3DCoat Forums

Wanted: 3D Coat PBR object export to Unity 5 tutorial (with or without multi tile uv´s).

Do someone has succesfully exported a 3D Coat object with PBR materials from the beta 4.5 to Unity and share his way?

I also interested on how i can do this with a multi tile uv if someone know this.

I will try it more and if i succesfully can do it i will write the way i go here.

Thank you.

Do someone has succesfully exported a 3D Coat object with PBR materials from the beta 4.5 to Unity and share his way?

I also interested on how i can do this with a multi tile uv if someone know this.

I will try it more and if i succesfully can do it i will write the way i go here.

Thank you.

Hi, I imported some objects for Per Pixel Painting into 3D-Coat for use in Unity 5.

1. Import Model

2. Choose Workflow in Paint Room under: Textures-->Textures Import/Export Workflow --> Take what you want.

3. Paint Model :)

4. Export: If you choose Gloss/ Metalness or Roughness/Metalness, you export the Albedo and Normal Map via the Textures --> Export function. For the specular map with glossiness in the alpha channel, you have to switch the workflow (2.) to the first one (Gloss/Color Specular). Then you can export the specular Map (Textures --> Export).

5. Import Unity: Choos the standard shader (specular setup).

Hope this helps!

P.S. Thanks to digman who pointed me first into the right direction :)

Edited by red2blue