3DCoat Forums

v 3 Alpha wont run

I have add additional comments there:

http://3dbrush.kriska.hvosting.net/forum/i...post&p=7189

Ok, the second thing I did was download the toolkit and installed it and 3DC ran. But first I tried to install the CUDA 2.1 Driver beta and it gives me the error "The NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit".

I tried the CUDA 2.0 driver too and got the same error. Any idea?

• Advanced Member

I'm having the same problem in that voxel sculpting with CUDA enabled doesn't show anything. (incidentally I can disable it and sculpt fine, but as soon as I enable CUDA, any stroke obliterates the sculpt)

I 1st tried installing CUDA 2.1 Driver beta but I got the exact same error as Joshua. I then Downloaded CUDA 2.0 drivers which installed fine. Is it known that version Alpha42 does not work with CUDA 2.1?

Using my notebook with NVIDIA GeForce 8700M GT with driver Version 7.15.0011.7808 which supports CUDA judging by the list.

I'm having the same problem in that voxel sculpting with CUDA enabled doesn't show anything. (incidentally I can disable it and sculpt fine, but as soon as I enable CUDA, any stroke obliterates the sculpt)

I 1st tried installing CUDA 2.1 Driver beta but I got the exact same error as Joshua. I then Downloaded CUDA 2.0 drivers which installed fine. Is it known that version Alpha42 does not work with CUDA 2.1?

Using my notebook with NVIDIA GeForce 8700M GT with driver Version 7.15.0011.7808 which supports CUDA judging by the list.

well I'm a bit worse off in that respect, I'm using a radeon card. X850 Pro to be exact. Ive been searching over the web for answers but to no avail. I hope this cuda driver isnt dependant on nvidia cards.

By the way, when I open up v.3 and select the volumetric sculpting option from the bottom left, the app crashes.

• Advanced Member
well I'm a bit worse off in that respect, I'm using a radeon card. X850 Pro to be exact. Ive been searching over the web for answers but to no avail. I hope this cuda driver isnt dependant on nvidia cards.

By the way, when I open up v.3 and select the volumetric sculpting option from the bottom left, the app crashes.

CUDA only runs on Nvidia cards, and specific cards:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_learn_products.html

CUDA drivers are just display driver with CUDA component, so it wont run on your ATI card.

• Advanced Member
so does that mean the voxel modeling wont work on my PC with a radeon card?

Not at all, just download the non-CUDA version and it should run. Also Andrew plans on implementing GPU Acceleration for ATI card.

http://ati.amd.com/technology/streamcomputing/

• Advanced Member

Maybe opencl could be used to cover both Nvidia and ATI products? Not sure when (if) it will be released and supported by both vender's though. I believe AMD (ATI) has already said they support it.

Having to maintain separate Nvidia/non-Nvidia sources would seem to be a real pain for the developer (Andrew.)