: file C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2013/bin/plug-ins/3dc_connector.py line 1000: 'module' object has no attribute 'MStatus' // 

windows8.1

3DCoat4.1

maya 2013 32-bit sp2

any ideas?

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to Maya appLink