3DCoat Forums

Looking for a 3d-modeler for our game, Urgent!

Gam3

Hello,

this is very urgent, because we need some characters and other 3d models for our game. Samurai-Ninja themed, ancient Japan style.

Pls post some samples of your work, so we can choose and vote who will make 3d models for us.

We will need a lot of models, the most important part for us, is that they suit our game and that they have an unique style.

Looking forward to see what you got for us.

Regards,

Gam3Studio

Hello

Will be nice if you can add information about which job type is:

- Full time / Part time work (In-house)

- Freelance Job

- Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

- Unpaid Work (General requests, mod teams, niche projects, etc.)

ty

Hello

Will be nice if you can add information about which job type is:

- Full time / Part time work (In-house)

- Freelance Job

- Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

- Unpaid Work (General requests, mod teams, niche projects, etc.)

ty

Hello,

Thank you for your question, this makes sense.

Ofc we will discuss this with the person, who convinces us by their sytle and skills.

But basicly we are open to all above listed types, appart from fulltime.

Regards,

Gam3Studio

• Advanced Member

Sorry, but most people who are serious about doing this kind of work aren't looking to just hand out their experience and use of their own software licenses for free.  It's not really appropriate to ask for them to vie for your opportunity if you can't even tell us if it's paid work.  That data should be no secret.

I would assume it's not OK for you to give your game to us to review or play without some legal commitment to payment.  It's pretty much the same thing you're asking us to do.  There may be someone willing to jump in, so I wish you luck, but my advice to anyone who wants to do this professionally is not to undervalue yourself.

Edited by alvordr

• Reputable Contributor

Sorry, but most people who are serious about doing this kind of work aren't looking to just hand out their experience and use of their own software licenses for free.  It's not really appropriate to ask for them to vie for your opportunity if you can't even tell us if it's paid work.  That data should be no secret.

I would assume it's not OK for you to give your game to us to review or play without some legal commitment to payment.  It's pretty much the same thing you're asking us to do.  There may be someone willing to jump in, so I wish you luck, but my advice to anyone who wants to do this professionally is not to undervalue yourself.

+1. Plenty of people out there trying to get others to help them achieve their own goals, but don't value the other's time, effort, expertise, and $$$ invested in their own software and learning that software. "But you will have some crazy material to add to your demo-reel" they say. That's the same kind of thing some studios do regarding Internships. They supplement their workforce with unpaid interns....when the federal and state laws in the US actually prohibit it.

The truth is, PAID work looks better on a resume/demo-reel and most importantly, it balances the equity among the two parties. :D

Hello,

we usually pay for work; but in case someone likes to make some models for us, as a reference for his work or similar, we wouldn't force the artist to take money, but ofc we are willing to pay for work.

We hoped to see some samples of work, not discussions and speculation about the business relationships to our collaborators and employees.

Regards,

Gam3Studio

Want us to buy a pig in a poke? Havn't you got any samples up on the Gallery; so that we can judge the models styles and skills?

Besides, we are looking for passioned makers and not for those, whos first question is about money. Ofc we are willing to pay for work.

Hi Gam3

Will you please add more info to your request ?

Which are the Responsibilities, requirements ?

Did the modeler to create high and low polygon 3D environment assets such as landscapes, buildings, props, rocks, foliage etc. ?
Did create high and low polygon 3D characters and assets such as clothing and tools ?
Create UVMaps and high quality textures for your assets ?
What about character design ? Must create and modify assets based on team feedback ?

Final model polycount, texture size do you need.

Which platform (mobile, console...)

Do you have a site to see the game progress or tech demo ?

Ty

Let me suggest you to ask into another forum as well

Hello,

we need all kind of stuff ofc, like animals probably rocks too and so on.

But atm we are looking for our main charakter model, so that for we would like to see samples of work, so that we judge skills and style and so we can pick the one which suits our game and style the best.

