3DCoat Forums

Retopo technique for toon hair

Ghastly

• Advanced Member

I absolutely love how easy it is to sculpt a nice looking toon hair with this software but I'm having a little trouble getting a nice crisp retopo that doesn't end up looking all blobby. Are there any good tutorials and getting a nice retopo mesh for toon hair?

That's cool. Mine is all packed up.

For synth wise, I found a VST that simulates all sorts of old video game machines. If you're interested I could find the URL for it. Assuming you don't already have it.

• Advanced Member

Yeah that would be neat. I don't often use softsynths but that could be really neat to have. As you can see I'm more of a hardware guy.

post-38257-0-13967200-1393636779_thumb.j

• Like 1

Nice! Lots of good gear in there. :) I don't have anything close to your set up. A keyboard, a nanopad2 and lots of softsynths.

I had a MS20 and some oddball Roland hardsynth for a while. That's about it for my hardware.

Anyway, here is the softsynth. Hope you dig it. It's pretty good.

http://www.plogue.com/products/chipsounds/

• Advanced Member

And that's just the stuff that's in front of me. There's even more stuff behind me when I took the picture. The Arturia MicroBrute is the latest aquisition. I got it because it was the same price as a Kenton Pro MIDI to CV converter so I can MIDIfy my Moog MG-1. It was like getting a MIDI to CV converter that came with a free analogue synth and sequencer.

• Advanced Member

Well here's a video of me performing with my friend Dave Gould at Nuit Blanche.

This one's just a goofy song I wrote when I was experimenting with my KP3 and I was just starting to play with 3D too.

Super cool. That's my kind of show. The toilet drum is hilariously cool.

I like the animated one, it's bizarre and fun. :) (BTW, bizarre is cool in my book).

I checked out some of your other Youtube vids, you've got some killer tunes!