3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.7 updates thread

• Advanced Member

On a related note, it would sure be nice if the app's main menu were in the title bar like Photoshop CS6. The app's main titlebar is wasted space that I'd like to use if at all possible.

You can hit Alt + Enter to make 3DC fullscreen.

• Advanced Member

Alt+enter for full screen!

Thank you so much. I love full screen apps especially after the ridiculous implementation of apple.

Apps have to be written for full screen (says apple) ch ch ch

Blender is a full screen app, years now.

What about Zbrush or sculptris? ch ch

However, when in blender full screen, if mouse hits the upper row of screen, Mac basic row will appear, having some access on force quitting for instance.

This doesn't happen in 3dc full screen mode. Not very nice, if you follow me.

Of course in all OS's there are shortcuts for such job, you still can't see the appropriate panel for quitting, you have to remember and guess.

Full screen is elegant but you see some drawbacks already.

• Advanced Member

Well, I didn't receive an answer when I postd in the 3.7 thread, so I'll post again here.

Haven't been doing 3D in a long while and just downloaded v3.7 for Mac and I get a message that it doesn't work with my architecture.

I have an iMac running 10.5.8, Intel. v3.5 runs fine.

Didn't see any new system requirements. What am I missing here?

Bob

Well, I didn't receive an answer when I postd in the 3.7 thread, so I'll post again here.

Haven't been doing 3D in a long while and just downloaded v3.7 for Mac and I get a message that it doesn't work with my architecture.

I have an iMac running 10.5.8, Intel. v3.5 runs fine.

Didn't see any new system requirements. What am I missing here?

Bob

What does the error say exactly?

• Advanced Member

2 GHz Intel Core Duo

2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Running 10.5.8

Message: You can't open application "3D-Coat" because it is not supposrted on this architecture.

There's also a international don't sign through the application. (Circle with line going from upper left to lower right)

Bob

Actually it is a feature request, but:

Could you please switch the gouraud shading off in UV and Retopo Room? It makes no sence there.

I mean the shading of the created realtime mesh, not the voxel model - the voxel object should stay and be handled seperately.

I would like to see a "flat" shaded kind of model. The texture informations are the most important in this rooms, especially in UV room and I can't see the texture infos very well. Maybe the best would be to give the user the control over the model surface appearance?

Thank you

• Advanced Member

In Voxels room when I add new primitives to existing voxel model and these primitives are smaller then existing voxel model they are invisible behind voxel model and they are hard to be modified. I would like to have added primitives shown on the top of existing voxel model.

• Advanced Member

i have a problem, when i try to up res a model in surface mode (20k tris), the model would disappear

it happens when i import an object directly to surface mode, even from the models pallete. ( no voxel-step)

(with voxel as first step it works, but i want to keep all details in the very lowres stage, which i cannot achive with voxels in this early stage)

+1

For some reason I can't get the multires to work for me. I click to downgrade a (voxel or surface) layer, and it just flashes to the downgraded version then back to the full res.

Maybe I just need to do a fresh install.

Edit:

I'm using 3.7.12E(CUDA)(DX64)

Yes, reproduced, will fix anyway.

And yes, it worth to try decimation instead of degrading. Will try too.

• Contributor

Ok, made proxy via decimation (as option) - works really nice! Of course a bit slower than degrade - but preserves topology very well.

Waht!!Already? Awesome!! !..sir,you are fast.

Now LJB just need to make a new video instead of the Lizard one he made,that would be just so cool when V4 is launched.

I would do it but any screenrecording software used on my computer makes 3DCoat looks like it has performance issues.

I think I found a small bug in the new UI.

Switching between show/hide/auto preview options doesn't work with masks, only with materials.

3.7.12E CUDA DX64

Thank you.

But please check the bug reporting system before posting bugs here.

Yours is already known some time -> http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=513

• Advanced Member

2 GHz Intel Core Duo

2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Running 10.5.8

Message: You can't open application "3D-Coat" because it is not supposrted on this architecture.

There's also a international don't sign through the application. (Circle with line going from upper left to lower right)

Bob

Bob, 10.5.8 working fine for me with the latest update

2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Running 10.5.8

Zbrush developer is planning QRemesher. Can draw guide lines on the mesh and a new algorithm = retopo + decimate combined

should create a new lower poly mesh where the topology is following the guide lines.

3D-Coat could be better by:

Edge loop curve guide:

Draw these on the mesh and 3D-Coat decimates + auto-retopos the hipoly model, creating a new target mesh according to the number of Decimate% I entered, like Zbrush, but has clean edge loops where I have drawn the guides. Best for clean edges not only for organic-sculpture but also for mechanical models!

This should be the future of retopo + decimate combined.

Note that I'm talking about a hipoly mesh of 1.000.000 polygons, decimated+retopoed by 3D-Coat's new super-algorithm to 300.000 QUAD polygons that HAS clean edge loops, where i have drawn the Edge loop curve guides.

Hello, nice job on the UI !

Although in linux the new button icons are very slow !

No model on scene, visible especially in voxel room :

With icons : 11 fps

Without icons : Vsync @ 120 fps

Ubuntu 12.04 (tried with the simplest window manager, same result, no compiz activated)

gtx 260, driver 295.59

EDIT:

I think when you display icons it goes to software mode, I can see the performance level going back to 0 (2d) in nvidia driver panel; When you display only text, performance level going up in nvidia driver panel. Same result if I set nvidia powermizer to maximum performances.

EDIT 2:

it works @ Vsync if I check "Shader debug mode" in 3d-coat preferences !

Error thrown when switching from any room to voxel room : Custom/Shader_perso_1/mcubes | defines:(null) | compiling log : |

• Reputable Contributor

No problems so far running 3DCoat using Ubuntu 12.04 with version 3.7.12E . on my end. I run the non-cuda version...

Geforce 550 ti, driver 295.49 but with so many hardware/ software configurations out there anything can happen... :o

You can hit Alt + Enter to make 3DC fullscreen.

using Alt + Enter to make 3DC fullscreen dont let me to edit numbers with numpad in the numeric box option. Must i change another option in preferences ?

ty

Here's a crazy idea. The Quick Access section of the spacebar popup is along the top. The popup appears centered on the cursor. So what about putting the Quick access in the middle of the popup so that when it appears your cursor is already right on top of it?

• Advanced Member

Andrew, thanks for the work on the multires proxy and decimation, I look forward to using it!

using Alt + Enter to make 3DC fullscreen dont let me to edit numbers with numpad in the numeric box option. Must i change another option in preferences ?

ty

Not that I know of, entering numbers into the numeric box works fine for me. Maybe it's a bug, what 3DC version and OS are you running?