Conditions and specific needs, first contract and following contracts, we will talk about in person with the artist.

Please post some samples of work and so we can know who work could suit us.

Would you get a tattoo, whithout checking some of the tattoo artist works or references first?

Maybe you know Shadow Warrior, Shogun 2 or similar games, well thats the stlye of models for characters that we want and need.

But you do NOT have a post a Samurai or Ninja or any else asian themed sample; we can judge by the quality and your style if your work suits our ideas.

We got 3d coat too and so a 3b file is fine (Platform?PC!). About our game, well thats top secret sry, but anyway the artist will get additional informations and samples of what we need.

The artist has a limited freeroom, but mainly our team decides how we want the models to be/look.

Atm we only need one character our main "hero" character, after both parties are happy with the first deal, we can talk about several more deals.

Enough infos? Now samples? PLS! TY!

Best regards,

Gam3Studio

Edited by Gam3

• Advanced Member

@Gam3

Main of the time 3D artists need infos like :

-  the company website and infos   (to see if it's a viable and something serious one or something risky where they could not get paid)

- What games your company have produced already ?

- Are you able to give some mail about some freelance 3D artist that already worked for you ?

- What contract do you offer ? Can we have some preview ?

Also you can't ask someone to put days of work without paying something :angry:

Enough infos? Now samples? PLS! TY!

And that way of dialoging is just unprofessionnal as it seems more like teenagers than some company managers :rofl:

• Advanced Member

Want us to buy a pig in a poke? Havn't you got any samples up on the Gallery; so that we can judge the models styles and skills?

Besides, we are looking for passioned makers and not for those, whos first question is about money. Ofc we are willing to pay for work.

I wasn't intending for my response to sound hostile.  I was simply looking out for our community.  There are plenty of samples of my work posted in the forums and on my own sites, but I'm already employed and not looking to work for you.  But I'll play.  How about some samples of your company's work?

You can simply look at the front page of this forum and see the level of talent that's here.  Granted, there's a big difference between being able to model something and being able to model it for game-ready or animation-ready work.  

There are plenty of people/companies who offer freelance work that expect work for free.  While it may be obvious to you that you're willing to pay, it's obvious from the responses here that you're the only one that picked up on that.  All we were asking was if this was paid work and what type of work it is.  For all we know, you could be a person applying for game artist work and using our samples as your own.  I very much doubt that's the case, but hopefully, you can see why we bring up these questions.

Don is right, getting some freelance work can help with your portfolio, paid or not.  Likely the biggest problem most artists have starting out, other than inexperience is a lack of confidence.  There are a LOT of companies and individuals that want to take advantage of that.  I'm just trying to help keep those who are building their portfolio from wasting their time and energy on un-focused and possibly fruitless work.  I've been through that, as I'm sure many others here have.  We have a very talented community and that talent is worth something.

For what it's worth, you're also right that you should ask for samples of work.  People will give that if they're serious about applying.  Your earlier answer containing further details about the type of work you're looking for also helps.  For instance, someone could show you tons of work that isn't going after anything you're looking for, but if they know what you're looking for, then you and they both have a better chance of meeting in the middle.  The only things I could find on Google when looking up your studio is a Steam profile with dead links on it, and a music video and other generic stuff that tells us nothing.

Edited by alvordr

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly Id be willing to toss some time at this if i knew more about it, please message me if you want to know i use more then just 3dCoat, but if i like what your about id be willing to toss some time in as long as your willing to pay for my time. http://orindoomhammer.imgur.com/all/ there is my portfolio, not compleate but its new to oldest or it should be, i have some new stuff i have been doing in zbrush to add to it but other then that the top 2 are the newest things i have done in 3d coat, anyway thank you for your time hopefully we can talk about this more oh and one more thing, style for me doesnt matter i can mimic style as long as i have a good and clear bit of concept art, you do have concept art right? with concept art i should be able to pull off any style you want. again thank you.